Other Food Storages:

Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers

Pros

Cons

Rubbermaid is tops!

Rubbermaid has once again come up with an excellent alternative to the highly priced Tupperware line of containers.  In fact, I love them so much that I gave away all my odds and end Tupperware and any other off brand containers and lids I found in my cabinets.  I purchased the largest set available and the two largest containers in this line and cannot be happier with my purchase.  They are dishwasher safe, do not stain with sauces like tomato, are portable and seal so darn well that when a bowl is pushed out of the refrigerator, I don't flinch!  If only all products were made as well as this line, there wouldn't be any waste of money on the part of the consumer.

I will also add that because the price is so affordable, these make excellent gifts for newly married couples or students starting out on their own for the first time.  I have bought and given away three sets to date and all are greatly appreciated.

Sandy

Rubbermaid Containers Aren't Great

It is nice to have containers on hand for a variety of things, from leftovers to mixing bowls, a wide variety should be kept on hand. I have tried the Rubbermaid brand of containers and I can honestly say that I was not impressed. Even though the lids on these containers beat every other plastic container on the market as far as a tight fit, that's about as far as the pro's go for this product. To start off, using a plastic container for storing foods opens up all kinds of concerns about BPA. Especially when used in the microwave, because then you start to worry about the plastic leeching into the food. Next, you can't store foods like red sauces (tomato, spaghetti, etc.), chili, etc. in these containers because they will forever stain the plastic. Also, the lids ALWAYS get lost. No matter what the marketing teams say that the lids won't get lost or will attach to the bowl or whatever, they.get.lost. It's frustrating. I don't recommend Rubbermaid (or any plastic container for that matter) containers at all!

Great Product

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers:

Rubbermaid food storage containers makes it very easy to store leftovers, pack lunches for work or even store pre-cut vegetables or sauces. I plan to use these storage containers to help me portion out my meals throughout the day. When I am ready to eat my meals, all I have to do is grab one to two containers, heat and serve.

Since using these food storage containers, I can see how much I had been consuming too much food in the past. Most of the containers are perfect portion size, there is no need to pre-measure. 5 days out of the week I always have my meals stored inside my storage containers. By doing this it helps me not give into temptation to eat fast foods.

These storage containers are freezer safe. I have cooked batches of soup and then use the storage containers to freeze my soup to have for the rest of the week. I also warm my food in these storage containers as well. With that being said they are microwave safe as well.

These are my favorite storage containers and use them almost daily.

Great product to own for your kitchen.

from Nazareth, pa

Comments about Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers:

I received the Rubbermaid Easy Find Lid Food Storage Containers as a Christmas present from my parents last year. I honestly figured great more containers that I will never use or have the room for in my cabinets. I love these food storage containers. I have tried all different cheap food storage containers and this was the closest I found to Tupperware that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. The fact that most of the lids are interchangeable and that you can snap them all together is great. I don't have to spend twenty minutes in my cabinets emptying the contents to find one lid that matches one bowl. There is just about every size you can imagine in this set which makes it much easier to find the right size and lid without a bunch of hassle. I have very limited cabinet space so the fact that these all store inside each other and the lids all snap together makes them great for me to have in my home. I would suggest these to anyone looking for a good food storage container and has a limited amount of cabinet space.

Rubbermaid makes the best food storage containers

Comments about Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers:

Rubbermaid food storage containers are the only ones that I buy. They are the only ones durable enough to put in the freezer and not crack. I avoid buying the other types of food storage containers because they do crack over time, even after multiple uses. The only thing that I do not like is that they seem to make different sized lids every time a new design of bowls comes out. For example, I bought a 3-pack of round bowls and lids. The next time, about a year later, when I went to buy more, I wanted the same exact size of bowls and lids, and I found that the design had changed just enough so that the other lids do not fit the newer bowls. That makes it hard finding the lids in the lid drawer, unless of course, you can remember which color goes with what bowl, which is nearly impossible. Since I had 3 sets of these bowls and lids, I end up trying the blue one, then the red one, and then the clear one or vice versa.

