Other Nail Products:
Sally Hansen
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - All Shades

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - All Shades

Not as "complete" as I'd hoped

Sally Hansen's Complete Manicure line was somewhat of a disappointment to me. These polishes are designed to be used without a base coat or top coat. Furthermore, they are supposed to be chip resistant and high shine. These are lofty claims, and the polish simply cannot deliver.

First of all, I found these polishes to be pretty inconsistent in terms of quality. Some of the opaque creams apply streaky and require many coats, while others are thick and gloppy and difficult to apply. The sheers in this line apply poorly and are prone to streaks. I've had particular trouble with "Polar Bare".

As for living up to the claims... This polish isn't high shine. It does require a top coat if you want a high gloss finish. I didn't find it to be particularly chip resistant either. It wears about as well as any other drug store polish. A base coat can help to remedy this, but the polish is specifically marketed as not needing any additional prep. It just doesn't live up to the hype.

I'm not saying this is bad polish, but it does not do what it claims to do. If you want a perfect manicure, you will need to use a base and top coat. The Complete Manicure line isn't as "complete" as it claims.

Very disappointed

I was so disappointed when I got this nail polish home.  I have always loved Sally Hansen nail polishes.  It looked so pretty in the bottle.  I got it for a decent price, and it applied beautifully.  However, as soon as it dried, the color went from shiny and pretty to dull.  In just a few short hours, the polish started chipping from the tip.  The marketing for this product was great.  I had read that it was favored by manicurists over other polishes.  In addition, I have nearly every color and every type of polish made by Sally Hansen.  The good things I can say about this product, is that it comes in such a nice variety of shades.  The polish applies easily, with a great brush.  It dries quickly, and the bottle is attractive, easy to hold, and looks very expensive.  It looks great until it dries.  I've even tried applying a clear coat over top, but, it doesn't help.

I have been told by some others that quick dry polishes tend to dry a little dull, but, this is the first polish that I have had that happen with.  What disappoints me even more is reading the 4 other reviews that praised the product.  That makes me wonder if I just purchase a bad batch; one of the earliest on the shelves.  I would be willing to try this in another color, if I got a good price on it.  I wish I could give this a good review.  Sorry, Sally Hansen.

Beautiful and high quality

Comments about Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - All Shades:

I received a sample of Sally Hansen's Salon Complete Manicure in the shade called Baraccuda in my vowvoxbox through influenster. I am not sure what the price of it is, so that is not a factor in my review.

The color is perfect, especially for the "something blue" at someone's wedding. I would consider giving it as a gift for a female friend of mine getting married. I thought from the bottle I may not like the shade, but I was pleasantly surprised that it looks better on my nails. The brush applicator that came with this nail polish was my favorite part. It made it very easy to paint your nails evenly without messing up and accidentally painting your skin.

Although I received this product for free, I would buy it again and would like to try it in other shades since I had a great experience with it. I would absolutely recommend Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure nail polish.

Great product- I only buy Sally Hansen!

Comments about Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - All Shades:

I discovered Sally Hansen nail polish when I was pregnant because I read that it was safe for use. I felt good that I wasn't inhaling, or spreading onto my nails, harmful chemicals, and I was happy with the color and wear!
I give myself manicures, and I am happy that the color wears nicely for about a week (which is standard for me), and it doesn't chip or peel easily. The price point is not extravagant, either.
There are lots of colors to choose from, and I am happy with the selection. I also really like that I can buy Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure nail polish pretty much anywhere. If I happen to be in the grocery store, a pharmacy, or even Marshalls or TJMaxx, they all carry the product. And, availability is a big deal when I need nail polish- and just to be visible so often; I always see a new color I just have to have!
I highly recommend the solid colors, as well as metallic and sparkly polishes- they all wear great (especially the sparkly ones!).

Not as "complete" as I'd hoped

Sally Hansen Polish as Good as Pricier Brands

from Forest, VA

Comments about Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - All Shades:

Purchased this polish in several colors - wanted a good quality polish when I switched from Salon Manicures to home manicures. This polish has been wonderful. The brush is wide and rounded at the tip, making it easy to control the brush stroke. The polish is creamy and thick so one complete coverage can be obtained in one application. If a 2nd coat is desired, the color is enhanced - very smooth and rich looking.

THE BRUSH IS TERRIFIC

Comments about Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - All Shades:

I use this nail polish exclusively now. I have dozens of polish brands in my repertoire, but I only choose to use the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure because it makes polishing so easy.

The brush is flatter and the end is rounded. The effect is that you get a more even application and don't get a lot of errant strokes.

The polish itself is really good too. My nails usually chip the next day when I do them myself. With this polish, I can go a couple of days before touching up. Also, when applying, the polish 'smooths' right into itself so you can't see stroke lines - even on the first application!

Once you try this polish, you will not go back to the other brands!

Beautiful at home manicure

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - All Shades:

I just bought this kind for the first time. I love Sally Hansen but not sure why it is more expensive. There were no instructions about this product but here is what I thought of this product. The brush applicator is shaped differently and seems to fan out thinner. When applying it does come out nicer and I love the shades. But after a day sadly it looks like it fades at the tips which I think has to do with the uneven brush. I can't complain it is smudge free and seems to dry quick.

Stained my nails!

from Olathe, KS

Comments about Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - All Shades:

My nails have never become stained from nail polish since I always use basecoat. However, when using this product with a "built-in" basecoat, both my finger and toenails were permanently stained a jaundiced yellow. Still waiting for my nails to grow out to get rid of it!

If it wasn't for that, I loved the larger brush, colors and reduced time spent.

If you are used to poor manicures this is for you

from Bellevue, OH

Comments about Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - All Shades:

Very disappointed in this product; doesn't cover evenly, lacks luster and dries slowly. Not what I was expecting at all.

I would rather spend a little extra time and have a manicure that looks good than go with a second rate product like this.

Will definitely be seeking a refund.

Great Formula & Impressive Colors!

from Ridgefield, CT

Comments about Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - All Shades:

The Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure is a fantastic nail polish - it comes in a wide array of amazing colors and has a really nice formula. Of course, since it's Sally Hansen and available at the drugstore, it's also very inexpensive! The Complete Salon Manicure nail polishes have a very wide brush, which I really like because it covers more of your nail and coats it more evenly. It does have one of those strange brushes, however, the one thats more rounded instead of square, which should make applying polishes easier but somehow it makes it slightly more difficult for me. One of my favorite colors of the Complete Salon Manicure polishes is Cafe Au Lait, which is the absolute perfect nude shade for me! Most nude shades, I find, tend to be too light but this one is perfect. I would definitely recommend trying these out.

Sally Hansen Nail Polish is so pretty!

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - All Shades:

If you have seen this in your local store, you know how many shader there are. I could spend all day looking through the colors and picking out one. I would first like to mention how high quality the packaging is. The bottle and brush are both extremely high quality and they definitely didn't disappoint. Now the actual polish itself is quite nice as well. I did need two coats for the particular color I was using, a silver (the label peeled off so I can't tell you what the name is). The brush, let me rave about the brush! It's flat and so application is really easy! I can do the three swipe technique to apply where you do one swipe down the middle and a swipe on one side and then a swipe on the other to complete. I don't need to go back and touch up at all.