Other Drills:

Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill

RyobiOne 18 Volt Cordless Drill

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill:

This drill has exceeded my expectations. I am very pleased with it.

There is lots of torque with this drill. Much more than other drills in the same category.

I've had this drill two years now and use it three to four times a week and it's still working great.

Versatility
It is a bit heavy and cumbersome partly because of the NI Cad battery but overall it's good. It is a very nice drill to have in your truck or car as you never know when you'll need one. The battery holds a charge for many months without use as well.

The design is good but things are getting smaller and lighter as technology improves. I find it hard to get into small tight places so this may not be the best fit if you're working in a confined area that's less than 12 to 14".

Battery Charge
Actually I was surprised at how long a charge lasted considering it's a NI Cad battery and not a lithium. I have gone quite a long time without a charge. I do recommend having extra batteries as it's nice to have a battery charging while you are using the drill.

• Versatility:
  • Battery Charge:

Great price!!

from Fremont, CA

Comments about Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill:

Certainly not the professional type, but is certainly very for the do-it-yourself folks.

Quite powerful and the charge is kept quite long. I find it quite useful as I do not use this tool quite often and the charge stays fine for many months and close to a year.

The power in the reverse is excellent as well.

Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill is slightly above average.

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill:

The Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill that I am reviewing originally came as part of a set two years ago with other Ryobi products including a One+ 18 Volt battery, reciprocating saw, circular saw and a flashlight.  The Ryobi One+ 18 volt battery universally fits all Ryobi products that use an 18 volt battery instead of being unique to the 18 volt cordless drill.  So, it has come in handy for charging multiple items in the set.  At first the battery held its charge for a long time.  After a year and a half of regular use, however, the battery life was seriously shortened.  Currently, the battery has to be charged up just prior to use now.  It does not hold a charge now and needs to be replaced.  Unfortunately, the battery is expensive.   The Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill is a little above average.  It is very accurate, has variable precise speed and a good amount of torque.  The  Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill that I am reviewing has been used regularly around the house and for construction projects to perform tasks for which a screwdriver would usually be used.  During one construction project, the Ryobi  One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill ran constantly for two hours screwing floor boards in an attic (15-20 screws per board).  It didn't heat up as much as the 18 volt Black & Decker cordless drill that was used simultaneously for the same project.  The  Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill is also better than the Black & Decker 18 volt cordless drill regarding trigger release.  The Ryobi drill stops instantly because there is a break/mechanism in it for that purpose, whereas the Black & Decker drill "free wheels" (keeps spinning) for 1/8-1/4 turn after the trigger is released.

Ryobi 18 Volt Drill is a must have

from Robstown, TX

Comments about Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill:

The Ryobi 18 volt One+ Drill is fantastic. We were so impressed with the first one we bought about eighteen months ago that we bought another one. It has a good battery life and you are able to easily find replaceable rechargeable batteries which is not always the case for these rechargeable drills. We have four acres and we have utilized the two drills as screwdrivers, drills, etc for building a workshop, barn, and dog house without any problems. The drill was purchased as part of a set that came with a saw, flashlight, and sander which have been used on these projects as well. The Ryobi Drill has been a lifesaver...love not stringing out electrical cords to perform a task. The drill has plenty of power to put in 3 inch screws and still has the ability to drill through anything we have asked it to at this point. I don't know what we did without it but we definitely are impressed with this product. Ryobi has done a fine job with this one!

Very Nice cordless drill

from 80538

Comments about Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill:

Recieved  the Ryobi One+ 18v cordless drill for Christmas. It replaced my old Ryobi 12v that was 6 yrs old. The 18v is very powerful. Nothing seems to bog it down. I know the batteries are still fresh but they seem to hold their an extended time. Also this drill can use the new lithium batteries, so they can be improved by getting new batteries when these finally die.

This did come in a kit with 2 batteries, a saw, plus your choice of one other free cordless tool. Price was very reasonable. Would recommend this drill for any handyman or light duty commercial work.

I would buy another ryobi one drill

from upper darby, PA

Comments about Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill:

I have used a 14.4v royobi drill for 8 yrs as an Engineer at a Hotel in fact almost EVERYONE in the shop uses my drill so i purchased the ryobi one 18v drill for myself last year i can find no fault with this drill I bought the starter kit basically for the drill alone but have found the kit very helpful i am a loyal Royobi tool user and will never change give me another battery and i will be set for another 8 yrs

Ryobi makes great drill.

from Youngstown, OH

Comments about Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill:

Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill is a great value for the price. Very few problems. I am exceptionally hard on my tools but this one takes it. Had to take apart one time to clean up motor after it started to bog down intermitently but has worked great since. Even the batteries put up with my abuse. One battery is circleing the drain now, but I expected to eventually have to replace it. For the most part if it puts up with my abuse it will last the average owner a lifetime plus.

Best Cordless Drill on the market

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill:

Ryobi battery tools are great. They are lighter than most of the high end battery tools with just as much power. Batteries do not last as long as on the job as most high end battery tools but if you have a spare battery and keep it in a charger while your working the batteries charge fast enough you will work all day professionally and never have a problem.

For the home owner or do it your selfer its the best value you can buy.

Very dependable and reasonalby priced

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill:

I use my drill everyday as an electrician.  I find the drill to be very dependable and very sturdy. My drill has taken quite the beating over the years and still runs very well.  My only complaint would be the drill batteries do not tolerate the cold well. That can be a problem at time, but other wise I would recommend this drill for the job site or just for the handyman around the house.

the drill for you.

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Ryobi One+ 18 Volt Cordless Drill:

This drill has saved a lot of money and time for me. My previous drill was not powerful and did not have strong battery life. I don't have to pay someone to do relativel simple jobs and I can do it in a shorter amount of ime. But the real cool thing about this drill and numerous other rayobi products is that they share the same 18v battery. There is no need to have 5 diff chargers making a mess of your basement. I just purchased a rayobi flashlight which is quite powerful and will use the same battery as my drill. Very pleased with my growing workshop.