3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Drying workhorse....

I got this dryer to replace the GE I had for what seems like an eternity. At first I was a bit skeptical of the Roper name. I was not at all familiar with it, but after some research, I found that it was a division of Whirlpool; an dso I felt a bit more confident about it. I like the extra large door opening and how quiet it runs. My old one really let you know when it was running, so this one was a real treat!!! It dries thoroughly and quickly. My towels come out nice and fluffy too. The model that I have has a sensor on it that enables the dryer to run on a cooler setting once the items get closer to dry, which saves on energy. The lint screen has easy access since it is on top. It is a simple model (not a whole bunch of buttons and settings), and personally, I consider that a plus. I only need it to do one thing: dry...and that it does extremely well. So if you are looking for a dryer with not a whole lot of bells and whistles, but that gets the job done; this is one to consider.

Worst ever!!!

I got a roper because the salesman told me how great it was and that it was by whirlpool. The biggest mistake of my life. I see now that the salesman was just a person who got put in sales and was out to make a buck. The Kenmoore that i had was over 20 years old, I replaced it only because it was getting old and I didn't want it to break down on me. Well in hind sight I should have held on to it. The roper didn't come close to the Kenmoore, It takes forever to dry a load of clothes, it keeps shutting itself down and i'm sure it's costing me a lot more each month to do laundry. What use to take about 2 hours now takes me most of the day.....no joke. I'll never buy anything that has Roper or Whirlpool on it ever again!!!!!

goood

from Jordan

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
  • Quiet
  • Works Quickly

Cons

• Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Sheets & Mattress Covers

Comments about Roper Gas Dryer:

It's a very good contains many and varied and has a high, easy to use and load specifications and advantages of the best buys everyone

This dryer is one of the best that I have ever had! It even dries bulky loads evenly with no wrinkles! The lint filter is large, sturdy, and easy to remove and replace. The control panel appears very clear and easy to use

I throw my clothes in, set controls, relax and get my wrinkle-free laundry!! Every time!! I'd also like to point out that the instruction manual that came with it is very thorough and helpful.

I purchased the Samsung Electric Dryer at the same time I purchased the Samsung Washer so that they would match and I really enjoy the combination set
    .................................................................................................................................................
    very nice and new

Don't buy

from Deland Florida

Comments about Roper Gas Dryer:

Lasted 1 year and 6 months brand new from Lowes. Of course the warranty was for only a year. No good. Buyer beware

Lower Bills

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Roper Gas Dryer:

I have always owned electric dryers in the past, and I had actually never heard of the brand Roper before. So, naturally, I was a bit hesitant to try the Roper Gas Dryer. My previous home had a gas hook up capability in the laundry room, and with gas prices being so much lower than electricity prices, I decided to give it a try.
    Overall, this is an average dryer. There is nothing special or fancy about it, which I really like. It performs just as well as electric dryers that I have previously owned.
    However, the biggest benefit for my family came in the cost efficiency of being able to use gas rather than electricity. Our home ran on gas for heating of both the air as well as the water. I really saw the savings when I switched to a gas dryer. I guess I never realized just how much electricity was being used by my electric dryers.

Load Capacity
    Basic size

Performs just the same as an electric dryer

Easy to use, no fancy bells or whistles

Roper dryer

from Rockford, IL

Comments about Roper Gas Dryer:

What a great dryer, we have had this dryer for few years and it still does afantastic job fo drying the clothes. It does great job and is quite quick at drying clothes, and we have a lot of laundry. We usually do at least two loads a day or more. It usually doesn't take more then a half and hour to forty five minutes to dry a nornal size load of clothes, The clothes come out looking nice and it is easy to use. Nice settings for haevy use and delicates. A fluff dry for refreshing things. The lint trap is easy to get to and pull out to lcean, The dryer is pretty quiet too.

Load Capacity
    Teh load capacity is huge. I can dry sheets nad blankets at the same time with no rpoble, I can put lots of jeans and toweels and it dries them like it did the first day we hadd it.

