Other Washing Machines:
Top Load Washers
RTW4100SQ
Roper Top Load Washer

Roper Top Load Washer

Pros

• Energy efficient (4)
  • Adjustable settings (3)
  • Clean clothes well (3)
  • Large capacity (3)
  • Quiet (3)

Cons

• Everyday clothes (4)
  • Bedding (3)
  • Delicate (3)
  • Towels (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (5)

Great choice for people on a budget

This was the first brand new clothes washer I have ever bought. I did a bit of research online and talked with the employee at the store and while this is clearly a entry-level washing machine, it is made by Whirlpool and works well.

I wash at least 1 load of laundry a day and have owned this unit for 8 months. It gets HEAVY use and I haven't had a single problem yet.

I like that the washer is not super fancy. I am not a super fancy kind of person. All I really want is clean clothes and if that is what you are looking for and you are on a budget, this is the washer for you.

It has 7 different washing settings. And for me, these are enough! I cannot imagine a washing machine with more settings...why would you need that? In fact, I probably only use 3 of the settings.

It also has 2 temperature settings (hot, cold), which works for me since I only wash on cold (for environmental reasons). Maybe this might be a con for some people who like more settings.

If you are looking for a machine that is easy to use, stays clean, and works well with heavy use, this is a great starter machine. I am hoping to get many more years of use from this machine.

DO NOT BUY!!!

I have had this washer less than a year and I've had it serviced every couple of months. I think everything that can be replaced on this washer has been. It is an absolute nightmare! We have to wait for a week before someone comes out to fix it, leading us to head to the laundromat. I can't go more than a month without this thing breaking down now! I have lost several pairs of pants from them getting stuck under the agitator as well! If I could give this less than a star I would!! HORRIBLE PIECE OF MACHINERY!

I really like this machine

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I purchased this washer as an emergency replacement and frankly didn't expect it to perform as well as it does, or to last very long, so its great performance over more years than I expected has been a pleasant surprise. It cleans very well for a simple model with a fairly inexpensive price tag.

There are no frills on this washer, it has very basic settings, yet functions quite well for a bare bones model. I've washed everything from delicate silks to heavily mud encrusted rugs, and have never had a problem with damaging the textiles or getting anything to come clean. It's especially good for removing pet hair, and the tub itself wipes clean easily.

It does seem to unbalance more easily with heavy loads or larger single items than some of the more expensive washers I've owned, which is just a matter of redistributing the load and isn't a major problem. There is a minor design flaw with the rim of the tub peeling that's mostly esthetic and doesn't affect the performance.

For the money, I really think this is a great washer.

• Cleaning Time:

Very good hardworking washing machine

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

When we had a Roper washing machine it was a very dependable and hard working product. The only reason we don't have it now is because we had to sell our house and we decided to leave the washer and dryer there. We had it for 12 years when we moved and never had any problems with it. Hopefully the people that have the house still have it. It really served the purpose for us and cleaned the clothes very well and we did large loads of clothes.

Energy Efficiency
It was very energy efficient and we used it almost everyday.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time was reasonable and the water use was fine. We did many loads of laundry.

The performance was fine. It worked great and we were very happy with it.

It was very easy to use,just set it and go about your other household work.

The design was good,it was average and not fancy which suited me just fine.

It was a very durable and hard working washing machine. It would work well for any family.

Roper Washer

from Darlington, WI

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

Having alot of animals I do alot of laundry pet odors and fine hair.I almost never use hot water and everything always comes out smelling fresh and clean.I had initially wanted a front loader but am totlly happy got this one.Have purchased more exspensive machines in past this machine gives same results so why pay more.It is energy efficient with all the levels of water and cycles dependig on clothing.Has cleaned my King Comforter with no prblem great for ay family.I would definately by another in future.

Energy Efficiency
Oh heavens has yor water levels and temperatues.my electric bill went down after getting this and the dryer in this day nd age who could ask for more.

Cleaning Time
Approximtely 1/2 hour depending on water level of course and setting used just enough time to multi task in between.

I can't say enough has never left stains on clothes frm the grubby mechanic in house.Pet hair and odors taken care of also.

Well set it forget it.With all the settings and water levels even the children can do it.

Originally wanted a front loader but glad opted for this one.When you have a bad back hard to bend over,All buttond and print on machine are very easy to see and adjust.Good for plder people who can't see.

I just Love the fact I can wash even my heavy King Comforter,Winter Jackets,Pillows with ease and the come out clean and smelling good as well as spun out well.

Reliable washer!

from Provo, UT

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

This washer is fabulous! I am partial towards the traditional washers though, because I think they get my clothes cleaner and I don't have as much of a hard time with needing to repair them. It is louder, but the agitator gets my clothes cleaner, and it doesn't rock back and forth. This is a great washer!

Energy Efficiency
It is not top of the line in energy efficiency, but is cleaned quickly.

Cleaning Time
An extra large load typically takes about 20 minutes, which is super fast.

This cleans the clothes very well.

Very easy to use, only two dials to use.

This is the typical top loading washer, and has the agitator.

Very durable, we have had no problems, and it seems very heavy duty.

Roper Top Load Washers are a great, basic washing machine

from Spanish Fork, UT

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I love my Roper Top Load Washer. I've had it for over 5 years now and it has help up perfectly. I have not had anything break or malfunction. It cleans my clothes really well and stays smelling fresh with minimal maintenance. It is easy to keep clean. It doesn't have a very large capacity, so smaller loads work best.

Energy Efficiency
I don't know enough about Energy Efficiency to say a lot about this, but it washes clothes quickly, so I imagine it's doing an alright job in this area.

Cleaning Time
Loads are done in a small amount of time.

This washing machine does a great job and effectively cleaning clothing.

This machine is very easy to use and understanding how to use each cycle is easy, as well.

This is a very basic machine. There is nothing especially great about the way it looks, but it doesn't look awful, either. It's a very classic design.

I have had this machine for over five years and haven't had any issues with it. Nothing has broken or malfunctioned.

• Cleaning Time:

High quality washing machine at an affordable price.

from New Albin, IA

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

Great washing machine. Quiet, efficent, and does an excellent job!
Very simple machine with just the basic settings, but it has all that one would need. Very easy to use and keep clean. Cuts through stains great, no matter which detergent I have used.

Quick cycles.

Gets our clothes clean every time.

Great washer

from Medaryville, IN

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

Love this washer. Has lasted for a long time. No problems. Family of 5 using it. With 3 children there is always laundry to do.

Cleaning Time
No long wait on the cycle to finish.

Has held up for a lot of wash loads.

Easy to figure all the setting.

No problems with it holding up.

excellent value

from Millington, TN

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I purchased the top loading Roper washing machine 15 years ago. It has run perfectly and continues to d so. I wash clothes for a family of 5 and we do about 15 loads of laundry a week.

Energy Efficiency
it is not very effecient in terms of water usage.

Running at least a load a day for 15 years with no problems

from Grant, MI

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

This Roper Washer, is in my opinion the top of the line in regular, top load washing machines. I have used it every day for 15 years now with absolutly no problem.

Have replaced all the hoses once, and probably about time again.

It does a fair sized load and washes everything, from dirty work clothes to delicate permanant press item with equal ease and excellent results.

All told, I would buy it again, though it was a bit pricier than I wanted to pay at the initial purchase, it has paid for itself many times over in reliability , over the years.

Highly recommended!