2.3

2.3

Pros

Cons

Jumping for Joy for SOYJOY Bars

**SOYJOY Bars**I have Celiac Disease, which prevents me from eating foods with gluten and wheat in it. I found a great deal on the **SOYJOY Bars** at Rite-Aid a few weeks ago. I purchased a few of these bars to see how I liked them. They are yummy and the best snack bar I've tried that is Gluten-Free. Rite-Aid is having another sale on the **SOYJOY Bars** in a few weeks. I will definitely be purchasing more of them.

Each **SOYJOY Bar** is baked with whole soy and real dried fruit. It is an all-natural snack bar. There are NO Artificial Colors or Flavors, Trans Fats, Hydrogenated Oils or Gluten in these bars. Each bar has between 130-140 calories, contains four grams of protein, and three grams of fiber. There are six flavors to choose from such as the Apple Walnut, Berry, Mango Coconut, Peanut Chocolate Chip, Raisin Almond, and Strawberry. I have tried all the flavors except the Peanut Chocolate Chip bar. This must be a popular flavor because Rite-Aid is always out of them. My favorite **SOYJOY Bar** is the Strawberry flavor. I like the texture of the bar. The **SOYJOY Bars** are easy to bite into and chew. It has a real good flavor to it. These bars are more chewy than crunchy. There is no coating or frosting on the bar. I've had a few bits of fruit to stick to my teeth, but that happens with any kind of fruit bar. The **SOYJOY Bar** measures approximately 4" x ¾".

I would recommend the **SOYJOY Bars **to anyone looking for a Gluten-Free, healthy, and all natural snack bar. These bars do cost a little more than other brands. However, they have been on sale lately at Rite-Aid. I only purchase them if I have a coupon or they are on sale. I give it ***4 Stars***!

*Thank you for reading. If you would like to read more of my reviews, please click [here][1] ![Krista Lynn][2] *

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/aboutme/krislynn/profile_reviews
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/aboutme/krislynn

The joy of this soy is just an ad ploy. Yuck!

***Quick View:*** I am a big fan of nutritional, meal replacement, energy, and fiber bars so I expected to be a big fan of **SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit**. They're all natural and look great. In the package. It all went downhill when I opened the bar YUCK!***My Experience with SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit***I have only tried the Strawberry flavor so know that the other flavors: Berry, Mango Coconut, Raisin Almond, Apple, and Peanut Chocolate Chip may taste better. Even if they do, I won't eat them because there isn't enough of anything good for me in them.These bars come in a foil package and weigh in at a an ounce each. They're long and thin, similar to one stick of a Kit Kat in size but the similarities end there. The bar looks like a gray/brown slat of mud but there are some berries peeking through.The texture is hard with very little moisture. The taste is...YUCK! I am VERY easy going when it comes to these types of bars but** SoyJoy** seems to be missing flavor. I kept waiting for the flavor to break through and all I got was a very mildly sweet mouthful of...stuff. I couldn't even tell you what the bar tasted like. The bars are small and not filling. They leave me needing water to wash down the dryness and the yuck taste. I am quite disappointed in these bars because I know soy is good for me and I only paid 50 cents for the bars (I bought five Strawberry ones) and that's a great price for a typical natural bar.Nutritionally, there isn't much to these bars. The Strawberry flavor has **150 calories** and **5 grams of fat, 2.5 of which are saturated**. There are **17 grams of carbs, 11 grams of sugars, 3 grams of fiber, and 4 of protein**. They also have some cholesterol and sodium in them. They have no vitamins to speak of.So, we're talking 150 calories and 5 grams of fat for a tiny bar that doesn't taste good and doesn't provide good nutrition. The fiber level is ehh and the protein level is low. The bar is made with natural ingredients but other natural bars only have three or four ingredients. This bar has more than 20 although none are "bad" except the coconut which adds to the "bad fat" content and which I can't taste AT ALL. This bar has minimal sugar but is sweetened with Maltodextrin and dextrose. Most natural bars have no sugar or sugar derivatives at all in them. (Check out [LaraBars][1] . They have THREE ingredients in them.).I just don't get the appeal of these bars. It isn't the soy because I eat plenty of soy in other bars. Honestly, this bar is one of the few I have tried that I simply cannot bring myself to eat again. I have four left. Even my dog won't touch them and he eats EVERYTHING!***My Viewpoint***The concept of soy bars with real fruit is appealing and I'm sure there are many bars out there that really ARE appealing **SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit **are not appearling to me. I find them to be dry, tasteless, and bland. They have 7% of the cholesterol a person should have for the day and I sure don't need that! In all, there simply isn't enough flavor, nutrition, or positive things to keep me eating these bars. ***2 stars***. Ick.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/LaraBar-Cherry-Pie-Organic-Bars-review-434c5

There are better alternatives.

Comments about SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit:

If you don't want a traditional protein or snack bar, there are many alternatives on the market that offer the nutrients you need, while also being equally appetizing. SOYJOY unfortunately is just not one of those alternative snack bars. The bars are very hard, and while I usually like chewy snack bars, these were more stiff than chewy. There also weren't many dried fruit pieces in them and they were actually really thin. There wasn't much taste in these bars and I thought they were overpriced for the quality.

Not very appetizing.

