Other Irons:

Rowenta Power Duo Iron

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

The type of quality you expect from Rowenta

from Springfield, KY

Comments about Rowenta Power Duo Iron:

I always had cheapie irons, and thought I just hated ironing when in reality, it was because I had not yet met Rowenta. This iron is heavier than your average Black and Decker, but it is well made, and the heat adjustment knobs are sensitive, not just hot and hotter. The water tank is a little awkward to get to, but I use a funnel for drip free water adding.

The water tank input is in an awkward spot.

Excellent iron

from Layton, UT

Comments about Rowenta Power Duo Iron:

I guess I am a rarity these days: I LOVE to iron! I have had my Rowenta Power Duo for years. I love it. It gets nice and hot and the steam works great to get out stubborn wrinkles. I have used cheap irons before and have always been disappointed. Rowenta is the only brand I iron I will buy.

• Safety:

Wish we'd bought this one first!

from Winchendon, MA

Comments about Rowenta Power Duo Iron:

After going through four of the cheapest irons we could find (we were just married and pinching pennies) we finally realized we'd already spent above and beyond what a "nice" iron would cost. My husband did some research and found that Rowenta was a good name so off we trotted and plucked the first Rowenta we could find off the shelf. Five years later its still held up great. Irons quickly and smoothly and still works after being dropped more than once! We have occasionally gotten build up on the bottom plate but some iron cleaner takes it right off and we are good to go again!

• Safety:

The Rowenta is the best iron I've ever had!

from Edmonds, WA

Comments about Rowenta Power Duo Iron:

After someone (won't name names) dropped my iron, I decided to spend a little more and get myself a Rowenta iron.  What a good decision.

I sew for others, and needed an iron that performed well and didn't drip on clothes or fabric.  This is such a dream to work with. Heavy enough to truly press certain fabrics, but compact enough it is easily managed.

The surprise feature is the upright steaming bit.  How handy is this?  It works to just touch things up, without even having to take them off the hangers!

Best decision I've made in the small appliance department!

I LOVE my Rowenta DX6650 Power Duo Iron

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Rowenta Power Duo Iron:

I have always wanted a Rowenta Iron but could never muster up the desire to spend so much money on an iron.

I got married earlier this year and we registered for the Rowenta on our gift registry. My husband laughed and said NO ONE would pay that much for an iron. TO his dismay we received the Rowenta as one of our gifts and I have to say it was one of my favorite gifts.

It makes ironing so much easier and dare I say enjoyable.  It seriously steams out creases, heats up quickly and I love the automatic turn off feature.  It never drips on my clothes and honestly it irons better than any other iron I've ever used.

It is so worth the money and then some.  I hope this iron will last me a long time but rest assured we will purchase another Rowenta when the time comes. I would highly recommend this iron to anyone who truly dislikes ironing, it will make it a lot easier and more enjoyable.