3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Plan your trip and work your plan...

When you plan your trips to Sam's Club, you can definitely save yourself a lot of money.  Our family buys very few processed items which abound at Sam's Club.  After an initial run through of the store to get an idea of the layout and general pricing, set up your shopping list to reflect the areas you'll find the items you need, and this will save time and impulse buying tendancies as your shopping trip can quickly get out of hand otherwise.

My family really enjoys the fresh produce which generally a better deal than our grocery stores.  Also, the produce is fresh and ready to eat.  Often times we can find a three pack of iceburg or a six pack of romain lettuce that costs nearly the same as a single head or three pack, respectively, in the local grocery stores.

One of the down sides of the produce is that there isn't more organic food selection.  However, our Sam's has been slowly expanding this area.  Right now there are special purchases which are sometimes available, and on a regular basis they carry tubs of organic spinach, mixed greens, and romain lettuce as well as pesticide-free hydroponic tomatoes and often times organic carrots.

When we buy meat at Sam's we've found that it is very fresh.  In fact, there is a window so that customers can actually see the beef being cut and packaged - at least as far as the beef is concerned.  We like the Sam's brand, Member's Mark, of the chicken breasts and tenders.  They are both very competitively priced.

The club is a clean, well-lit environment with a great selection of many different food products and paper goods for both home and office which, if chosen with your family's needs in mind, can save you hundreds on your food and paper products yearly.

Click and Pull Good Idea but Needs Improvement

I was excited about the concept of having my shopping ready for my husband to pick up on his way home from work (it takes forever to explain every product detail and location); however, although the shopping was easy online, there are several kinks Sam's Club needs to work out before I would want to use this service again.1. The search feature is inconsistent. There are items I know the store carries, yet often it takes some creative key word selection to bring up the product. I do appreciate the shopping list feature; once I find the product, I store it there.2. I read somewhere that Wal-Mart and Sam's Club are trying to be eco-friendly, so why do they wrap the cart in plastic? Even if you select only a few products, they wrap the whole basket in plastic. Even though you can check the cart with the list and even though they also have someone at the door check your cart with your receipt, they wrap the cart in plastic. And you get two plastic-wrapped carts if you also ordered something refrigerated.3. At my local club, it actually takes more time to use Click and Pull than to go through the store and check out line because if you've purchased anything that needs refrigeration, you have to wait for an associate to go "in the back" to get your cart, and that takes, from my husband's experiences, a long wait.

SamsClub.com Product Ratings/Reviews Are Misleading

from New Mexico

Comments about SamsClub.com:

Key Message - Don't trust reviews/ratings on SamsClub.com because negative reviews are omitted.

I purchased a computer from SamsClub.com, and was very disappointed in the product. Consequently, I submitted a 1-star review and wrote a synopsis outlining the rationale for the rating. The review was not posted, so after a couple days I submitted another 1-star review for that product. Again, the review was not posted. I then contacted SamsClub.com via e-mail inquiring as to why my review was not posted. I was assured that it was due to a backlog associated with a holiday week-end and that my review would be posted shortly. Now, months later, my review still has not been posted. I inquired again why it was not posted, and received a generic response from SamsClub.com which did not even address the issue. It appears that SamsClub.com is deliberately manipulating reviews/ratings on its sites so that products appear better than they really are. Consequently, in my opinion, the reviews/ratings on SamsClub.com have zero credibility.

Membership was worth it!

from Eustis, FL

Comments about SamsClub.com:

I recently got a deal on a membership for Sam's Club on groupon and I must say it was worth it. I am a bulk buyer when it comes to a lot of my groceries as well as things that I know get used a lot in my household such as toilet paper and such. Generally I do most of my buying from Sam's Club online since the nearest store is nearly an hour away from me so unless it's the time of the month to go grocery shopping I generally don't go to the physical store. I love that not only did I get a deal on what I paid for the membership, I also save money as far as shipping when I order online. I notice the website usually charges those who don't have a membership an additional fee aside from the normal costs such as taxes and shipping and such. With the membership that is avoided. I love that because it make no sense to shop from Sam's to save money only to have to pay additional fees that are not necessary. I find that I am able to get baby wipes and such from Sam's Club for way cheaper than I am able to elsewhere. I'm sure I can find them cheaper but in comparison to store brand wipes at other places Sam's is wipes are quality AND quantity which is a good thing because it's hard to find both with cheap things.

Easy to navigate

Comments about SamsClub.com:

samsclub.com is an easy to navigate website. This is one of the reasons I give it 5 stars, there are large, point and click headings along the left hand side and if you still cannot find what you need, there is a very large white search bar along the top. The website even offers "extras" such as recipes and check order. I ordered my last set of checks from samsclub.com. I had lots of designs to choose from, single or duplicate, a price lower than my bank and speedy, safe delivery. You can also easily make Sam's Club credit card payments on samsclub.com with no convenience fee. You do not have to be a Sam's Club member to shop on samsclub.com, however, you will be charged a 10% fee for the service. Delivery can be to your home, for a fee, or to your local Sam's Club at no fee. If you shop the website often, paying the $55 joiner fee may be in your best interest, as 10% can quickly add up. Shopping samclub.com is simple, the site is very easy to navigate and very user friendly!

