4.9
Rust-Oleum
Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel

Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel

4.8

Pros

• Long lasting (6)
  • Adds protection (5)
  • Coats well (4)
  • Great color (4)
  • Low odor (3)

Cons

• Messy (3)

• Exterior painting (3)
  • New home (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual do-it-yourselfer (3)

rust coverage and prevention

I love the Rust-oleum brands of assorted paints! The brand has copy cats but for all of our outdoor painting needs we always stick with the brand that works much better than the rest. There are cheaper alternatives but none that will work as well and cover as evenly. If you have things outside that are metal and exposed to the elements, Rust-oleum can protect them from rust and corrosion. I use the products on any and everything that we store outside. From wheelbarrows, to lawn furniture anyone can easily apply and get great results. I have tried the paint and spray in a can and always have had great results. I like that it only needs to be done once and the metals are protected fully from rain water and snow. We dont have a lot of storage available so we always try to give our metals a coating so they last a long time even if they are left outside without cover. We also painted our ladder racks on our work truck and some metal on our mud jeeps and its been years since they were treated with Rust-oleum and they are still holding up great. No rust has come through and they still look like they are freshly painted. If you go to any hardware store its almost guaranteed that you will see a store brand with a claim that the product is comparable to Rust-oleum and I reccomend skipping the other brands and paying a little extra for the real deal. I tried the store brands in the past and it never did work as well. I highly reccomend people use this if they have metals outside exposed to the elements and Im sure nobody will be dissapointed with the results they get. It is a bit more expensive then other brands that promise the same results but I know for sure its worth spending the few dollars more to get the better product. A little goes a long way and you dont need to be a professional painter to use it. Its easy to apply and will last for a very long time. Its highly available in hardware stores and home improvement stores. It is somewhat expensive but worth the cost.

Nice ♥

from UAE

Pros

• Coats Well
  • Great Color
  • Long Lasting

Cons

• Messy

• DIY

Comments about Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel:

Very good , long lasting , I use this product for my DIY and really it helpful ☺.

from UAE

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Adds Protection
  • Great Color
  • Long Lasting

Cons

• Messy

• Detailed Areas
  • Redecorating
  • Touch-ups

Liked it

from mhamamd

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Adds Protection
  • Long Lasting
  • Low Odor

• Redecorating

Cool product

i see this production is very cool , i have a one like this

from algeria

Pros

• Adds Protection
    • Coats Well
    • Great Color
    • Long Lasting
    • Low Odor

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel:

use it becouse is very easy

rust coverage and prevention

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Adds Protection
    • Coats Well
    • Great Color
    • Long Lasting

• Exterior Painting
      • protection for metals from the elements

Comments about Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel:

Better than most enamel products I've used!

from San Antonio, Texas

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Adds Protection
      • Coats Well
      • Long Lasting
      • Low Odor

• Adding Personality
        • Remodels
        • Touch-ups

Comments about Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel:

Many of my crafting projects involve adding a final coat to preserve paint color and any other details I've added. I like to make tile coasters. The problem I've encountered over the years is that sprays are either 1) noxious in their odor, 2) spread unevenly, 3) aren't exact waterproof or heat resistant, and 4) bubble up, leaving a finish that isn't so smooth. When used outdoors or in a well-ventilated area, the Rust-Oleum product dries quickly and evenly. Usually, I apply three thin layers to my projects, giving them 72 hours to dry. Never have I had an issue with my coated coasters sticking to hot drinks or packing material when I ship them off as gifts. The coating lasts for years, with little need to re-touch or add another layer of sealant. The finish is also glossy, which makes your finished projects even more delightful to look at. This is a great product for ceramics, painting, and even wooden objects!

I love Rust-Oleum

from Kansas

Comments about Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel:

I have been a fan of Rust-Oleum products for a number of years, especially for crafting or re-purposing items. I have used the Rust-Oleum Enamel a number of times and the results are always great. You can use this on big projects, such as the iron railing on your home or giving some extra shine to lawn items. You can use it on small crafting projects. It is easy to use and extremely durable. It can be used on most surfaces. I have used it primarily on wood, such as picture frames and jewelry boxes when I am re-purposing them. There isn't a better or easier to use enamel out there.

Quality
        Such a high quality product. It is easier to use and leaves a better finish than a lot of other enamels.

Lasts a long time even on outdoor items that experience a lot of weathering.

Coverage
        All you need is one coat if you use it as directed. You simply spray it and let it sit for a while. It is a piece of cake.

Ease of Appliation
        You spray this just as you would any spray paint. It only takes me one coat the majority of the time.

I trust the RustOleum.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel:

I have used a lot of paints in my life at home as well as in working situations. For years I worked at a body shop and we used lots of the RustOleum spray paints. I found that you could always depend on a good quality and consistent paint from the manufacturers. Often times when you buy off brands of paint one in about every five cans doesn't spray well or not at all. I have never bought a can of this that failed to operate. I was also well pleased at how closely the colors match from can to can, another short coming of the off brands is color mismatches.

Quality
        I have always considered this to be top quality paint and at reasonable prices.

The RustOleum is very durable but as with any paint you must use it on a good surface, if you paint over trash you will have a trashy paint job,

Coverage
        I find the coverage to be great compared to all the other sprays I have tried, even with hard to cover colors the RustOleum does an incredible job covering the existing color or surface.

Ease of Appliation
        This is very easy to apply just spray in long smooth strokes over lapping your project and over lap your strokes about 30 percent.

Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch

Comments about Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel:

Rust-Oleum is the best brand of paint as far as I am concerned. I have been using Rust-Oleum for years and I as a painter I must say that this is the best paint for doing any kind of work on any project that requires a protective coat that will or may be in contact to any type of condition where it may be in contact with any type of rust or corrosion due to moisture or damp areas or rain. Rust-oleum puts a protective coat of armor over your painted project. Rust-oleum works best over metallic painted surfaces like metal and tin and works great on iron surfaces but it can be used on plastic or wood surfaces also. Rust-oleum will go over any water based, gloss, satin, or semi gloss surface or over primer. I highly recommend rust-oleum for any project professional or just a home do-it-yourself project.

A great spray paint!

Comments about Rust-Oleum Professional High Performance Enamel:

Rust-Oleum spray paint is simply amazing! I have used it more times than I can count for work and in my personal life. Whether I need to touch up a rusty piece of metal with a fresh coat of any color I desire or I want to change colors this paint allows me to do that with the greatest of ease.

Quality
        Rust-Oleum paint is, simply put, made to last. Areas that see a lot of wear and tear may need to be touched up again in the future but that's normal and to be expected.

Rust-Oleum doesn't last as long as I'd like it to but it still lasts longer than any other brand of oil-based color paint I have come across.

Coverage
        Coverage of the paint is great just be sure to go back and forth and use nice smooth strokes with the can.

Ease of Appliation
        Any spray can will get tiring on the hands if used for too long but this can be counteracted by buying a spray-trigger for any cans you have. They can be used multiple times and only cost about 5-8 bucks.