Other Food Storages:
Rubbermaid
Rubbermaid Produce Saver Square 8 Piece Set Food Storage Containers

Rubbermaid Produce Saver Square 8 Piece Set Food Storage Containers

Produce Savers extend the life of your produce

Rubbermaid Produce Saver Square 8 Piece Set Food Storage Containers are wonderful at extending the life of your fresh produce.  We ran an informal test on different types of produce containers and bags and these worked the best for us.  We tested out Persian cucumbers which typically only last 24-36 hours in the refrigerator.  In the Rubbermaid Produce Saver container, they were still crisp and crunchy 7 days later.

The containers are clear.  The inside removable tray that keeps the produce elevated above the moisture is green.  The lids are green with small vents on the sides.

The Rubbermaid Produce Saver 8 piece set contains:

2: 2 cup containers (and 2 lids)

1: 5 cup container (and 1 lid)

1: 14 cup container (and 1 lid)

The 2 cup size is perfect for fresh berries and grape tomatoes.  The 5 cup is excellent for storing small cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, and other small and medium size vegetables.  The 14 cup container we use to store Romaine hearts lettuce (need to curl over the top of the lettuce or cut it off to fit), cauliflower, and bulk vegetables.

I recommended these to my mother.  She buys heads of lettuces, chops it, washes it, spins it dry, and stores it in the 14 cup container.  The lettuce is still fresh and crisp 5 days after cutting and washing.

I have noticed that if moisture is allowed to collect on the sides (and interior of lid), the produce will not last long.  The containers are clear which makes it easy to keep an eye on them.  If I see moisture on the inside, I pull out the container and wipe all the inside walls and top of lid with a paper towel.  Or I completely empty the container and thoroughly dry it, depending on the amount of liquid.

The largest Produce Saver container (14 cup) is not big enough for an entire head of Iceberg lettuce unless it is cut up nor will it hold celery without cutting it as well.

Rubbermaid Produce Savers save us time and money.  Instead of shopping for fresh produce twice a week, we now shop every 7-10 days.  These containers work beautifully.

Rubbermaid Storage containers store your produce for weeks

As a mom of six I want my children to eat there fruits and vegetables. Now when I buy them in bulk I have containers to keep them crisp and fresh,  I love them and they work wonders.  If you are really into fresh fruit and vegetables and need them to stay fresh for a week or longer I would totally tell you to go and get the rubbermaid storage containers. Now you will be able to get a little more life out of your veggies. They really will not wilt the next few days

The only problem I have is I have a large family so I had to buy quit a few sets and I wish they would have come in larger containers so I didn't have to stack them all in my fridge.  Also they don't have room for a head of lettuce but that not a big deal since I use a lettuce spinner. If you buy a lot of fruits and vegetables I would suggest you try these storage containers if you come home and clean your fruits and vegetables and put them directly into the containers and then into the fridge you will have fresh produce for weeks.

Really Do Keep Produce Fresher Longer

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Rubbermaid Produce Saver Square 8 Piece Set Food Storage Containers:

I like Rubbermaid products and am always looking to try new things so when I saw these on sale I picked up a set. I wasn't particularly impressed.

I love the square design as they stack nicely both in storage, and when in the fridge. The seals are nice and tight, as you'd expect from a Rubbermaid product.

I love the little plastic mat at the bottom of the container that keeps the produce away from any condensation. This is especially awesome for delicate veggies like mushrooms or lettuce. It really does work to keep them fresher longer. I no longer have to toss half of a head of lettuce or most of a package of mushrooms due to spoilage from condensation.

What I don't love is the cleanup. Those little mats that sit in the bottoms of the containers are not fun to hand wash. Not fun at all. The seals on the covers also seem to accumulate things in them and can be a pain to clean as well. That is really one of the main things that makes them not a ten in my book, otherwise they're really good at their jobs.

Interesting Idea in Food Storage

from Eagle River, AK

I admit that the only reason I bought these storage containers was because they were on clearance. I've had such good luck with them that I wish I had bought out the store!

They look like other storage containers but they are very different. They are square and have a clear body so you can easily see the contents. The green lids snap on securely and are easy to get on and off. There is a square green insert that sits in the bottom of the container that is vented, and this makes all the difference.

They claim to keep produce fresh up to 33% longer. The vent in the bottom of the container (that is removable for washing) vents so foods don't touch the bottom of the container and they are allowed to breathe.

Last, they are safe to put in the microwave, freezer and dishwasher! I like to eat fresh fruit, and blueberries and strawberries last much longer in these containers. Since produce is so expensive, this is a welcome change! A sliced tomato doesn't get gross like it would in a baggie.

Bottom line, these WORK.

The best storage container ever

from Eastpointe, MI

Rubbermaid storage containers are great. There lids are the best part of them for me. They stay on tight so much better than the other container. They don't leak the liquid from the items you store.

They have longlasting durability and the price is right.

They don't stain or melt easily.

