3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

These locks work just fine at our house

These cabinet locks are doing the job for us so far. BUT, my son is only 11 months old. He is a very tall and very strong baby, so he is able to yank on stuff pretty hard when he wants. He does grab them locks and pull on them, but they're not easy to remove and he hasn't been able to break them. I like that the locks fit on a variety of size cabinets. We use them on kitchen cabinets with traditional loop-type handles, and we also have them on a set of dresser drawers that have large pulls (so the locks can't slip off sideways). Works great on both.

They are a little bit cumbersome to open for mom and dad--I can't really do it one handed. But that's kind of the point of cabinet locks, isn't it? Of course, once my son is larger and more clever, I don't know whether these locks will hold up. But certainly for a smaller child, one who's not so aggressive, or for an out of the way cabinet these locks do the job at a very reasonable price.

Worth it if you can't afford to drill holes for a better latch

These do get the job done. They are not pretty to look at, and are not the easiest to use however! We went from using the one finger latch screwed inside the cupboard to these because we are temporarily taking care of and living in my mom's old house util she sells it, so we cannot put anything permanent anywhere. For that reason, and that reason alone, these are great! On the other hand, I can not for the life of me undo these or do them back up one handed. They get stuck pretty easy or turn at a weird angle that where you need to turn and realign the latch while holding the "U" shaped design still. I also don't enjoy looking at them on my cupboards. The only other positive thing I can gather from them is that my daughter sees that it is babyproofed and doesn't bother trying where as the hidden ones she would reef on the cupboard for a minte before giving up and depending on her mood, break down in a temper tantrum. Atleast this way is straight forward and honest with her. Overrall, they get the job done, but aren't the easiest to use. If you have the option to put holes in your cupboards for the one handed latch, do it! It's worth it!

Keeps our son out of cabinets

Comments about Safety 1st Cabinet Slide Locks:

These cabinet locks work great. They are very easy to use and take seconds to install. Our son will bang on the cabinet drawers to try to get in, but they haven't broken and he hasn't figured out how to unlock them. They aren't the most attractive item to put on your cabinets, but that is true of most baby proofing items. His safety is more important than the look of our cabinets. They would probably blend in more with white cabinets though.

I have these on several kitchen cabinets and other doors throughout the house. My son is 20 months old and hasn't figured out how to break through these locks yet.

This is one of the simplest baby proofing items out there. There is no needs for tools and they take seconds to install. You slide them through the cabinet handles and push back the lock.

Safety
Our son has not figured out how to get past these locks yet. They keep him out of cabinets that would be dangerous and keep him from trying to climb up the shelves in cabinets.

These seem very durable. I've had them installed for 9-10 months now and had not had any break. I have had other safety items break in that time, but these have held up.

• Safety:

Work pretty well if your cabinet knobs aren't small.

Comments about Safety 1st Cabinet Slide Locks:

These were given to us as a gift. We use them on the bathroom cabinet (no cleaners under there) and we also keep the door to the bathroom closed. We use these mainly in case our one and a half year old is in the bathroom with us...to deter her from going through the cabinets. I don't that these can be completely trusted. The magnetic locks are 100% trustworthy so we use those for cabinets with cleaners etc in them.

Depends on the type of handles/knobs you have on your cabinets. We have fairly small knobs (about 3/4 inch to 1 inch in diameter) and our one and a half year old can pull this off of them without having to loosen the gadget.

Fairly easy to use. They can be a pain to open and close. You don't want to use these on cabinets that you use often.

Safety
I don't know that there are any safety risks with these.

They feel pretty flimsy and I think the "teeth" on ours are getting worn down and not holding as well.

Easy to install

Comments about Safety 1st Cabinet Slide Locks:

I use these on my entertainment center doors to keep my son out.

Installation couldn't be any easier. It only takes a couple of seconds to put these on. I also think that they are super easy for adults to get off. I think that it took a little getting used to at first. But I have always been able to get them off.

I do wish that they were a little more pleasing to look at. I think that they are taking steps into improving them a little though in that department. I just recently saw that they are available in black as well as the white. I remember when I bought mine I was only able to find them in the white.

