Other Detergents:
Safeway 2X HE Liquid Detergent Free & Clear - 150 oz

Safeway 2X HE Liquid Detergent Free & Clear - 150 oz

I'm "green" and my clothes are clean!

from Northfield, IL

Comments about Safeway 2X HE Liquid Detergent Free & Clear - 150 oz:

If I'm not mistaken, this product was my first "conscious" green purchase. How did that happen? Uncharacteristically for me, I was not loyal to a laundry detergent.  I would usually buy one of the name brands. But I think I got a coupon for this Bright Green detergent. So I bought it.

The first thing I liked was the size - 150 oz meant fewer trips to the store for this, fewer purchase decisions. It says it's double concentrated so one would technically use less. (Not me... I don't measure so I'm probably not getting that benefit.) It's phosphate, dye and perfume free... I like that. It's biodegradable and still tough on dirt and stains.

I also like the container.  Even though it's big (and heavy when it's full) it has a cap that you loosen to help with flow out of the push button "tap." The cap on the tap is a measuring "cup," which might be useful to some.

Okay, so we're green.  How did/does the product perform.  Just fine.  I noticed NO difference between Bright Green laundry detergent and all the other name brands I've used over the years. Bright Green is now the only laundry detergent I use.  Who knew?