Wonderful product

Comments about Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers:

After our move, I needed new storage containers as several of my tupperware lids were lost in the move. I chose these because of the easy to find lids advertisement on the side of the box. I purchased the 40 piece set and I am immensely satisfied with them. The sizes included are perfect for my family. I love the fact that several different sizes of container use the same size lid. No more searching in the drawer forever and pulling out the wrong size first. Also, if a lid gets damaged or lost there are backups are available without having to contact a company and waiting for them to send a replacement. I also love that these containers are square instead of the round tuperware bowls. These fit better in the fridge. And they stack well. The bottom of the container snaps right onto the lid of the one below it which makes the entire stack much more stable. Very convenient design. Also, much cheaper than tupperware and no wait for the product to arrive.

Title tells it all.

Comments about Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers:

This container is a must for both individuals and families. The containers snap onto the lids and they are easily stack-able. These containers are built to last. They are very durable and interchangeable with other sets made by Rubbermaid. Not only are they microwaveable, they can be placed in the freezer and will not incur any damage. They are dishwasher safe as well.

Pretty good product for the price

Comments about Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers:

I was looking for a good set of food storage containers, and my husband got me these Rubbermaid ones. I have a forty-eight piece set, which does pretty well for our family needs. My personal opinion is that as a set, they included too many of the smaller containers and not enough large ones. I am always loosing lids to my containers so I love the locking lids that these offer. I'm not scrambling in a corner cupboard to find a matching lid and bottom anymore. This is one of the best features that Rubbermaid offers with this set. I also like that these can go in the microwave and freezer. I use them a lot for soups and other leftovers that I freeze and then heat up in the microwave. One problem I have had with doing this, however, is the staining. I have found that if I am heating up something like chili or spaghetti sauce in the microwave, it will stain the sides of the bowl right around the top. Overall, I feel like this is a good product.

Love them!

Comments about Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers:

I received these as a gift one year for Christmas from a family member, and they were just what i needed. I love the quality and how organized these Rubbermaid containers are. Used to I just bought a few random containers here and there, which was fine at first, but eventually my cabinets became too full, and started overflowing every time i opened the cabinet doors. There were so many different brands, shapes, and sizes. They were impossible to stack very many together because there weren't many that were the same. With these they had every kind you need that all fit inside of each other. They also don't stain like some of the cheaper ones do. I have had mine for almost a year and none of them are cracked, stained, or have any sort of imperfections. They also are not overpriced, especially for the great quality that you get. Since receiving these I have purchased the set for two different friends as a house warming gift, they loved them.

Makes saving food easy.

Comments about Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers:

Keeps food good for atleast 5 days.I love it. I have had it for five years, and NONE of them have broken. They have fallen and fallen and even having two year olds, they have NEVER broke. I have had them before and I love them so much, I got three more boxes of them.

No more hunting for lost lids!

Comments about Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers:

The Rubbermaid easy find lids are one great solution to no messing with lost lids. I just stack them one on top of other and thhey always stick together. It makes life much easier. The containers do come in stackable sizes so that they fit well one into other. The variety of size is also great for taking care of leftovers in the kitchen or the food on the go. I do use these to pack my spouses' lunch and we've never had any spills. They lock perfectly and stay like that. I love how they can be easily put in diswashwer too. It make they literally maintainance free. The simple design and clean lines makes it fit into any kitchen or use.

Not great for work

from Fresh Meadows, NY

Comments about Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers:

I use these storage containers for work where I would bring sandwiches and every now and then, hot food. However, I realized that over the year, the lid wears out which causes me to have to replace them. I know that these are not meant for microwave but upon using it in the microwave, the container melted and my food was contaminated. I had to buy lunch that day. So these are good to save space but if you are bringing it to work, I recommend the glass containers. They come in various sizes which is helpful for more organized families. I on the other hand do not have much use for the smaller containers. I guess these are useful for those who want to control how much food they want to eat on a daily basis. This was not that useful for me.