4.1
iPod Speakers
SDI

4.1

best sounding alarm clock ever

I received this ipod docking station as a gift for my birthday.  It was really easy to set up and get working.  I was a little worried because I have the 4g ipod touch and the box doesn’t say that it is compatible and I was worried that it wouldn’t charge it, but it does.  That pleased me a lot!

The sound on this is really great.  I have the klipsch version of the bose system downstairs at my house, and while it doesn’t compare to that, it is amazing considering it is coming from an alarm clock.  I was worried that the alarm clock feature was going to be rough to get the hang of because there are so many buttons (and I’m not at my best when I actually use the alarm clock part of this) and I don’t like to read directions, but I seem to be doing just fine!

At first, I really liked the fact that you can just choose your own time zone and the time was set.  However, I realized that I live in Arizona where we don’t observe daylight savings time, so I will have to adjust my time zone twice a year.  That won’t be an issue for the rest of the country, though, and I could probably figure out a way to bypass it if I read the directions.

Other than that I am really happy with the sound and convenience of this!  I would definitely recommend it.

A great buy.....at first

I have had an iPod for about four years and since these docking stations have been coming out, I have wanted one.  I received the SDI iHome Battery Charger, Docking Station, Speaker System, Clock Radio for iPod as a gift for my birthday.  I was so excited to begin using it.  It is very easy to set up and you can even listen to the radio on it.  There is a remote included with it, but it is very small and does not work very well from a fairly small distance.  At first, I loved this product.  I loved using the alarm on it and waking up for class listening to one of the favorite songs.  After a few months, I noticed that the alarm was not working as well.  Some mornings it would not go off at all and I would wake up late for class.  After a while, the alarm function stopped working completely.  Also, it was harder to listen to music.  I would dock the iPod and click the button but it would not automatically start.  I would have to mess around with it for a few minutes, taking it out and putting it back in, and pushing the buttons in different sequences.  Eventually, the music would start playing.  This only lasted for a few months before it stopped working completely.  In just a few months, the iHome stopped working completely.

Who doesn't like waking up to a personalized alarm!?!

from Tempe, AZ

Comments about SDI - iHome Battery Charger, Docking Station, Speaker System, Clock Radio for iPod (IH5B):

After purchasing thise iHome radio alarm clock, i have been even more satisfied with the use of my ipod.  Now i can wake up to music i want to or go to sleep while listening to a water fall track that i purchased on itunes.  What's not to love about this item>?  Only draw back is that is not very travel friendly  but then again, who takes their own alarm clocks with when traveling?

Good, but could be better

from Kansas City, MO

The iHB5 iHome radio is a fairly decent iPod docking system.  The radio works very well and comes with an antenna to use for better reception. You can set about 8-10 radio stations on the iHome.  Both AM and FM stations work fairly well on the iHome.

Another nice feature of the iHB5 iHome is that you can plug in a portable CD player.  It would be very nice if the system had a CD player in it already, but the ability to plug in a CD player is nice to have.

My only problem with the system is that the alarm does not always work well.  The two options are iPod or radio, but no buzzer.  Also, the alarm does not always go off at the set time.  This may just be an issue with my system, but it would help if the alarm was better.

Awsome

from Wonder Lake, IL

Pros

Cons

The ihome is trully a good sound system and charger for what you pay for. The sound quality is good. It charges up an ipod farelly quickly. The speakers can also be adjusted to play music loudly so thats a good thing. The design is nice the black color also makes it look sharp and nice. I recommend this to everyone who owns an ipod.

