View more baby tubs seats

Other Baby Tubs & Seats:
Safety 1st
Safety 1st Tubside seat

Safety 1st Tubside seat

A tremendous help for bath time!

Before I purchased the Safety 1st tubside seat, I was wishing for extra hands during my son's bath time.  I was holding my son with one hand and trying to bathe him, reach for shampoo, rinse his hair with the rinse cup and all of these bath tasks with only one hand. All the while I'm bent over the tub and very uncomfortable.

The tubside seat is very comfortable to rest your arm on and the design is great to hold your child and give the extra support they need.  This frees your hands so you can wash their hair with both hands and makes both of you more comfortable.

The seat is priced reasonably, easily found at most stores that carry infant tubs and other bathing accessories and holds up well.  The only damage done to my tubsite seat after we were done using it was a little piece of foam missing off of the arm rest where my cat jumped up on it and scratched it.

It seemed comfortable to my child and was a sturdy design.  I recommend this to any mom.

Clunky bathseat more hassle than help

While it seems like a nifty idea, this infant bathseat is actuall more of a hassle than its worth. First of all, you have to fill the bathtub very full of water in order for it to even reach the baby. But even then, it is hard for the baby to actually have fun playing in the ater because it is hard to reach over the sides. And the seat gets kind of slippery as well, making it hard for the baby to keep seated (rather than slipping forward).

Secondly, the bath seat is quite bulky and cumbersome, so unless you have a large storage area, it is probably going to have to hang out in your bathtub--making it a pain every time anyone else wants to take a shower, etc.

Lastly, water gets stuck in many of the cracks and crannies of this seat so it takes quite awhile to drain water--again, a pain if you want to store it somewhere (becuase you have to wait for all the water to drain out).

This may be useful to some, but overall I would say it is one of those items thought up by manufacturers to make a quick buck.

helpful in the tub

from Cordova, TN

Comments about Safety 1st Tubside seat:

This product is a big help in the tub.  It keeps your child in one spot for easy cleaning, and still allows them to splash and play.  It is a bit of a pain having to get it in and out of the tub at first, but you tend to get the hang of it.  We never had a problem with it until our son decided that he didn't want to sit in it anymore and wanted to be in the tub like a big boy.  We've got it put up now until our daughter's old enough to use it.

Clunky bathseat more hassle than help

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Safety 1st Tubside seat:

Tubside seat works great!

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Safety 1st Tubside seat:

I think that the safety 1st Tubside seat works great! We have used it with all three of our children and it has been a wonderful addition to bath time. Once your baby gets to the point of sitting up on their own that is all they want to do in the tub also. It can be a real balancing act trying to keep them from sliding all over the tub and prevent them from hitting their heads. This seats works great because they are able to swivel and turn while playing with toys. They are able to reach down into the water and play with their toys easily.

My only complaint about the seat is that it can be large and bulky when it is not in use. If you have more then one bathroom that is great because then you don't have to worry about finding a place to put it. It is also kind of hard to store once you are not using it anymore but want to save it for another child.

Even with those cons I still would recommend this for anyone and would have not survived bath time with my children with out it.

Great before your child stands-up/walks

from Athens, GA

Comments about Safety 1st Tubside seat:

We put this tub seat on our registry when we were expecting our first child. A friend had reccommended this tub seat because it worked well for her and her child. We recieved this tub seat as a gift and have used it on our son since he was sitting up. The little tub we were using wasn't really safe anymore since our boy could sit up and slide forward (belly down). This seat is ready to use essentially with one step assembly out of the box. It fits easily over the edge of the tub and connects securely with suction ups for extra safety. The seat itself swivels around or can be locked into a front facing or rear facing position. My issue with the seat is that the leg holes are not padded and sometimes it is hard to get my son to easily co-operate when I'm putting him in it or taking him out so his legs smush up against the hard plastic. The edge of the seat that fits over the tub is tapped for adult comfort when leaning over the side to wash baby. Also, the seat NEEDS to be lifted up and turned over after every use because water gets trapped inside the seat portion.

Great product - so helpful!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Safety 1st Tubside seat:

I really love this bath seat. Here are some reasons why:

- The padded arm that fits over the tub is WONDERFUL to rest your elbows on while bathing your child - makes bath time much more pleasant for mommy!