HP Office Jet Printer 8625

from New Orleans, LA

Comments about SamsClub.com:

I purchased a HP 8625 Office Jet printer and I am disgusted because it does not work since day I bought it. It began giving me problems within days while it was still under warranty. Blue steaks on scan documents (when you can get it to work). DO NOT buy this printer as it is full of bugs and you will be inundated with upgrade requests from HP. You will spend hours on phone with their so-called customer support that does not have authority to actually fix a defective printer. HP support is very elusive. They do not readily offer their 1-800 customer support number. When you finally find them, they will try to sell you a warranty for a product that you are already ready to dispose. The print cartridges are very expensive. I am trashing a printer that is only 6 months old. HP offered to send me a reconditioned printer. Geee thanks. The one I bought was brand new so I thought, or was that printer reconditioned too? NO THANKS HP, I am not getting sucked in any further with an INFERIOR product. BUY any printer but an HP and you will be better off. HP Office Jet 8625 is NOT a quality printer. HP sells DEFECTIVE printers and does not stand behind their product when it is brought to their attention. I give HP 8625 Printer 0 stars.

Samsclub.com

Profile Image

Comments about SamsClub.com:

I love shopping at these member only bulk sites. They offer so much more than just bulk items, they have everything from toys, to electronics, to jewelry. I can buy pretty much anything I want from the comfort of my home and have it shipped to me free of charge. Yes it does cost a small amount of $45 a year to have a membership but you save so much that it is so worth it. I buy a lot of bulk food items as well as paper products from here and around the holiday's it's they offer tons of good gifts. I like that they offer free shipping or you can always pick up at a local store. They have very good pricing and great brands as well.

Very easy to use, all categories are right there or you can search what you are looking for.

Product Selection
Huge selection. They have outdoor stuff, toys, clothes, food, drinks, health and beauty, electronics, furniture, and even travel.

Product Pricing
They have great pricing, pretty low for bulk items.

Customer Service
Never called them but I am sure they are very helpful.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is fast and free!

• Shipping and Returns:

Free shipping at samsclub.com!

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about SamsClub.com:

I have been a member of Sam's Club for over 4 years now. I only started shopping at samsclub.com in maybe the past couple years. Now, I mostly use the app.

The best part of samsclub.com is the free shipping--no matter how much or little you spend! The second best thing is that items are delivered right to my door step! This is especially helpful for large or heavy items. Or I can ship free to friends, if I'm sending them a gift.

Additionally, samsclub.com makes it easy to view past orders and repeat those same orders.

On the inconvenient side of things, not everything that the brick-and-mortar Sam's Club sells is sold at samsclub.com.

I'm not sure if you must be a Sam's Club card member in order to shop at samsclub.com.

From my recollection of my experiences, samsclub.com is not promoted very heavily by Sam's Club. I would think free shipping for even the basic membership level would be a draw to increase the number of memberships sold. It appeals to me!

• Shipping and Returns:

The paid membership is truly worth it

Comments about SamsClub.com:

I love shopping at samsclub.com. Although they have many deals for members, it can be very pricy if you make purchases without a membership card. Every time I shop online, I feel like I’m getting the VIP treatment. I can either purchase a few items or buy in bulk. Either way, I usually save up to 40% online. My favorite item to purchase from samsclub.com would have to be the HP ink cartridges. The price is great and I can always rely on the same great deals if I ever run out.

Very easy to use and the categories are well organized.

Product Selection
The inventory is big and the savings are even bigger. Samsclub.com is basically a one time shop for me and my family.

Product Pricing
The membership card is what makes the deals so great. You can save up to 50 percent off depending on the product and or deal for that week.

Customer Service
Customer service have always been professional and kind whenever I needed assistance online. They were always there to walk me through any technical difficulties.

Depends on the person

Profile Image

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about SamsClub.com:

It's super easy to use samsclub.com to order stuff, especially those big things that you don't have room for in your car to carry home. It really is one of the easiest websites I've used, and I will continue to use it in the future. Having a membership is not that great of a thing - I don't know how much I actually save since I have to pay the fees and I don't shop at samsclub.com that often. But, I do know that the website is extremely easy to use and it's definitely worth it to buy big things, like TVs and other electronics. I bought a grill using samsclub.com and the shipping was great - it arrived within a week or ordering - and the quality of the grill itself was great. Even if you don't live by a store, you can use the website and it's easy and convenient.

Customer Service
I've never personally had a problem with Sams Club. I've only heard good things about it, and they have always been nice and generous when I've had issues with the products, but I can't say they are always like that. It completely depends on the person and what they need.

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about SamsClub.com:

I don't really understand why Sams is trying to compete with Costco. They really can't. I use SamsClub.com for one simple reason. It's much closer than Costco. I certainly would use them a lot more of the time if it weren't for Costco. With that being said, they do provide a good and needed service for me.

Totally simple to use. You create an account, order the item you want and it's delivered to your closest store and you go pick it up. That's pretty much it.

Product Selection
Once again they do not have the selection of a Costco but they do have a few things Costco doesn't. However the return policy at Sams isn't nearly as good as Costco and prescription prices although lower than most, can't beat Costco and they no longer price match Costco

Product Pricing
Yes, it's less than your Walmart or just about any other store but there are better deals to be found if you're willing to spend some time.

Customer Service
Once again the customer is king here. They are very nice and try to do everything they can to help and make you happy but, they aren't the best.

Shipping and Returns
The shipping isn't the issue but the return policy is more difficult than some other warehouse stores.

• Shipping and Returns:

SamsClub.com is the next best thing to shopping in the store!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about SamsClub.com:

SamsClub.com has become a real convenient way for my family and I to shop for our household groceries and cleaning products. We have also shopped for our electronics online as well. I have enjoyed shopping online with SamsClub.com. I can easily go online and shop for any of the items that I need. They are shipped quickly or according to which ever shipping method I choose. The merchandise is always what I have ordered and my elderly Grandmother receives all of the items I send to her. I was able to add her on to my SamsClub.com membership and that way I was able to send her things to her home that she may not be able to get out and go get herself at the store. I love that Sam's Club is a warehouse and you can purchase things in bulk order. I purchase my paper towels and toilet paper online and it last me for a couple months. I love how I can sit in the convenience of my own home and purchase all of the items I love from Sam's Club.