A must have for iPod users!

from La Mirada, CA

I got one of these for my husband and we both love it. iHome is great at creating innovative electronics that do not take up much space. This is no exception. I love that we can stick the speakers in the corner, out of the way, and yet the sound quality remains crystal clear. It is especially helpful that the iHome dock can charge your iPod while it is playing. We got rid of a different pair of speakers because they did not charge the iPod and instead ran down the battery. The display on the front is nice and clear. It is also nice to be able to wake up to whatever song you choose. This speaker set is really light to move and pick up. But it makes me wonder if that means it is less durable. I guess time will tell. Having a radio station built in is another added perk. It's hard to find a quality speaker set that charges your iPod, takes up little space, tells the time AND has a radio. This is a great combination of all those things!

best sounding alarm clock ever

from Mesa, AZ

Great option to play Ipod

from Maumee, OH

I really enjoy the Ihome and have owned two of them over my years of owning an Ipod. The sound quality is really good, and it is a much more convenient way to charge my Ipod then having to plug it in to my computer. The radio also works exceptionally well and I like that there are numerous program stations available. I like that I can program the alarm to play my Ipod so that I can wake up to whatever song I want to instead of having to worry about what is on the radio. Although, I do find the alarm confusing to program at times (instead of just programing an alarm you have to select 2, 5, or 7 days a week and unfortunately sometimes I would set the alarm and forget to change the day setting). One setting that seems minor, and that I never would have thought to look for is a dimmer. When I go to bed at night it is nice to be able to dim the display so that it doesn't keep me up at night. The biggest negative with this product I have is that it has to be plugged in. Sometimes I wish that it had batteries in it and then it could be portable.

Great as my desktop radio player. Very versatile!

from Columbia, MD

The iHome Docking Station, Speaker System, Clock Radio works well on my desktop. It has surprising sound for the size and price of the unit. The iHome Docking Station is also very versatile in the way you can interchange the docking faceplates for various models of iPods.  The alarm is also great for getting up in the morning to your song/band of choice. I use the iHome as computer speakers when I'm watching something on my laptop because the laptop has a very low volume output!  Great for a college dorm, private office, or bedside.  Good sound quality and portability for the price.

A nice iPod companion

from The Colony, TX

I like my iHome, I use it a lot when I'm cleaning my room and want a little music to go with it. I like the fact that it's so straight forward and all I have to do is plug in my iPod, hit the button that says iPod, and just turn up the volume. It charges my device too, which I like because I don't have to leave my computer on overnight or sit it lying on the carpet and risk stepping on it.

It also allows me to listen to my local radio, has an alarm, and I can hook up any other device that I have with just a line-in cable. Changing between daylight savings is easy too by just hitting the button on the back which automatically turns it one hour back and forth, takes the hassle from moving the clock too fast or too slow.

The only negative part is that it doesn't support my iPhone and I have to stick a CD case behind my iPod when using it because it's gotten old and the thing where it's supposed to sit has gotten bent over the years.

Good until it died after 1 year

from Wesley Chapel, FL

I bought this so we could have a clock in our room and I could have somwhere to charge my ipod. We were certainly not rough on this machine at all. In fact, only myself and my husband ever touched it. But, it broke after about one year of owning it. First of all, it stopped laying and charging the Ipod. The connections still looked fine, but there was no way to get the thing to play or to charge the IPod. At this point, the closk still worked, so we kept it anyway as an alarm clock. But, then a button for the alrm simply fell off one day, so it was hard to shut off the alarm. Then, another button fell off. I cannot understand this at all because it has not been moved off of the bureau and it is not like we hit or something. So, overall I am quite disappointed with this item and have passed the year mark so the warranty is up on the product. It definitely was not worth the money. And, it should have lasted much longer than it did.

Must have for your iPod!

from O Fallon, MO

This is a great accessory for your iPod! It works as an alarm clock, radio and you can plug your iPod in it. It receives great sound and is clear. When you set your alarm, you can choose to wake to the beeping sound, the radio or your iPod. It has a snooze feature as well. Definitely just a great asset to the iPod. There are many docking stations out there but don't be fooled. I'd definitely always go with the iHome brand. With the iHome brand, you know you are getting a quality product. It may be a bit more than other brands but it is definitely worth it.