Rubbermaid produce Saver Square 8 piece set for food storage

from San Bernardino, CA

The 8 piece rubbermaid produce saver square set are very good to use and last a long time. The only thing is that they are not that deep in size to hold large vegetables or fruits. For small product it is wonderful. It also preserves the fruits and vegetables and moisture for weeks. It also has a drainage side to it. It is see thru so you always know what is inside of them without having to opening the containers to check them. They save alot of room in your fridge because they are stackable. They are not expensive at at. Like any rubbermaid product; they are made to last for years. I have been using rubbermaid products for years and only had to replace some of them because they have just gotten worn out. Rubbermaid does make many different size containers and alot of them come with different color lids and containers so you can't mistake the lids for different containers. In these times of days the way the cost of living is buying these containers from rubbermaid will save you alot of money in the long run.

Love these produce savers!

from Waxhaw, NC

I seriously love the Rubbermaid Produce saver square food storage containers! They come in various sizes, which is a huge plus, as we all know, when storing food. The lids fit tightly and securely, the little plastic thing that sits on the bottom on the inside keeps produce from sitting in any water or other liquid that might accumulate on the bottom. Thus keeping the produce fresher, longer. Which is what the Rubbermaid Produce Savers are all about! Extending the life of your produce!

I have had no bad experiences with anything Rubbermaid makes, and this line of food storage containers is no exception! They hold up extremely well, both to use as they were intended- storing your produce and keeping it fresh, and other, side uses. Such as toddlers playing with them.

Overall, these are great. I can't think of a single negative thing about these food storage containers, and am so happy Rubbermaid came up with them!

Rubbermaid Produce Saver is the bomb!!

from Federal Way, WA

I bought these last year - they are so awesome and the price is fantastic - I was a fan of tupperware - no more - expensive and not nearly as nice as the rubbermaid.  I like that they can go from freezer to microwave - they clean nice - the lids are interchangable so they all fit one another - they store in the cupboard - no more of that commerical when all the plastic bowls come tumbling down on your head - I have had that happen a few times.  The price is right - so when people come over I dont hesitate to send one home with leftovers - I bought 2 sets so far - if I get it back great - if not no big deal.  I purchased this for family and friends as xmas gifts - everyone loves them - I have been replacing my plastiware with rubbermaid products - I believe they are the best on the market.  The price is right - they are easy to use - they work in the microwave - freezer and best of all dishwasher - plus they are spacesavers - who could ask for more - if you dont have some - go get them - they are so worth the money.

Keeps food fresh!

from Pittsburgh, PA

I recently received the Rubbermaid Produce Saver 8-piece set as a gift from our wedding/shower registry, and I'm glad I did!  These storage containers really do work as promised, keeping food fresh in your refrigerator much longer than in the normal produce packaging.  I eat a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits, so I was very interested in the claim that these containers will help your food to last longer, and so far, so good!  For me the real test was with fresh raspberries.  I had bought berries numerous times this summer before getting the Produce Savers and it seemed like each time I would go to get some to eat, I would find that half of them were going bad, already moldy, or something along those lines.  Now, with the Rubbermaid set, my raspberries lasted longer than it took me to eat them!  I'm sold!  My only complaint is a minor one, with regards to the size of the large container.  It is somewhat bulky, and hard to fit into my apartment-sized refridgerator.  I kind of wish it was shaped differently (maybe a rectangle, a bit more narrow, instead of a square) but that is a minor change.  Overall, I recommend the product!!

Rubbermaid is just Awesomemaid

from Plano, TX

Rubbermaid is just awesome.I love all its products.Its just wonderful to have products by which I could keep my food whether cooked or uncooked,doesn't even matter fresh,safe and clean.Its available in various sizes which is fit for almost all kind of food.Even when not in use it goes un my cabinet well arranged,neat and tidy.I'm happy that it goes well with all my appliances especially dishwasher.Initally I was very sad that I dont have enough lids to cover my food items,but with Rubbermaid I could easily get the satisfaction that my food is safe under the lid whether it is hot or cold.The only thing I am sad is that they should have more count of containers in one set,I mean instead of 8 some 12 or atleast 10.Apart from that I just love this product.

Rubbermaid keeps y food fresh and saver

from Augusta, GA

I been using rubbermaid products for years and love there products.I like the idea of having and knowing that I can keep my food save,secure,and fresh.The rubbermaid 8 piece set food  storage container is a great product.It gives you a varity of sizes for your food,you place the containers in the refrigerater with your fresh vegetables that you cut up and not using and when you return to use your vegetables they will still be fresh,and great eating.I have used rubbermaid containers to freeze icecream,noodles,soup and much more.The containers are really safe and secure for your food,The price is reasonable and you will diffently get your money worth.The rubbermaid containers is safe to use in the microwave to heat up your food.I even use the containers to keep my cookies fresh that I have left over from baking.I recommend the rubbermaid 8 piece set to any and everyone who needs to keep there food save and fresh.

I hesitated buying these, but so glad I did.

from Bridgeview, IL

I read lots and lots of reviews before buying these at Amazon. I was skeptical that they would prolong the life of the produce.......but they really do work.  I was tired of throwing produce in the garbage after a few days,,,,,but with these containers they stay fresher longer.