Comments about SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit:

I bought these because they were on sale and sounded like a healthy snack. They are very dry and have the texture of fruit cake. I had bought several and did not want them to go to waste so I ate them. After a while, I acquired a taste for them. They are not terrible tasting, but just not very appetizing. They are what I think of when I hear someone say a snack is "healthy". The snack bars are also kind of small. They are not shaped like normal snack bars. They are more of a long square tube...about half of the size of a normal snack bar. So if a normal snack bar fills you up, you'll most likely need to eat two of these. I tried different flavors of these. All the flavors were equally appetizing. I don't remember feeling any better after eating these for a while. They didn't seem to make me feel any healthier other than the taste. There are a lot of other healthy snack bars out there that are a lot more appetizing.

There are way better health bars

Comments about SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit:

I really enjoy eating health snack type bars so I expected that I might like soy joy, but I definitely think you have much better options from other brands. Soy joy is pretty bland in flavor and the texture is weird. I wouldn't even really bother trying this.

Not as Bad as You Think

from Fullerton, CA

Comments about SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit:

Whoa - totally surprised that so many people seem to really dislike SOYJOY - you would think Kashi would get more negative reviews? Seriously, these bars are not bad at all, and if you want a candy bar or something similar, it's really just better to get one.

First, these taste nothing like a Fig Newton, which are not those delicious little pockets of joy they used to be. SOYJOY is a bit more substantial, slender, and filled with a pleasing amount of dried fruit, but most of the bar IS made up of a moist soy meal. If you don't like the taste of soy, or want something with a lot of complicated ingredients that hike up the fat and calories (chocolate! yogurt drizzle! almonds! cherries!), avoid. These are relatively low-calorie, low-fat, but high protein and high fiber. **They're simple.** And that's what I like about them. I don't have to fight with some greasy white plaster that's supposed to be yogurt (um...when was yogurt hard and not chilled...?), a bunch of stale, tasteless nuts whose oils were zapped out to eliminate the fat, cheap chocolate, or some strange little colored bits passing as fruit. I prefer the blueberry flavored bars to the strawberries - the berry was a bit moister and reminded me of a fresh cobbler or pie, but without some gunky, nasty crust to take away from the flavor of the berries. I like the baked flavor of the soy, and you really don't even half to eat the whole thing at one time; I have a tendency to nibble off one because they're quite filling for such a small little thing.

These are most certainly not decadent, and people who are used to eating larger bars like the ones made by **Luna** or **Kashi** will probably be disappointed in these. However, if you just want something simple, low-calorie (most range from 180 - 160), and that tastes like it was just freshly made, please try these. They're not for everyone, but I really love them.

Not what I was expecting

from Westford, MA

Comments about SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit:

I am a health food nut and love to try new products. I am also a nursing mom who needs to eat all day long. I'm busy and I look for easy food to grab while trying to make every calorie count. I have tried all of the flavors and only liked the raisin and berry flavors. My son thought they were awful. They definitely have run a good campaign getting the product out there through free samples and good coupons. I don't love them enough the buy unless I have a good coupon for them. Even then, they are hard to find. They also are a very small portion with higher fat and calories than I would like for such a small snack.

dry with a sour taste

from Nanticoke, PA

Comments about SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit:

I like healthy bars. I also like trying new foods out. When I saw and add on soy joy website to try a free bar I signed up. My soy joy bar soon came in the mail. After trying it I am so glad it was free. It was very dry with a sour bite to it. I could not finish the whole bar.

didn t like it

from Dublin, OH

Comments about SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit:

I  got a sample of these in the mail, no one in my  house like it. They are gross! It didnt taste like fruit, I am 100 % for healthy snack baut this one doesn t taste good at all, I don't recommend this product, it isnt pleasant, I just tried the chocolate one may be the other flavors wil taste mmuch better !!!

If it was the last food on earth - I would choose to starve.

from Haslet, TX

Comments about SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit:

I'm all for trendy healthy snacks... However out of shape I am, I still enjoy enjoy the delusion that cute healthy snacks will kill my sweet, fattening chocolate cravings. So when I saw SoyJoy on the shelf, I thought to myself - "This could be it!" .... Unfortunately, I was horrendously mistaken. My mouth was screaming "Oh my god, what have I done to deserve this!" All kidding aside though, I would NOT reccomend SoyJoy bars to anyone... Not even as payback. They aren't really too low on fat or calories. You're better off eating a piece of fruit with a glass of soymilk. If you enjoy the idea of convenience, however, I would highly recommend APEX Breakfast squares. They do have one more gram of fat and about 70 more calories, but are large enough to be split into two servings.

Its alright.

from Dearborn, MI

Comments about SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit:

i thought that soyjoy was alright. i mean there too chewy but not in a good way. I also think that they should be a little cheaper . Some of them taste really bitter. Maybe if they had different flavors and were a little softer i would reccomond them.

I dont recommend this!

from Newaygo, MI

Comments about SOYJOY - Soy Snack Bars with Dried Fruit:

I got a sample of these in the mail, I wish i hadnt. They are gross! Granted i only took one bite, but i dont think that would have made a difference. It didnt taste like fruit, I'm not really sure what it tasted like. I don't recommend this product, it isnt pleasant.