2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Designer Paradise with Low Low Prices!

The day I found RueLaLa was the day I had to tell my husband I would be in the dog house for a LONG LONG time!!! I'd heard there were websites out there that offered Designer items at discount prices. I'd also heard these items weren't knock offs, seconds, or damaged.  I thought this was just an Urban Myth Designer houses told people so that we would continue searching for the ultimate find but end up shelling out our hard earned money at the Sample Sales in the City....I found RueLaLa and kissed the ground...it wasn't an Urban Myth as I suspected...IT WAS REAL, and it was GREAT!

I've been signed up with RLL now for over a year and in that time I've snagged some incredible finds! I receive emails that advise me of the upcoming "boutique" sales and when they will be opening. I also get a reminder of the Boutique Opening the day of the sale, about an hour or two before it opens.  I've purchased some great Vera Bradley bags for next to nothing, LuLu Lemon active wear, Gucci Watches, Waterford Crystal, Ed Hardy scarves...the list goes on....the prices were all fantastic...and the shipping is one price no matter how much you buy..which puts a smile on my face!!!!

The sales start at 11am, so if you are working it makes it difficult to get into the site exactly when it begins. I've had trouble gaining access to some of the sales even when I've signed on at 11am and lost out on many items because they have sold out. I wish RLL offered more items in their sales and that they did not sell out so quickly but with these prices I suppose there are so many people buying this is inevitable. I have had a few instances where the site was incredibly slow & it was temporarily shut down. On these occasions, RueLaLa did not send out an email to let customers know when the site would be up and running again so you either had to keep on trying to renew your screen or take your chances and lose out on the Boutique. I lost out on that one..bummer~

Boutiques do repeat every few months or so, but not all of them. They also offer a clearning house Boutique a few times of the year with odds and ends all in one place. There may be 17 clothing designers in one boutique, you choose which one you want to look at and then view the items. This is time consuming and you often lose out on other items.

In any event, I'd highly recommend the site to anyone-it doesn't cost anything to sign up and you get referral fees for getting friends to sign up and buy on the site too. It pays to shop and tell  your friends on Rue La La!!!! You never know what you might find from day to day!

Bad customer policies in a bad eco time

I love Rue la la and the idea of it.  But recently they have become either greedy or so popular that service is no longer necessary.  I invited a friend and she bought in Decemeber so I received the $10 credit.  She also bought again this month so now I have a $20 credit which I am very happy about...Except, that my latest email from Rue la la said that my first credit would be expiring 4/30.  I've read their terms/conditions and it states that referral credits expire 18 months from the friend purchase date, with the right to expire them any time Rue la la opts.  So I emailed customer service and they reiterated that they can revoke rewards whenever.  Right, I too read that and understood, but why do that to a customer who buys from them and refers a friend who does as well? And do it 14 months early??

In the last few months they have increased shipping rates and also changed their return policy--now you only receive a credit to use for future purchases rather then reimbursment to your credit card, and I've even seen items that say "final sale, no returns."

I'm an attorney, I understand and appreciate the option of having the right to alter policies and exercising that right.  However, exercising those reserved rights is usually left for extreme circumstances to say the least.  It's a just in case option, not a "why not, we can" practice.

While there are much bigger things to complain and worry about, it just really bothers me when I see bad business practices especially in these times when people are just tierd of getting the screw.

Poor logistics.

from Manchester, nh

Comments about RueLaLa.com:

I purchased items 3 weeks before my wife's birthday and they are not shipped 2 weeks later. They won't make it on time. Also support is not replying to my email. Not the kind of logistic I want to support with my $. Just spent 30 mins on the phone with manager asking them to make it right, there is nothing they can do to help.

Overpriced and Intrusive

from Utah

Comments about RueLaLa.com:

When I first entered this site, they wanted me to enter my email before I could begin shopping. Typically this turns me off to a site, because I don't want to get spam emails simply to shop when I may not buy anything anyway. But I had heard good things about this site in the past, so I decided to give it a try and see what good things I could find. I was able to find a new set of pajamas that were on a decent sale the first time I was buying something, but in general, the site is overpriced, and I do not plan to use it very often. I have also received several emails advertising products until I opted out of email updates (it had automatically entered me).

Product Selection
The site has several brand names, but they are at the higher end of expensive.

Product Pricing
This site is very overpriced. If someone wants to pay more for a brand name or to look good, then they certainly can do it. But for the quality of the products, you can easily find something equivalent for much less money elsewhere. Even after paying more here, the products I received were not so much better to justify the higher cost.

Great Discounts for High End Brands

Comments about RueLaLa.com:

RueLaLa is a great place to find high-end clothing, accessories, home furnishings, and more at a discount. I have bought many items there, from brands like Cole Haan, Brooks Brothers, New Balance, Invicta, and more. They often offer designer labels, as well as popular favorites like Lilly Pulitzer Vera Bradley.

Another positive for RueLaLa is their generous referral system. You can send your friends a link to sign up under you and when they order, you'll earn a $10 credit to use on anything at RueLaLa. You can use more than one credit on an order too. I have bought many items for free this way.

The website is very easy to use and checkout is a breeze. It's also simple to search for a particular brand or sale.

Product Selection
There is a continually good rotation. Many brands are featured several times throughout the year, so if you miss a sale or just like shopping a certain one regularly, you'll be happy to see it pop up often.

Product Pricing
These are great discounts, for high end items that is. If you're not used to paying full price for these brands, then the prices may seem steep.

Customer Service
I have needed to call customer service twice, and both were great experiences. Once they shipped the wrong item and once they shipped a duplicate. Both times the representative was extremely helpful and courteous.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is expensive, which negates some of the savings that the discounted price of an item could yield.

