Other Gardening Tools:

Great when it starts

from Seattle, WA

About Me Avid Gardener

Pros

Cons

• Difficult to Use
    • Tuff To Start

• Lawn Maintenance

Comments about Ryobi S430 Straight Shaft Trimmer 4-cycle:

Have owned it for about 4 months now and every time i go to start it i have trouble. Was hoping it was a break in time....but it isn't. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone.!

Starts every time without any problem

Comments about Ryobi S430 Straight Shaft Trimmer 4-cycle:

This is my 4th trimmer I've ever owned. I followed the manufacturer's instructions before my first attempt to start it and have never had a problems starting it. I use it weekly and have had it for a couple of months now. I have never ran it out of gas. I'd buy it again.

This product is the worst thing I have ever bought

Comments about Ryobi S430 Straight Shaft Trimmer 4-cycle:

When it starts it runs pretty well, but I have had it for two months now and could only get it started twice. This thing is a piece of junk. I suggest Ryobi give everybody their money back and fix this problem. I threw it in the garbage can today and its brand new. I have a Ryobi tiller as well, its headed for the garbage also. Ryobi will never gain access to my property again.

Ryobi S430 4-Cycle Trimmer, nice but has problems.

from Payette, ID

Comments about Ryobi S430 Straight Shaft Trimmer 4-cycle:

works great. If you can get it started. This 4-cycle trimmer is a wonder to use. Will clean up any weed mess. Unfortunately it is very difficult to start. I have gone through 3 of these as they have a problem (according to the support person I talked to) with the carburetor.

This Ryobi trimmer is quiet

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about Ryobi S430 Straight Shaft Trimmer 4-cycle:

Many years ago we purchased a Ryobi trimmer. We also purchased the tiller attachment and used it in our garden for at least 13 years before it died. This garden was 60 feet by 25 feet and with the tiller attachment was easy to get out vegies planted. We had also rebuilt the engine on it once. So when it needed to be replaced we decided to get another Ryobi. Instead of getting just the motor we purchased the trimmer with the motor and this way we could use our attachments. It's quieter than the origional and lighter and works just as well. I am very happy with the way it works and how quick I get every thing done. It was easy to put together and the gas and oil are in separate compartments so there is no need to guess how much the ratio should be.