Other Mouthwashes:
Mouthwash
Scope

Cons

Scope kills germs that cause bad breath & it "Outlasts" the rest

I am a product junkie, and readily admit it. Even when I really like one particular brand of a certain product, if I happen to see something new in the same product but it's a different brand, I am compelled to give it a try. Such was the case with **Scope Outlast Mouthwash Long Lasting Mint**.

I saw an advertisement on television for this new and improved Scope, and even though my family normally uses Listerine, I knew I would by a bottle of the new Scope as soon as I saw it. As silly as it sounds, it was the shape of the bottle of the new Scope that first caught my eye...that proves that a product's packaging really does matter! Well, the bottle's shape may have drawn my attention to **Scope Outlast Mouthwash Long Lasting Mint**, but it's quality is what has made me buy the second and third bottles of it.

**Scope Outlast Mouthwash Long Lasting Mint** has *"Outlast Technology"* that *"kills millions of bad breath germs and keeps your breath feeling fresh up to five times longer than brushing alone."* That's how the manufacturer describes it, and I have used it, and I believe it.

This mouthwash has a very nice minty taste that doesn't feel hot or burn my mouth, nor does it taste like medicine! However, it does keep my mouth and breath fresh and clean for as long as any nasty tasting Listerine that I have used! I don't think I will return to using Listerine unless they come up with a mouthwash that works as well as **Scope Outlast Mouthwash Long Lasting Mint** without that hot, medicine like taste that Listerine has. Rinsing and gargling with this new Scope is actually pleasant instead of something I do because it needs to be done!

**Ingredients**:
*Water, Alcohol, Glycerin, Flavor, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Saccharin, Sodium Benzoate, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Benzoic Acid , Blue 1, and Yellow 5.*

I like the flavor of **Scope Outlast Mouthwash Long Lasting Mint**, the fact that it kills *"millions of bad breath germs"*, the way the new bottle looks, and the way this mouthwash makes my mouth and breath feel fresh and clean.

I an impressed with this new Scope Mouthwash and I recommend it.

Average, not extra lasting. Definitely not worth extra money.

I hoped from watching the commercials that Scope Outlast was going to be a super-long lasting mouthwash, like freshening for hours.  I envisioned using it after breakfast and still being able to have minty fresh breath all the way till lunchtime.  I was excited to recieve  a sample of it from their website, since I was considering paying to buy a bottle to try it. As  it turns out, I'm glad I didn't have to pay to try it.  It really fell short of my expectations.  It didn't last a bit longer than my regular mouthwash.

It worked fine as a mouthwash.  My mouth felt fresh and clean after using it.  However, that's all it was.  It was just average.  It was no better than my usual mouthwash, a store brand version of Listerine blue mint.  It was no better than plain old everyday Scope brand mouthwash, either.  If I were to have tested it blindly, I would never have guessed it was a fancy new extra long lasting variety.  I would have guessed just plain Scope.

It tasted like regular Scope, minty with a hint of mediciney.  It wasn't extra intensely flavored like I thought it might be.  It wasn't any harsher or more alcoholy either,though.  In the bottle,it had the exact same bright green color and artificial minty chemical smell.

It didn't feel as harsh as Listerine type mouthwashes.  It didn't have the alchohol type burning or in general chemical sensation.  I like the intense feel, like it's really working, like it's doing some germ killing, not like you're just swishing your mouth with a liquid mint candy.  But for people with sensitive mouths, the gentleness could be a plus.

I wouldn't spend any extra to buy this product.  If you like the taste and performance of regular Scope, I recommend buying regular scope (or even a good knock-off store brand Scope type).  You'll get the same results.

It's pretty decent

from Dallas,TX

About Me Everyday User

Pros

• Freshens Breath
  • Refreshing
  • Tastes Good

Cons

• Not Effective

• Antiseptic
  • Everyday
  • Mouth And Gum Care

Comments about Scope Outlast Mouthwash:

I'm more of Listerine user, but found this one on dale. I used to use Scope in the past and it was pretty good. This Scope Outlast isn't as strong as Listerine though. Sure, it freshens your breath and it doesn't burn or sting. My kids can actually use it as well, unlike with Listerine. Although it does freshen your breath and leaves mouth feeling clean, I don't feel it's very effective. It doesn't leave my mouth feeling fresh for too long. It's not as strong as I prefer either. Pricewise, it's pretty decent.

Great mouthwash, but slight side effect

from Purcellville, VA

About Me Everyday User

Pros

• Effective
  • Freshens Breath
  • Long Lasting
  • Refreshing
  • Tastes Good

• Everyday

Comments about Scope Outlast Mouthwash:

Overall good product, but leaves weird green stuff stuck in braces after use and it gets very aggrivating after a while. I don't know if its something with just braces but its kinda gross.

Comments about Scope Outlast Mouthwash:

I love, love this mouthwash. I prefer the green mint one flavor, but also have tried the blue flavored peppermint one. It does exactly what it says on the bottle. Outlast. A few hours after you have used this product your breath still smells fresh and has a clean sensation to it. I have been using this product for about a year now and I would not switch to another mouthwash. I love finding coupons because it is a little more expensive than your original bottle of Scope. If you have not tried this product before, find yourself a coupon and try it. I do not think you will be disappointed at all. I felt the peppermint was a little to hot for the kids. They also prefer the green mint one. The green one is not as hot in their mouths they claim. I feel it is killing those bad germs in your mouth and on your breath when you can feel the tingling sensation. Just breath in and you will feel a cleaning sensation like you just had your teeth cleaned at the dentist. You will have the freshest breath for hours. You can find this product in any supermarket or drug store. It always comes in little trial sizes so you can take it with you on vacation.