Disturbing my peace

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about RueLaLa.com:

RueLaLa.com is definetely not one of my favorite stores on the web here's why... First and foremost, the make you sign up in order for you to see their products. I feel that that is so entirely wrong and unethical. Also, Their products are nice - the majority of them anyway but, they are also grossly over priced. Their shoe selection is especially over priced. The styles of shoes they sell can easily be found at JustFab or even J.C. Penny for much less. The email me way too much too. Their maxi dresses generally run just under $60.00 and have a somewhat cheap and common look to them. Their perfume runs the range of just under $200 dollars! I will never understand how they stay in business. They do however, have some nice jewelry and accessories as well. Also, their shipping prices are more than reasonable and they ship quickly and efficiently too. I wouldn't suggest for anyone to sign up to the site unless you are just too curious to see what's available, like I was. Their jewelry is worth purchasing most of the time but, I don't shop here regularly enough.I am a customer but, I don't make a habit out of shopping there.

You can't use the site unless you register to the site and they email too much.

Grossly over priced.

Shipping and Returns
Thy are actually really reliable with their shipping procedures

• Shipping and Returns:

Rue la la offers great deals!

from Nashville, IN

Comments about RueLaLa.com:

After browsing Rue La La many times, I recently made my first purchase. Rue La La offers sales on designer items. Many times, they are greatly discounted. At 11am each day, Rue La La opens several 'events' from different designers or different categories (ie dresses for days or shoes for every season). The good items often sell you quickly so you have to check out the events close to their opening time. The only problem is even when the events open, they only offer certain sizes and they don't always offer every size (small, medium, large). If you can find your size, you can get a good deal though. The events usually close within 2-3 days, but like I said you want to be sure to shop early for the good stuff. They ship via Fedex and it arrived quickly. They also offer credits for referring friends who buy, so that is an easy way to get closer to the items you want to buy! I have even seen items on Rue La La that are still in stores for more!

Great website with high quality items.

from Pearl, MS

Comments about RueLaLa.com:

I love this website. For a while I was just getting the daily emails and perusing the site, but never bought anything. Then one day I got an email saying they were gifting me a credit of 30 dollars to use on their site! I went and bought 2 Betsey Johnson bracelets and got them FOR FREE! Since then I've bought many more things from them including high end makeup and clothes. I highly recommend this website.
It's free to sign up and join, if you find something that you like you'll end up paying 9.95 in shipping charges, but that is for the whole month. So if you go the first day and find a coach handbag that you like, you'll pay 9.95 in shipping charges. Then if you see some Benefit makeup a couple days later, you'll end up paying absolutely no shipping charges! That's one of the great things I love about this site, only 1 shipping fee for an entire month. Their website includes everything as well, from home and decor to handbags and clothes.

One of the best bargain websites ever

from Medford, NY

Comments about RueLaLa.com:

Ruelala is awesome. They have unbeatable deals. And every day there is a different sale. The down side is that there is limited availability of each item and the products are only available for a few days. If there is a sale that you want, you had better be logged on to the website when the sale opens to have the best pick. I have missed out of some great deals because I was late to the party. But I have also scored amazing deals as well. And they often send me credits and free shipping offers just for being a member. Another great perk is that when you refer someone to their site and they make a purchase, you get a $10 credit. And then every time they shop again, you get 7 days of free shipping! Their customer service is top notch. They offer free shipping all year if you purchase their 365 benefit for $100. But you also get 2 free $50 gift cards to the store of your choice in return for joining so it evens out. It's a great concept all around.

I love the products but not the prices

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

Comments about RueLaLa.com:

I have a love hate relationship with RueLaLa. I have shopped with RueLaLa a few times.
I look at the new additions they add to the site daily on almost a daily basis hoping that the bargain of an item I like, at a price point I'm comfortable with, will magically coincide for a wonderful buy, in my personal perspective as far as a fashion forward shopper on a budget. It has happened maybe 4 times in over 2 years for me that way. Other than that I'm shopping at odds with myself hoping that when I order something I will love it just as much in person as I felt I had to have it buying online. I have even won a $50 gift card promo from them through their Facebook page. There items are very often beautiful and on occasion quite unique. But there it goes again their prices are not as discounted as one would like. They often have sales , and they also offer free shipping on any order purchased for 30 days after any initial purchase.

Rue lala

from Austin, TX

Comments about RueLaLa.com:

I joined Rue la la a few years ago. I joined when I saw they were running a promotion, something like $10 off your first order. I thought, that was a great deal! At that time I was able to order some shoes for my infant daughter, and they ended up being free. I don't think you can find a better deal than that. I still receive rue lala's daily emails. I do purchase gifts, or items for my daughter, from them from time to time. I usually wait to make my purchases until they offer free shipping, or a discount off of your purchase. You also have access to invite friends to join ruelala.com where you can earn credit to spend online. I enjoy that feature the most. When I have ordered from ruelala.com the items have always shipped quickly and arrived quickly. I have not had any problems with any items received. I have been pleased with the selections, service and speed of shipping. I would recommend them to a friend.

Nice selection

Comments about RueLaLa.com:

Like all of the sites similar to it, the main drawback to RueLaLa is the fact that it takes forever to actually receive the item you have bought. By the time I got the things I'd ordered, I'd actually forgotten I had ever ordered them to begin with. The quality of my merchandise was pretty good, and the price for the items themselves was great, but I do think the shipping fee is a little bit excessive and designed to gouge you as a consumer. I like that there is a decent amount of variety among the various products you can buy on RueLaLa, but as always, not being able to try on the clothing is a barrier. I buy clothes from various places online, but it's always a gamble when you can't try it on to begin with. On the other hand, there's nothing that RueLaLa could actually do to address that issue, so I don't really hold it against them--it's just one of the variables of shopping online. Overall, I am pleased with my purchases and with the variety of sales.