- It secures to the tub in two spots - the padded arm fits snugly over the side of the tub and the bottom of the seat suctions to the bottom. Seems very safe to me (but of course I would never leave my baby alone in the bath tub, no matter how safe it was!)

- The swivel feature is great, I can turn my son facing either direction in the tub.

Yes, you have to watch your child closely but that is true ALWAYS, with ANY bath seat or no bath seat. This is a very safe and convenient bath seat.

One slight issue is that it is pretty big and awkward-shaped with the arm, and takes up quite a bit of storage space in your bathroom, or wherever you want to keep it.

I would totally recommend this to any of my friends or family.

This is the best thing ever for bath time of a little one

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Safety 1st Tubside seat:

I had never seen this product before unitl I had my last child a year and a half ago.  It is the most wonderful thing for bath time ever.  Before I would always have to sit my little ones up and try to hold onto them while bathing them and now this helps keep them sitting up so they can enjoy their bath.  It is so easy to put in the bath and they can face either way.  It's easy to turn and easy to clean.  They slide right in easily and it is easy for them to sit up in it once they can hold their head up and sit with support.  I have to say this is one of the best baths ever.  It really does help the little ones still get to enjoy their bath and have fun play time without having to lay back all the time or trying to flip over or slide out.  Plus there is no slim on the bottom of the tub like there is in the little baths.  The only thing bad about this product is that once they get a little nigger they do try to climb out or slide out.  You almost need a little fastner, ha ha.  No all in all a great product that I would highly recommend to others!!

A tremendous help for bath time!

from Theodore, AL

great seat

from Statesville, NC

Comments about Safety 1st Tubside seat:

We bought this bath ring style seat after we were done using the Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders bath tub, because our daughter wanted to sit up in the tub and look around more. This is a great product for baby's that are sitting up. It allows them to play and splash in the water and see things better than if they were sitting or laying in an infant bath tub. The Safety 1st Tubside Seat also has an armrest that hooks onto the side of the tub, both holding the seat in place, and also giving mom and dad a soft place to rest their arm while the little one plays. The arm that hooks onto the side of the tub is adjustable, and quite long, and should fit most tubs. Our tub is quite deep, and it works great it in, and also in my mother’s tub, which is quite a bit smaller, so you should not have a problem fitting it onto your tub. The most important thing is that my daughter enjoys sitting in it. She has more freedom than she did in the other tub, and she doesn’t have to have my hands on her at all times. I sit on a stool next to the tub and she can play freely and comfortably, making bath time more enjoyable for both of us. Now instead of holding onto my baby, I can play with her. Of course you cannot leave your child unattended, but it gives you a bit more freedom to move and play with your baby. The downside to this is that it is kind of bulky, so storing it may be an issue if you are in a small bathroom. We put ours in a corner, which isn’t all that appealing when you enter the bathroom, but we don’t have another choice as it’s too bulky to fit into a bathroom closet. It is a nice product, and is definitely good quality, and I would recommend it for parents who are looking for a bath ring product.

Safety 1st tubside seat made bathtime easier with my kids

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Safety 1st Tubside seat:

The safety 1st tubside seat was great for my kids when they outgrew their infant bathtub, but couldn't sit real well on their own.  It is great for keeping them from sliding around in the tub.  And it kept my son from trying to stand up in there all the time!  You can change the direction that the child faces which is nice.  It holds a lot of water, so I would definitely recommend tipping it upside down and leaving it in the tub overnight to drain.  Also it scratched my son's leg one time when we put him in it so you have to be careful of that.  folds up nicely to store!

Didn't expect to need it but very useful

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about Safety 1st Tubside seat:

I received the Safety 1st Tubside seat as a gift at my first baby shower which I didn't request.  I honestly thought I wouldn't use it and considered taking it back.  It was actually very useful.  It is useful for babies who can sit up but not well and who are too big for the kitchen sink.  It allowed me to put my son in it about 6 months and for him to be able to take a bath without me holding him.  It was a great item to have until he was able to sit well on his own.  Tubs are slippery and this kept him in place without me hurting my back trying to hold on to him.  Children can still splash and play without the worry of them falling backwards or forward into the water.  What you have to consider when purchasing it is that the part that attaches to the side of your tub actually fits.  I have a wider area to my tub that it didn't fit over.  We had to seat it back farther in the tub.  Also you have to use more water than normal because the child sits up higher in the seat in order to cover their legs.  Overall I was really glad to have had this tub seat It held up well and will use it again for my next baby.