View more electric toothbrushes

3.9
Other Electric Toothbrushes:
Rotadent

3.9

Teeth have never looked so good!

My dentist recommended that I use the Rotadent Professional Rotary toothbrush, so I bought it. At first, I didn't like it at all. It seemed too difficult to use. It was difficult to control and it tickled my mouth so badly that I could barely stand the sensation. But, I persevered and I'm here to say that I am so happy I did!

It takes a little time to get used to using this toothbrush, but once you do, it's well worth the effort. My teeth have never been so white, nor have they ever felt so clean.

This toothbrush comes with three heads, one for flossing and two for brushing. There is also a tongue cleaner, which I don't use, and plastic toothpicks if you are into those. Anyway, back to the flossing head: I didn't use it at first, but now I use it every day. It truly makes a difference in cleaning between my teeth. It looks too big for flossing, but looks can be deceiving. It does an excellent job.

On my last visit to the dentist a couple of weeks ago, he said I was doing an excellent job of keeping the plaque off my teeth. Now, I was always one to brush, floss, and use lots of Listerine, but I've had much better checkups since using this toothbrush. I would recommend it to anyone.

The Rotadent is as good as the amount of time put into it.

The Rotadent Electric Toothbrush is very thorough oral care. My dental hygienist, whose opinion I respect, recommended it to me and stated she thought it was the best toothbrush she had ever...Read complete review

The Rotadent Electric Toothbrush is very thorough oral care. My dental hygienist, whose opinion I respect, recommended it to me and stated she thought it was the best toothbrush she had ever seen.

It gets between teeth and into most places a regular toothbrush misses. It even has different heads for getting into tighter spaces. It also reduces plaque and bacteria.

It comes with a stand so it can be left on the counter and, after recharging, will last about two weeks-worth of brushing.

If you are willing to spend more time on your teeth, it is well worth the money, and will probably mean less time in the dentist's chair. But because of the minute size of the head it does take quite a bit longer to brush -- it forces you to be more thorough. It is probably better suited for use before bedtime when you are not rushing to get to work. A good way to look at it is "do I want more time or more teeth?"

JUNK, BAIT and SWITCH company

from Plainfield, Illinois

About Me Frequent User

Pros

Cons

• Wears Out Quickly

Comments about Rotadent Electric Toothbrush:

I purchased this from my dentist. It came with a LIFETIME warranty. When it no longer worked the representative told me that the new one had a 1 year warranty. I explained that the original had a LIFETIME warranty and was told that it was no longer offered even thogh that is what I paid for. Bait and switch company! Scam artists! Do not buy!

Will not last and not worth the price

Comments about Rotadent Electric Toothbrush:

I have had two of these and now on my third as a replacement. The only reason I purchased the second one was that the warranty stated it was under warranty for as long as I owned it, which is false. The second one went bad and I was told that they did not make that one any longer the one I was receiving was only under warranty for 2 years not lifetime and the unit looks identical to the one I had. I will never buy another one and hope someone takes them to court about this warranty.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Professional Clean Feeling Everytime

from Irving, TX

Comments about Rotadent Electric Toothbrush:

I'm a dental assistant, and never heard of this toothbrush before until I started my new office. Looks kinda weird and different, but get in between the tightest places. It is a bit expensive, but worth a great healthy smile.

Keep your smile healthy with the Rotadent Electric Toothbrush.

from Ft Mitchell, KY

Comments about Rotadent Electric Toothbrush:

I went to a new dentist about 8 years ago only to find out that I had a gum disease.  I needed ongoing special treatment for this.  As part of the treatment I was given a Rotadent Electric Toothbrush.  I love it and would never use anything else.

The Rotadent came with 2 brush types, flat head and pointed head.  The flat head brush is for every day use. The pointed head is for extra cleaning in those hard to reach places, between your teeth, which is what I really needed.  It also came with a stand for the toothbrush and the adapter.

The speed of the brush is fantastic.  It's so easy and effortless to use.  It really does all the work for you.  I noticed after the first use how stimulated my gums felt.  I honestly don't think that a regular toothbrush could clean your teeth as well as the Rotadent.

If you are looking for a toothbrush that cleans your teeth as well as the dentist does then this is the toothbrush for you.  I'd recommend it for everyone.

The Rotadent is as good as the amount of time put into it.

from Sanford, FL

Comments about Rotadent Electric Toothbrush:

Teeth have never looked so good!

from Mauldin, SC

from Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Comments about Rotadent Electric Toothbrush:

**Rotadent Electric Toothbrush is not the best toothbrush. i would recommend just buying a regular toothbrush. because you still have to move it like you would a regular one or else it wont work. it doesnt clean your teeth good at all. and then when it does rotate, it causes your gums to bleed and be very sensitive. so get a normal tooth brush instead of this. and the toothpaste that you put on it, makes the toothbrush run hot because it gets the battery hot and wet. which isnt a good thing at all when it comes to your toothbrush. i do not like this toothbrush. it causes a lot of gum bleeding and discomfort.so just get another toothbrush. or either a new set of teeth because once you are done, your teeth will "hurt'**

This is not the best rotadent tooth brush

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Rotadent Electric Toothbrush:

I do not like this tooth brush what so ever. it is hard to find replaceable pieces at walmart and k-mart, walgreens, etc. I don't have a credit card so I cannot order them online. So it was a wasste of money buying this when i would only use it until the things needed changed. I seen online too that the brissles are expensive so that would make it another reason why i dont like this tooth brush if I did have a credit card. Also it is almost like a "cheap material" i think. you still have to use it like you would a regular tooth brush, the spinning doesn't really do much like it says it will. so you might as well just buy a regular tooth brush, it will SAVE TIME and MONEY. the only bright side about this is that my son enjoys chewing on it since he is teething haha.

The Rotadent is an awesome electric toothbrush!

from Duluth, GA

Comments about Rotadent Electric Toothbrush:

The Rotadent is an awesome electric toothbrush! I would definitely recommend this toothbrush to everyone. This brush is extremely soft and has rounded brush ends. It is great for those patients with sensitive teeth, or those with periodontal diesease. It works great for orthodontic patients because the long-pointed brush head can get underneath the orthodontic wires for easy plaque and food removal. It has recently been remodeled and has a lithium ion battery so it can't be overcharged. This brush has a continuous timer that beeps every 30 seconds as a reminder to change your arch position. Your teeth will feel just like you have been to the dentist. Your gums will be healthier than they have ever been and your mouth will feel the freshest. Try Rotadent today, you'll be glad you did!

Tooth Massager!

from Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Comments about Rotadent Electric Toothbrush:

I love, love, LOVE my Rotadent! It is like getting a massage every night. My dentist recommended it and I have been satisfied with it ever since. Not only does it reach those in-between places, but it also stimulates the gums with a delightful tickling sensation! My gums have improved immensely, and are healthier than ever. My teeth feel cleaner too.

At first I thought it was pretty expensive, but it lasts forever; you just need to replace the head every so often. They are a little expensive too, but nothing else gives you this clean, thorough cleaning/massage. I particularly like the tickling sensation the Rotadent gives. It has improved my overall Oral Health and my dental hygienist is very pleased with my progress. I no longer get the "need to improve" lectures when I go in for my dental check ups.

The Rotadent is also well made and has held up for a long time. I bought one for my son as well, and he is tough on things, but his has held up well too. We both have discussed how much we miss our Rotadents if we spend the night somewhere else and forget to pack it. We can't wait to get home and use it!

Gum problems have been linked to heart problems and tooth loss and I firmly believe the Rotadent is a huge deterrant to these problems. It is a great preventative measure that can make a huge difference in one's health.