2.8

2.8

Never again.

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Sally Hansen Face & Bikini Wax Strip Hair Remover:

Perhaps this might do the trick for women with fine, dainty staches, but I get stray hairs on my upper lip/chin that are coarse, dark, and put up a fight, even when tweezing. I tried this product for the first time, followed the instructions carefully, and when I pulled off the strip it removed nothing. I tried again - nothing. I waited a half hour and tried one more time, and by then I had not only the hair left behind, but a lovely cherry moustache where I ripped off a layer of skin... which lasted for three days. I will admit that I probably got a little strip happy and should have threw in the towel after the first unproductive go, but I really wanted it to work. So, this is a cautionary tale to women with similar hair type - don't waste your money.

Not very painful but had to redo it more than once

from Coldwater, OH

Comments about Sally Hansen Face & Bikini Wax Strip Hair Remover:

I was interested in trying this Sally Hansen wax hair remover because I am a person who is always on the go and didn't have time to fit a trip to the salon into my schedule anymore. Not to mention that your face is completely red after being waxed so you have to be very conscious of the time of day you wax or you'll walk around looking like a stawberry face in public. I decided to try this product so I could wax my facial hair in the evening before bed so nobody would have to see my reddened face.

The directions are pretty clear and easy to follow and the kit comes with a neat indicator stick to let you know if the wax is too hot to apply. I had a little trouble getting it at just the right temperature the first time but now it's easy. I really don't think that tearing off the wax strips was very painful so that was a major plus! However, I had to do each side of my upper lip twice to get all the hairs. It just doesn't work quite as well as salon quality waxing. In all, it's much more convenient and I will definitely use again.

Sally Hansen put's the pain back in hair removal!

from Alpine, CA

Comments about Sally Hansen Face & Bikini Wax Strip Hair Remover:

I needed a quick eyebrow wax on a Saturday afternoon when the salons had already closed. I ran to the corner drug store and chose Sally Hansen's Face & Bikini Wax Strips because it seemed the best choice from the minimal selection available in a small town drug store. My first mistake was purchasing the product, my second mistake was using it. I got home and promptly used one strip on the bottom line of my eyebrow. I then used the same strip along the top. The burning pain was almost unbearable, I had read all of the paperwork and the only warning was that there may be a "slight reddening" of the area and to not use more than one time in each area in a 24 hour period. I immediately threw the box, along with remaining strips in the garbage. About 5 minutes later, when the burning pain had not subsided, I looked in the mirror and noticed a burn had appeared. The oil they give you does nothing for chemical burns. The company can not assume that their product will be suitable for everyone, but no where on the box or enclosed instruction/warning sheet does it say that a chemical burn can result. Plus, it didn't even remove all of the hair! Needless to say, I will never use this product again.

Can't be beaten for the price

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Sally Hansen Face & Bikini Wax Strip Hair Remover:

Sally Hansen Face & Bikini Wax Strip Hair Remover is a good do-it-yourself waxing kit.  Disclosure:  I have only used it for face waxing, not bikini, so I cannot weigh in on its performance in that arena.  The strips are very easy to use.  The instructions say to warm it in the hand, but I find it doesn't provide enough heat (maybe my hands are too cold).  Instead, I hold it up to a light bulb for a few seconds.  Then you pull the strips apart, smooth them onto your face, and rip off.  I find it works best if you wait a while to let the strips cool before ripping them off.  If you do it while the wax is still melty, it doesn't get a good grip on the hairs.  It works pretty well at removing hair.  It is painful, but there is no waxing job on Earth that doesn't have a bit of pain.  The kit also comes with a cleansing oil that removes any excess wax from your face, and soothes the skin.  I cannot leave the oil on my face because it makes me break out, but it's still good to use.  I let it sit for a bit before washing it off.

Does well enough for its type.

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Sally Hansen Face & Bikini Wax Strip Hair Remover:

Rule of thumb: if you have time for waxing, you pay a colossal sum of money to have somoeone else do the honors; if you're hard pressed for five seconds of personal time, you might pay less for something from the drugstore and have all kinds of adventures while trying to clean up that obnoxious shadow just above your lips. Fortunately Sally Hansen Face & Bikini Wax Strip Hair Remover can meet it all halfway.

The big selling point of these strips is that they contain the perfect amount of wax so that ham-handed people like myself don't have to worry about how much goes on. There is also a medium-size strip that I don't find with other brands, which is perfect for doing areas slightly larger than the upper lip or middle of the eyebrows (like those nasty chin hairs that I don't like to admit exist.) In order to activate the wax to optimum performance, it's necessary to rub the strip between the palms for half a minute and here's where I have minor issues, if only because the strips are plastic. The friction can be a little uncomfortable, and they don't mold to your facial contours quite as well as similar strips made of cloth, and sometimes I've ended up having to do it again. They do a decent enough job of getting rid of those ugly little hairs most of the time though, and that's all that's necessary. A small bottle of soothing oil is also provided. Very small, and frankly not enough, but it's of good quality and does its promised job. They're not bad if you need a little something between waxing appointments, or if something arises where you need to rip it all off but don't have the time to get into the beauty parlor.