3.3
DX1900
Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off

Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off

3.3

I REALLY ENJOY USING MY IRON!

I really didnot think that I would ever find an iron that has an automatic cord reel (gets that cord out of the way when you are done and ready to put it away!) but I have! I enjoy ironing a whole lot better now. I have always used/bought Rowenta irons and they are the best! I hope they continue to carry this one for a long time to come in the off chance I would ever have to replace this one. It has an anti drip system and carries extra large water tank that you can see the where your water is, it has the 3 way shut off so it doesnot over heat, an adjustable steam release function, the cool spray mist with that vertical burst of steam, it also has a stainless steel bottom. It self cleans and has an airglide stainless steel soleplate so you donot have to worry about marks being left on your garments. It is not heavy either because it weighs less than four pounds. I highly recommend this brand of irons!

Rowenta DX1900 is not worth the money!

This is the second Rowenta that I have owned. The first one I had for years....It was great. This model is the worst iron I have ever had. It shuts off randomly while I am trying to use it. I haven't owned it a month yet. Rowenta is making me send it to a service center at my expense......I will not buy another one!!!!

Rowenta "Effective" Iron 1600 W

Comments about Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I gave up a wonderful iron to buy this, and was anxious to use an iron that didn't need distilled water, so it seemed as thought this would be more useful. I was very wrong. I found that I had to empty the iron each time I used it. This is so inconvenient. I left the water in the iron, and in a few weeks, I had rust spots on a white shirt. I quickly got those out, but stopped using the "steam option," as it was just too time-consuming. The 1600 W is not enough to iron oxford shirts, and I wear them a lot. Despite what other reviews show, I am so disappointed in this iron that I want to throw it out every time I use it. I'm gettig a different product as soon as I have time!

• Safety:

I have always loved to iron and my Rowenta makes it more enjoyab

from Dunellen, NJ

Comments about Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I still iron a lot of my clothes and enjoy setting up the ironing board, turning on the tv and ironing away.  I'm sure it's part of some psychological "conundrum" for control.  But the appearance of my family and myself always makes me proud.

So many other things in life are out of our control, but wash and ironing is one thing we can always control.  The Rowenta makes the time I spend ironing enjoyable.  It heats up quickly, provides even steam, a good spray and is not too heavy to use.  My arms do not get tired.

I have tried other irons and eventually they spit and sputter and give uneven heat, not the rowenta.

So far so good!

from Durham, NC

Comments about Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I have had the Rowenta Effective 1900 for almost 5 years now and it has worked great so far. I am not a big ironer but I do sew so it gets some mileage from that. It is heavy, which I like in an iron, and durable. I like that it has a self-cleaning feature so I don't have to worry about keeping distilled water around for the iron. I like the automatic shut-off when I am ironing clothes and run off and get distracted but when I am sewing I want the iron to stay on while I go back and forth from the sewing machine to the ironing board. So not to be too picky but I'd really like it if there were a way to turn the "automatic off" off. But other than that it is a really nice iron and I think it should last which is important to me

Rowenta works

from Cerritos, CA

Comments about Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off:

Rowenta is one of the best names in home clothes irons. It's heavy enough to actually iron your clothes flat, employs an air glide surface to move smoothly over your clothes, and doesn't burn them! I don't have much space in my apartment and I don't particularly like rolling up the cord for this every time, so I appreciate the auto roll-up feature. Many people living in houses may like the sturdy non-roll up cord because it's one less thing to break and it looks nicer - otherwise there's not much different between this and most of the other models besides wattage. The professional version is about as good as it gets without getting into specialty products. You don't need a fancy ironing board, just one that breathes through [not a table] and you'll be fine! My mother never had a problem with Rowenta [she had a couple of others before and had problems with burning or water spilling out randomly, or even calcification]. The Rowenta does a pretty good job at preventing calcification. The auto-off is a good safety feature and peace of mind.

Leaks all over my clothes

from Bulverde, TX

Comments about Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I had gone through 3 irons in the past 5 years and was really sick of bargain irons that didn't do the job and seemed to break down too easily. I decided to spring for what I had heard was the best iron on the market, A Rowenta! I checked them out and decided on the DX1900 because of the auto shut-off feature. From the first day I used it it leaked water onto my clothes to be ironed. but I dismissed it as because the iron was brand new. Over the next several times this pattern repeated itself ove r and over again. The finished product was fine after I had completed the ironging but many times I had water spots that needed to be gone over and so my ironing time was actually longer in the long run. Plus the iron botom became streaked and cloudy from the leaking water. I tried cleaning itt several times and had I not had to leave town because of a family illness I would have returned the iron. By the time I returned home it was too late. I would NOT buy a Rowenta again.

