4.1

• Energy Efficiency:
    • Cleaning Time:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)

I was pleasantly surprised by how well this machine cleans.

I read the reviews on this machine before deciding to make the purchased. I was a bit leary about buying a machine that had a locking lid but it has only proven to be a minor irritation. I do not have any issues with this machine as far as how clean it gets my clothes. I haven't had any issues with color run off with cold or warm cycles. It runs fairly quiet and the spin cycle isn't loud at all. It was easy to level the machine too and my house doesn't feel as if a train is passing by everytime I do my laundry.

Energy Efficiency
I haven't had any issues with this machine. It is supposed to use less water and it has all cold wash cycle options as well as rinse cycle options so I can be more energy efficient. I also feel as if the clean is just as well with the cold wash.

Cleaning Time
The wash cycle seems to complete fully in about 50 minutes to an hour. It doesn't take too long. A word of caution though, if you stop the cycle and wait too long to restart it, the machine will drain and restart the entire process.

I wish this machine dashed a little harder but for the soiled clothes I wash, I have no issues at all.

This machine is very easy to use. I set the water temperature, set the load size, and set it to the cycle I prefer and then hit start.

I personally prefer a top load washer. My only qualm is that it is a bit tall. I don't have any real issues but I do feel as if I am going to fall in sometimes trying to grab the last few socks off of the bottom of the machine.

I've had my machine a couple months now and everything seems to be going well.

Basic is all you need

This is the first washing machine I ever bought and I bought it as a mixed set for really cheap but still brand new. It's very basic but it does the trick. Not too many settings to confuse you so it's very easy to use. You have the one dial that has small or large load. And then you have the water dial for your hot and cold and short or longer settings. I really liked it because it did everything I needed it to do. The only thing it lacked was a spout to pour in your liquid fabric softner. It's not that I really missed it but it would've been nice to have that option. We've had a couple of problems with it but nothing to serious. We've had it for 7 years so maybe that's why. After the whole spin cycle is done we still have completely wet clothes. I'm not sure if something is stuck in the spinner and it's not spinning but this has happened a couple of times. Other then that, very nice and basic.

This is a great machine!

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I purchased this machine with only two of us in the family. It is great for us but would also work well for a family.

Energy Efficiency
My electric bill has not gone up since i made this purchase - the only evidence of energy efficiency that I can see.

Cleaning Time
This machine runs no longer or shorter than other machines.

Cleans great!

As an older person who has difficulty with most electronic items, I have found this to be easy to use.

A washer is a washer.

So far, so good.

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

Best washer for the price

from Brownsville, PA

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I just bought this washer 2 months ago and it has been running well so far. I just wanted to review the product because there is one really big thing that annoys me about it. The washer is supposed to have three speed settings: normal, gentle, and permanent press. I am definitely not a fan of hand washing or dry cleaning gentle clothing items, and this washer, while very economical, isn't gentle. That is actually my only complaint about the washing machine. The "gentle" cycle is actually the same speed as the other cycles.. it sounds very rough and fast. The gentle part is that it intermittently stops for short periods before bursting into another fast cycle.

Other than that complaint, the washer isn't too noisy, it handles large loads well and seems to clean clothes really thoroughly. What I really love about the washer is that the water level settings are great. The small load function doesn't use too much water like other washers I've used, and the largest setting is great. Also, when the cycle finishes, the clothes aren't very wet. The wash time is short, and it helps cut down on dry time too! It's a great washer for the price.

Great for the money

from Manchaug, MA

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I purchased this washing machine a couple of weeks before my daughter was born. It was one of the lesser priced washing machines and I felt that I made a gamble buying it because I had never heard of the brand before. I was delighted to find out that it worked extremely well! I use it almost daily for my family between clothing and towels. It has held up great. It can be a little noisy which is unfortunate because the hookups are in my kitchen. I just have to ensure that we do not do a load of laundry at dinner time or prime phone call time. It is well worth it for the money and I would highly recommend it to anyone especially those on a budget. I recommend the matching dryer to go along with it as well!

Basic is all you need

from Walhalla, ND

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

Roper brand is a good deal

from Kingston, PA

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I purchased my Roper washing machine 3 years ago and am very happy with it. I was told by the sales person that Roper is made my Whirlpool so that helped me in making the decision to purchase it. We keep our washing machine & dryer in the basement so I'm not too concerned with the style of the machine, just the function. Compared to my old washer it definitely out performs. This washer is much faster, holds more clothes and gets the stains out of some items I thought were ruined. It is quiet & seldom rocks (when it does it is my fault for over loading or not distruibuting the weight evenly in the machine.) It uses less water, too. Not sure about the electricity usage though. I have not had to have this washing machine serviced in any way since I purchased it. I would recommend this machine to any one and will look for the Roper brand name next time that I need to purhase a new washer or dryer.

Love this Roper Washing Machine!

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

We purchased this Roper Washing Machine about a year and a half ago and we have had no problems what so ever.  I do laundry everyday and it has held up for us.  I felt that the price on this washer was just right compared to the other washing machines we were looking at. And we did not want to spend a ton of money on a washing machine at the time.  Roper is made by whirlpool so we thought why not give it a try.  You never know until you do try it. I feel that I can fit my entire load in there every time with no problems.  It does have the setting for warm or cold right on the nozzle so there are no extra buttons to push.  The only down fall I found is that it doesn't have an extra rinse cycle which I like to use once in a while but to me that is no big deal. It is not the fanciest washer out there, just basic but it works for us and I would recommend giving this brand a try. I feel that you won't be dissappointed.

Great washer

from Norman Park, GA

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

This washer is the bomb!  It works really fast; therefore, it doesn't take as long for me to wash as it did before.  It has a gentle cycle for those delicate clothes, so I rarely have to wash anything by hand anymore.  I love it!

I love it!

from Jemison, AL

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

I've owned this model for several months now and it has never given me any trouble. It's never even been off balance. I'm a busy mom who is handicapped and this **Roper RAB5232E Washer works great and makes a great fit into our lifestyle. I don't mind paying extra for quality but there's no need to. This little washer fits right in!**