3.6

Pros

Cons

Only fit to 25 lbs but otherwise great

Comments about Safety 1st OnBoard 35 Infant Car Seat:

We received this carseat as a gift from my mother-in-law. We were having a boy so it fit perfectly.

The base was a bit difficult to install, but that seems standard for carseats. We have a small Nissan Altima, so we put it in the center with the lap belt. At first, we needed a rolled up towel to get the level in the correct spot. Our baby came five weeks early, so we had to do a "car seat challenge" before we could go. Luckily he passed!

Once he passed the eleven pound mark (as indicated on the level) we were able to remove the rolled up towel and readjust the seat to get the indicator at the correct spot.

However, my one beef with this car seat is that it only comfortably fit the baby until he was just under 25 pounds. We had all the straps on the highest and loosest settings. We were unable to use the strap to loosen it any farther. If he would have grown just a bit more he wouldn't have fit!

So all in all, size-wise, it didn't even last us a year. However, quality-wise, it held up very nicely. It looks great, easy to adjust once you get the hang of it.

carseat

Comments about Safety 1st OnBoard 35 Infant Car Seat:

this carseat is pretty good fit a bigger baby well. I don't like that the base is not adjustable. It is also a lot bigger than the seat I had before so doesn't fit in the car as well. It also isn't as easy to put together. I had a graco snugride before. I do like the hood better than the snugride. It stays up and covers him well.

without using the base it is hard to get a seat belt on it good

does have cute patterns

Poorly made seat

Comments about Safety 1st OnBoard 35 Infant Car Seat:

I received this car seat at my shower. Was super excited I di not have to buy one, but quickly got rid of it. It was hard to install. No matter what we did it always seemed like it was not installed properly, even when we brought it to a safety check to have the fire department install it. My son's head always flopped over, no matter what product we bought to help with his head support, trust me the support in this seat was non existent. It was a constant struggle to get it into the base and have it lock into place. Not much padding for baby. It was designed poorly. harness really dug into baby's neck, ans hw did not seem to fit in it properly. harness pads are a must. Even if you get this seat as a gift I would not recommend using it. overall poorly made seat.

Ease of Installation
Hard to install.

Child's Comfort
I think he seemed somewhat comfortable

Support and Safety
very little support, dis not seem safe or secure

hard to get baby in and out of the seat.

did not use it long enough to see how durable it was, but im assuming it was not very durable.

• Support and Safety:

Safety 1st Onboard 35 car seat works for me!

from Charleston, SC

Comments about Safety 1st OnBoard 35 Infant Car Seat:

I have a four and a half month old who is quite a big boy.  He already weighs 17 pounds, and he is 26.5 inches long.  His smaller car seat was just not working anymore.  So, we purchased the Safety 1st Onboard 35 Infant Car Seat in black.  Some of the best features of it are:

1. Rear-facing up 35 pounds and up to 32” in height
2. 17% more leg room than most infant car seats
3. Carry Curve™ Handle features ergonomic design
4. Base Belt Lock easily secures your vehicle seat belt during installation
I love that he will be able to use it rear-facing up to 35 pounds and 32 inches.  This should take him through until at least his first birthday, when we will probably need to buy him a forward facing car seat because of his size.

Although it will be quite heavy, I like that I will still be able to carry him in the seat into places like stores and restaurants, which you cannot do with a larger convertible car seat.

I would definitely recommend this seat, especially for those with big babies!

safety first onBoard infant carseats are the best!

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Safety 1st OnBoard 35 Infant Car Seat:

This safety first onBoard carseat is great! I bought it for my son and it's perfect. i wouldn'y buy a different one. It meets all the safety requirements and is very comfortable and cozzy for my son. It keeps him comfortable during car rides and a warm and safe place to take a nap while we're on the go.