Other Car Seats:

Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible Car Seat

Pros

Cons

• Support and Safety:

Money well spent on Safety 1st Complete Air car seat.

My husband and I recently purchased this Safety 1st convertible car seat.  After reading many reviews, I was set on a Britax.  My husband, however, was hesitant to spend the money on a car seat that our child was just going to grow out of.  We compromised and decided on this Safety 1st model.  While setting it up in our den, our baby kept crawling over to it and wanting to sit in it.  She absolutely loves it.  I really like that it is not an eyesore, and it appears to be very safe.  The harness is easy to adjust, which ultimately means that it is more likely to be used properly.  My baby's head does not flop to the side like it did in the infant seat, which gives me peace of mind.  It is a bit large for our vehicle (VW Passat), but not much more than the infant seat was, and we have it set up rear-facing.  Initial installation took about fifteen minutes, and it seems easy enough to move from car to car, now that we have the hang of it.  Overall, I feel really good about our purchase.

Just your average carseat

I have to admit that one of the main reasons I bought this car seat was because of how stylish I thought it looked. Now months later, I regret buying it for several reasons. First off, the seat sits pretty low, so my 20 month old can't see out the window, which makes for a pretty boring ride. Secondly, the idea of having the side "airbags" sounds like a good idea, but they stick out so far that it makes looking side-to-side difficult for my son because he has to stick his head out and around them just to see what's next to him. Another thing that I was really disappointed in was the poor fabric quality. The first time my son spilt milk on the seat, I took a wet washcloth and scrubbed the seat....not too crazily, but it was enough that it left the seat pilled...not a good sign when it was only the beginning of many more accidents sure to come our way. On the bright side, the buckles on the seat are really easy to use, unlike most other convertible car seats!

So in love!

Comments about Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible Car Seat:

This car seat is everything we hoped for! It looks even better in person than it did online.

By far, the best part is the air pockets near the head. We watched crash tests of different car seats online before we made a decision. This is the ONLY car seat that protected the baby's head to our liking. All car seats should be required to have the air pockets!

We purchased this about a month prior to writing this review. Our child is eleven months about approximately twenty three pounds. He fits in it comfortably on the lowest shoulder setting. It is easy to adjust to get the correct level of tightness. He does not look hunched over or squished at all. Plus, there is lots of room for him to grow! We purposely got a car seat with a higher weight limit, since our baby has been on the higher end of weights for his age. We want it to last him a long time, and keep him rear facing as long as possible.

Installation was easier than infant car seats with a base. Fits great in our small car too. We would definitely recommend! So happy with our purchase!

• Support and Safety:

Love this carseat. Sad to see that it's been discontinued.

Comments about Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible Car Seat:

When my baby was ready for a bigger, front facing carseat, I spent a lot of time researching and debating on which would be best for her. I really wanted something that would keep her safe, something that was not too bulky (because I knew we wanted to have another baby and wanted something that would leave enough room that we could have another car seat in the back of the car), and something that was not too pricy and something that would be very affordable. I absolutely love this Safety First Complete Air Car Seat. At first, I was a little hesistant to buy this because I was not familiar with the brand but the more research I did and the more I asked around, the more wonderful things I heard about this car seat. I love the "air bags" on the side that helps to give my baby more support and it's useful for her to prop her head to to take a nap too whenever we have long car rides. I am sad to hear that this Safety First Complete Air Car Seat has been discontinued because this is definitely a car seat that I would buy again and it is definitely a car seat that I would recommend to other parents.

Love this car seat!

Comments about Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible Car Seat:

We've had this car seat in purple for our daughter for about 2 years now and it has held up great! Thankfully we've never had to test it in a wreck but it feels so much sturdier than other convertible car seats I feel it would hold up very well. The little "blinders" by the baby's head really give me peace of mind in case of getting hit from the side. The only minor drawback is ours came with a cup holder that clipped on the side and we lost it right away. I haven't been able to find anywhere to order a new one. I wish it had been built in.

• Support and Safety:

Durable and safe car seat but not the easiest to clean

Comments about Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible Car Seat:

We have two of these car seats for our kids and bought them only to use as forward facing. They have been very durable and I've only noticed pilling on the fabric over the years but nothing major. They are very easy to install - and actually easier to do without a car latch system. Compared to other seats I've seen in stores and online I would say that this seat is probably not the most comfortable but it's also not the most expensive either and the two tend to go hand in hand. I did like the fact that this seat had the safety protectors near the head for extra protection and that was probably what sold me on the seat over others in the first place. One knock against the seat is that it's not very easy to clean. A lot of stuff gets in cracks and crevices and should you need to remove the fabric for a deep clean it takes quite a while to get everything removed and put back together when you're done.