BURNY CLOTHES

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off:

HELLO THERE FOLKS MY IRON WENT OUT AND I SAW THIS ROWENTA DX1900. WELL I USED IT WITH NO PROBLEM FOR ABOUT A MONTH. THEN I WAS MULITITASKING CHOIRS AT HOME IRON WASHING CLOTHES CLEANING KITCHEN AND I SMELLED SMOKE IT WAS THE IRONING BOARD SKIRT AND BOTTOM OF SHIRT SMOLDERING. I GUESS THE AUTO SWITCH DID NOT CUT THE IRON OFF. WITH IT NOT BEING IN USE AFTER YOU USE IT IT IS SUPPOSE TO CUT OF IF THE IRON HAS NO MOVEMENT AND LEFT ON WELL IT DID SERVERAL TIME BEFORE AND THIS TIME IT FAILED. WELL THE STORE DID NOT TAKE IT BACK SAID IT WAS A MANUFATURES ERROR SO I CALLED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER OF THE COMPANY AND SENT THEM THE IRON BACK. THEY SENT ME A REPLACEMENT IRON IN THE MAIL WITH AN APPOLIGY LETTER. SO I GOT THE NEW ONE AND IT HAS WORK LIKE A CHARM. SO JUST BEWARE YOU MIGHT EXPERIENCE THIS PORBLEM WITH THIS IRON AS I DID  BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER WAS VERY POLITE HANDLING THIS ISSUE FOR ME .

I love my Rowenta DX1900. I won't iron with anything else.

from New Brunswick, NJ

Comments about Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off:

The Rowenta Effective DX1900 Iron with Auto Shut-off is fabulous. Rowenta is known as a high quality brand. This iron has heft, but is easy to manage. The features I really like about this product are the anti-calc water tank (where I live, we have very hard water). It produces steam evenly, consistently, and heats up quickly. A retractable cord means it is easy to put away when I am done.

A feature I have on most heat-up appliances is the auto-off feature. As a busy parent, I get distracted, or have to run out of the house to take someone to soccer practice. It eases my mind not to have to wonder if I turned off the iron.

This product cuts ironing time in half because the iron does all the work - the heat, steam, and weight presses out wrinkles with ease.

The self-cleaning feature is also a plus. I have found that this brand does not leak water, or spray crud all over the clothes as do some lesser brands.

The Rowenta Effective DX1900 is a remarkable iron.

from Freeport, NY

Comments about Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off:

This iron is remarkable.  I love the options of using steam or not.  I love the steamming results because I don't have to iron one leg of pants at a time.  the steam is so effective that if you iron just one side of an article, you don't have to turn it over to do the other side.  I also love that the cord is reelable, no wrapping the cord around, leaving it to dangle or laying all over the floor.  With all this said, if you forget to unplug it,  no worries, it shuts off itself!!!!!!!!!! This iron is great.  Also, if you leave water in it, it does not ruin your clothes the next time you go to use it.  Again, this iron is great and I would give this to anyone(even those who hate to iron).  This will be the last iron you will buy!!!!!!!

I love this iron!

from Plainville, CT

Comments about Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I bought this iron for my husband, yes you heard me right, for Christmas at least 4 years ago and it still works like new!  We use it every day.  The best function on this iron is that it has great bursts of steam to press out those nasty wrinkles.

It also has the automatic shut off function that comes in very handy in our household.  Safety features are extremely important for us! Also, having a retractable cord is a time saver and a great safety feature as well.  You never have to worry about the cord getting wound up and knotted or a short in it.

The stainless steel plate allows the iron to glide over your clothes, effortlessly!

The temperature settings are great because you can iron even the most delicate clothing without worry.  In the same respect, I had to iron my daughter's girl scout badges and the iron was able to be set at just the perfect temperature to handle the job!

Overall, this iron is perfect for a family on the go!

My Rowenta Effective iron is just average.

from Sarasota, FL

Comments about Rowenta Effective Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I always thougt that a Rowenta iron was the top of the line.  I don't know if this is because of the top of the line price, or if I heard it from someone.  Anyway, that was my perception.  So when my husband decided we should get a Rowenta (I guess he thought the same thing) I was happy to pay the extra to get a great iron.  AFter using it a number of times, I can truly say I'm underwhelmed.  I really can't find many redeeming features about this iron.  The first thing i noticed that I was not happy about was that the dial for controlling the settings is directly beneath the handle.  The handle is in the way!  Not a good design idea.  It also seems to go through a lot of water - but I do suppose that means a lot of steam.  It's also on the heavy side.  Other than that, I think it's a good strong iron and gets the job done.  It will probably last forever.  I believe in paying for quaity - but that doesn't always mean a product is worth the extra money.  This isn't a bad iron - it's just not great.