Scope outlast is the best!

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Scope Outlast Mouthwash:

I used to use Listerine but not anymore. Scope Outlast really does last, keeps breath fresh alot longer than other mouthwashes. It costs no more than any of the others and works better. It has a great minty taste not medicine. Everyone should try it you will not be sorry.

Arguably the best mouthwash

from Ogden, IA

Comments about Scope Outlast Mouthwash:

This is going to sound really cliche but before trying Scope Outlast mouthwash, I pretty much thought that all mouthwash was created equally. However, since purchasing Scope Outlast, I'll likely never be as taken with a mouthwash again. Okay, in all seriousness, obviously there's no glitz and glamour here, it's a simple mouthwash. It kills the bacteria in your mouth and gives you fresh breath, which is what just about any other mouthwash will do. Scope Outlast is made by a popular brand I knew I could trust, so that's a plus. What sets it apart from other brands of mouthwash, you say? Well, for starters, the taste isn't overwhelming/over-powering, in fact it tastes rather pleasant. I would almost describe it as a cross between mint and cinnamon. And it doesn't burn but it leaves your mouth feeling remarkably clean. In my humble opinion, these are qualities of mouthwash that are rather tough to come by. Most mouth wash burns, has a horrible taste, and aside from burning, doesn't leave your mouth feeling nearly as clean.

Scope Outlast mouthwash leaves a clean fresh mouth

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Scope Outlast Mouthwash:

When it comes to mouthwashes, I have tried several different brands and types. With the Scope Outlast mouthwash, I was very impressed with it. I really think that it does outlast the competition when it comes to leaving my mouth feeling fresh and my breath smelling great for a long period of time. The tingling sensation with this mouthwash is pretty intense, but that is how I know it is really doing its job and cleaning my teeth and gums well. Mouthwash is great especially if you are prone to getting build up of tartar and plaque on your teeth. The Scope Outlast has done a great job of keeping that at bay for me. I also think it is pretty reasonably priced, and a lot of times you can find store deals and good coupons to make the cost even less. I would definitely recommend anyone to try the Scope Outlast line of mouthwashes. The spearmint flavor is great and really packs a punch in the freshness aspect.

Freshness really does last

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Scope Outlast Mouthwash:

Scope Outlast mouthwash is my favorite mouthwash. Not only does it kill germs but it also really does last a long time just like the name suggests. The mint flavors are awesome too. It is not the most budget friendly, but is often on sale or I can find coupons for a discount. This mouthwash is very tingly when I use it and the mint flavor is stronger than other mouthwashes that I have used. On the downside, it does seem to stain your teeth some. I usually use the mouthwash first, then brush my teeth to help reduce staining. Kind of backwards, but it works. This is a very strong mouthwash, it almost seems concentrated, and it definitely does keep your mouth fresh all day. My mouth actually feels fresh even after lunch which to me is amazing. I do wish it came in more flavors and or that it came in a clear formula because maybe then it wouldn’t stain my teeth and I could use it after I brush.

I like this mouthwash, it keeps breath fresh longer

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Scope Outlast Mouthwash:

I have been using Scope mouthwash, various flavors and the classic one, from the very first time I started to use mouthwash. But for the last few times I am buying the Scope Outlast Mouthwash and I really like it. You have to take only 20 ml (about 2/3 capful) of the Scope mouthwash and rinse or gargle for 30 seconds with it. When we travel I carry the travel size mouthwash in my bag always to avoid bad breath after eating.
    The child proof cap is a peace of mind if you have a kid at home. It is not recommended to use the mouthwash on kids below six years of age.
    I like the fresh minty flavor in it. I have tried some Colgate mouthwash also but I like the Scope far better. It is actually long lasting than the Colgate one I used. If at night I don’t feel like brushing my teeth I just use the mouthwash. My breath does not stink the next morning as much as it would if I did not brush or use the mouthwash.
    One problem I have using the mouthwash is after eating something very hot and spicy and I mean literally hot, like 2 habanero peppers in a dish kind of hot. After having that kind of food my mouth burns very much if I use the mouthwash just after having the food, I just give it some time before rinsing with the mouthwash.

Name that is trusted

Comments about Scope Outlast Mouthwash:

I love shopping for products that have stood the test of time and won out of all the competition. Scope Outlast has done that. I have been using this product ever since I was able to brush my teeth. It leaves a nice minty smell in your mouth. It kicks bad bacteria's butt. This product goes to show that old product names are still trusted,

A solid mouthwash

Comments about Scope Outlast Mouthwash:

My boyfriend picked this mouthwash up on accident when I sent him to do the shopping and since we already had it and I didn't want it to go to waste, we went ahead and used it. I was pleasantly surprised with Scope Outlast, much more so than I thought I'd be.

I like the design of the bottle, even thought I feel like you end up paying more for less mouthwash since its not a big full bottle like the Listerine brand. The flavor was interesting, it had a lighter mint flavor than I was anticipating but it wasn't unpleasant. The burning sensation you get with most mouthwashes was still there but it didn't seem quite as intense. However, I've begun to associate that burn with a really clean mouth, so I think unconsciously I thought it wasn't working as well. Ultimately, when using the product at night, I usually woke up with fresh breath in the morning so it definitely gets the job done. It's a good product that does last quite a while, even if it doesn't outlast Listerine.