• Support and Safety:

we owned two car seats prior to this one

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible Car Seat:

before I purchased this seat I bought two, yes two others. my son hated the first his infant seat so we bought a larger on the omega elite. he liked that for a while then started to resent being placed in his seat so we decicded it must be the seat. we purchased a orange version of this seat on the buy back deal at babies r us and loved it strait away and surpizingly so did the little guy he was one then. he is now four and still uses it and loves it. we have since had another child and bought this same seat for him, don't have to even mess around we knew he would love it and he does he is two and has never had issues with is seat. I have had people complain to me about the pillow type things by the head that kids cant see out the windows. silly,my kids see out the windows fine and plus that's added safety for there little heads and they are fine with them. I recommend these seats to anyone with a infant and toddler. I love it and so do they

• Support and Safety:

Great, comfortable car seat.

from Marysville, WA

Comments about Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible Car Seat:

We've had this car seat for my boys for about 2 years. We only bought one since we only needed one at the time, and they will both fight over it. It seems to be really comfortable. We go on long car rides a few times a year (about 4-7 hours) and the one in this seat is usually the first one to fall asleep. It's been a really good car seat.

Best car seat!

Comments about Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible Car Seat:

This is the best car seat someone could ever purchase ! It is not that heavy, easy to clean ( comes off the base) , has high safety reviews. I used it since my daughter was 8 months. It is very comfortable. She can rest her head on the air pillows and sleep good. The one minus about it is it would be hard to fit 3 car seats in the back seat if one of them would be this one. It is pretty wide. The air heads make me feel my daughter is safe in it.

• Support and Safety:

We have two with three cars. We like them.

Comments about Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible Car Seat:

We own two of these seats and swap them between three cars. Overall we are happy with this car seat. Our son is 21 months old and has been using it for about 9 months now. He is quite a beefy little dude, but seems to fit quite comfortably in the seat and enjoy his car rides.

Ease of Installation
This is probably the biggest drawback of the car seat. It is heavy for lugging around. When strapping it down, you have to really pull hard. We swap out quite often and I expected this to get easier, it really didn't. The only trick I found was making sure there was plenty of slack in the strap before pulling it down for tightening. It's almost like giving yourself a running start.

Child's Comfort
He seems quite comfy in the seat. We have a 2010 Nissan Maxima and his feet quickly reached the back of the front seat. If your car is smaller, it may be a tight fit. It fits great in our Toyota Highlander and In the back seat of our Dodge Ram Quad.

He can't easily see out of the side windows because of the AIR wings, but safety 1st.

Support and Safety
Have not been in an accident, but it seems very solid. When installed properly, this seat has no give in any of our cars.

Proper installation does take some practice and a lot of sweat...especially on hot, humid days.

Easy to buckle in to and out of. Tightening could be akward if you have wrist issues, but it's doable.

The cup holder is flimsy and unsecure, but it can be removed or change sides. Otherwise, the design is great. Good looking seat too.

Very solid. This isn't a light car seat. It's made to last.

Just your average carseat

from Bothell, WA

Comments about Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible Car Seat:

My son loves the Air Protect.

from Lawrenceville, GA

Comments about Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible Car Seat:

We bought this car seat when my son was about six months old because he was starting to reach the upper weight limits of his infant carrier.  We liked it so much that we went back to the store about two weeks later and bought another one for my husband's car.  I love almost everything about this car seat.  It is very stylish.  I love how it looks in my car; it flows seamlessly with the interior decor of my 300.  I have a large baby, and this car seat is very roomy and gives him plenty of space to grow.  The air pads near his head give me peace of mind that he would be as safe as possible in the event of a side impact crash.  I also love that I don't have to rethread the straps of the car seat as my son gets taller, I just have to adjust the back and he's ready to go.  The straps do seem to get twisted easily, which is annoying but easily fixed.  It does take up a little bit more room than I had hoped in the rear facing position, which made the front passenger seat a little uncomfortable.  However, we recently turned it forward facing an it takes up no more room than the back seat itself.  I would highly recommend this car seat to anyone who is looking for a safe, sturdy, stylish car seat that will last for the long haul.