3.2

3.2

A Fairly Good Washing Machine

from Spring Hill, FL

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

It does a fairly good job of washing clothes and has settings for small medium large and extra large. I did notice however that it is made very tinny. Like most of the appliances nowadays. Nothing like the old days when things held up. It is also much noisier when it is washing compared to my previous Maytag brand.

Great washer for the money!

from Pleasant Shade, TN

Pros

Cons

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

We replaced another washing machine after only 1 years worth of use with our Roper. VERY happy. We use it everyday -- having 6 people in our family. It has not given us any problems . Very reliable. Quiet in use. Conservative with water. No extra gadgets -- which we find break much sooner. Our other machine, which will remain nameless, we paid over twice the amount for -- had all the little bells and whistles -- and broke! So, we decided to stick to a basic, no nonsense machine. I use cold water for all my wash and it gets them all very clean, without the use of "cold" water detergent -- even our boys -- which can give any machine a run for it's money! We also liked it's size -- not too big, but the load size it did was comparible with the much more pricey machines. So for us, back to the basics works! We will definitely be back to purchase another one after our move. We are very happy with it's performance.

A good washer

from Bristow, VA

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

Recently I was looking for a washer that was a good value but not on the high end side.  I selected the top loader from Roper.  The machine holds a extra large load easily, washes them well and the spin cycle is excellent.  The down side is the length of time the hot water enters the tub.  Other than that, this is an excellent washing machine to purchase.  It is easy to install.  There are no hard buttons to figure out.  The warranty is easy to figure out and mail in.  I would recommend this product.

Cheaply made

from Wewahitchka, FL

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

This washing machine was fairly cheap price and I thought I was getting a good deal but all I got was a load of problems.  At first the washing machine worked great, it was fairly quite and washed clothes good.  But over time I noticed the dasher start slipping and making a horrible noise.  eventually the dasher completely quit turning.  When I called someone to come take a look at it they said  it had to be repaired because all the plastic gears were stripped away, so we bought a new dasher and thought we had solved the problem but then the new dasher started stripping so we had to start washing smaller loads of clothes.  This seemed to work for a while but it then started shaking the whole house beacuse it was out of balance.  I would not recommend anyone buying this washing machine to expect it to last very long,  It would be ok for someone that was single with no kids or lots of clothes to wash.  Overall if you are looking for a good washing machine maybe you should try another brand.

A good stable washer

from Highland, NY

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

This is a pretty good washer and I never had any problems with it. The size is a bit small inside so you might be doing couple loads for a big pile of clothes, and if you try to over stuff it the clothes simply won't get washed properly. But over all I do like this washer and think it's good.

Budget right, but needs repairs after only two years of use.

from Powhatan, VA

Comments about Roper Top Load Washer:

This machine is budget friendly, but after only about two years of moderate use, it has started to have problems with the water intake.  The cold water will not turn off after the machine is full.We have had several episodes of soggy, flooded floors to clean up and let dry taking days.

We haven't fixed the machine yet.  We just hand cut the water off and old.  Estimates on the cost of a service call are not worth it or the price we paid originally.