My son is able to get these off of our doors sometimes. I do not feel that it is a fault with the product though. The shape/design of our doors and the knobs on them make it hard for these to sit flush and to get really tight. He can occasionally just slip the whole item off over the door knobs. He has never been able to slide the slide off of the lock though.

Comments about Safety 1st Cabinet Slide Locks:

These locks are pretty decent, if you also want to be locked out of your cabinet of course. These are sometimes difficult to use, but they do their job. My son can't open these to save his life (but neither can I). I do feel as if they are safe, and durable though. Worth the money.

• Safety:

These locks are not great for keeping kids out of anything!

Comments about Safety 1st Cabinet Slide Locks:

I have used these and locked up my entire house. I thought these were suppose to make it safe and keep the children out of things you did not want them in but they did not. If anything it made my son more interested in the cabinets I tried to lock up. My son is only 10 months old and has been able to undo these locks for the past 3-4 months. I do not think that helps ease my mind at all. It was a waste of money. I can even pull these locks off without unclipping them the least bit. They slide off very easily. When considering your child's safety I would suggest a different cabinet locks. My son can pull the cabinets out and slide his fingers in the cabinet even when it is locked on the lowest notch.

They do not work at all!

They are easy to install just press the sides and they click.

Safety
I do not think they are safe at all. Just one tug at them and even a baby can unlock them!

They are not very durable, they are flimsy, and very cheaply made.

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Safety 1st Cabinet Slide Locks:

The Safety 1st Cabinet Slide Locks are a very inexpensive safety product. These locks are very easy to use, and they are easy to install. The locks just slide up and down the grips to allow them to slip on and off the cabinet pulls. They work well at keeping young toddlers out of cabinets, and unlock the in-cabinet cabinet locks (the ones that are screwed into the inside of the cabinet and latch together) they do not have the gap which allows small fingers to still get inside cabinets. Once the toddler gets strong enough or determined enough, these slide locks can be broken without too much force...but that is the case with just about all safety items. If your cabinet pulls do not allow for enough space for the slide locks to lay flat against the cabinet, you will not be able to get the lock tight enough to lock the cabinet. If the lock is not tight enough, the child will be able to maneuver them off the cabinet pulls.

Does the Job...Cheap

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Safety 1st Cabinet Slide Locks:

This isn't the most attractive safety item I have put up, but it works well.  I use it to keep our entertainment stand closed.  It attracts the attention of my 1 year old and he will mess with it, but he has not been successful in opening the doors to date.  It appears strong enough to do the job.

Installation could not be easier.  As most childproofing projects require hardware and headaches, this simply attaches to the two knobs and you slide the lock tight.

The best part about this item is that its really inexpensive.  This attracted me to it in the first place.  I have recommended this item to friends and would purchase again to hold cabinet doors with knobs together.

It comes in various sized packages so I went with the 3 pack.  I have heard of these eventually breaking, but for the price, I don't mind popping another one onto the doors of my cabinets.  This also will not allow your child to crack open the doors, which is important as they can easily pinch fingers.

These locks work just fine at our house

from Evanston, IL

Worth it if you can't afford to drill holes for a better latch

from Riverton, WY

Love these!

from Pinellas Park, FL

Comments about Safety 1st Cabinet Slide Locks:

While they are not the prettiest thing to look at, they work fabulously. My daughter is almost 5 now and she still cannot get these things off the cabinet, which is wonderful because lets face it, there are just some things that your kids do not need to get their hands into. We still have them on the cabinets because my sister has a 1 year old and he is always over and he is a cabinet magnet. I was surprised to read other reviews about them breaking because I have never experienced this. We still have the original set we had from over 5 years ago, they've been abused and tugged and pulled on by my niece, my daughters, my nephew, and all their friends and even some of us adults and they have lasted through all the abuse. My nephew even pulls on the cabinets repeatedly while they are on there and they withstand that. The best part of this product, other than their durability and effectiveness, is the price.