Excelelnt performance, dries fast and nice.

Very easy to use, different settings for delicates and heavy loads, easy to use and clean the lint trap.

This is very durable, we have had it for a few years now and it still dries like it idid when we first got it.

I liek the design matches well

It simply works.

from Ripley, OK

Comments about Roper Gas Dryer:

We wash a lot of clothes, and I have had this dryer for nearly 5 years and it has yet to fail me in any capacity.  More than great for the price.  I'd buy another in a heartbeat. However, the only reason that I gave this appliance a 4 out of 5-star rating... is that the dryer vent is sometimes messy to clean and occassionally the lint falls to the bottom where you cannot get it back out. Also, it is getting a little bit louder when it runs now... but that hasn't affected the drying capability. We have been pretty tough on this machine, by driying big loads and also pet blankets with no problems. I especially like the energy saver function that senses when clothes are dry...so you don't waste a lot of electricity! In addition, my husband and I also bought the matching washer and it is great too! You just cannot go wrong with this simple and effective appliance. For the money, it is unbeatable!

After almost seven years, I find myself re-drying some loads of laundry. Maybe I am putting too-large of a load in?

Drying workhorse....

from Lilburn, GA

Comments about Roper Gas Dryer:

Roper Extra Heavy Duty Dryer, Love at first sight!

from Asheville, NC

Comments about Roper Gas Dryer:

I am so happy with my Roper Heavy Duty Dryer.  It has been a joy to use from day one.  The Roper Heavy Duty Washer and Dryer Set may not have cost a fortune to buy, but they sure run like we paid a whole lot of money for them.  The dryer has an extra large capacity and therefore you are not as likely to end up with wrinkled clothes.  The many cycles to pick from are excellent. I would certainly buy this set again and would recommend it to anyone.

Roper dryer is good for the price.

from Loganville, GA

Comments about Roper Gas Dryer:

You will get what you paid for with this dryer.  It is a good purchase for the money paid.  It does what it is meant to do and doesn't use a lot of power.  I have to dry smaller loads or it won't dry in one cycle.  I have to clean the lint trap daily or the dryer and the clothes inside become a mess.  But still...a good dryer for the cost. You can't expect a maytag for the store brand price!

SKIP IT!

from Saint Albans, WV

Comments about Roper Gas Dryer:

I recently purchased the Roper washer and dryer set.  Have had no issues with the washer, but the dryer has been a disaster since day one.  It will only dry clothes on the Very Dry setting and not very well at that sometimes.  Was told the hose may be crimped...as if the installers didn't know this?  Have pulled the dryer out, same results.

Roper "Heavy Duty" dryer takes many cycles to dry clothes

from Ames, IA

Comments about Roper Gas Dryer:

When I moved into my new apartment, they had these Roper washer and dryers installed. After using them for a few months, I took the washer and dryer I owned out of the garage, put the Ropers in the garage and now I am happy! For the record, the washer and dryer I own are Whirlpools - real Whirlpools, not the Roper, which is the lowest quality washer and dryer made by the Whirlpool company.

This is the Roper Heavy Duty Extra-large capacity model. It has 5 cycles: timed dry on low and high heat, and auto sense dry. Auto sense is for more dry, less dry, and a setting with a star which supposedly lets the dryer judge when your clothes are dry. The timed dry only goes up to 30 minutes, both for high and low heat. It buzzes when the cycle is over.

It's not extra large capacity. It's no bigger than any other dryer at that price point, and nothing to write home about. And if you do load it up, it takes more than one drying cycle (sometimes up to four) to dry the clothes completely. Even with loads with no jeans or bath towels it has taken more than one drying cycle to dry the clothes. I have used the timed heat, and the more dry and star settings. Those auto settings are supposed to save energy because of the dryness sensor. My energy bills did not rise sharply when I replaced the Ropers with my Whirlpools. Of course, there are many reasons for fluctuations in an energy bill, but with the claims of energy saving, you'd think getting rid of them would make a big difference. It did not.

It's a clothes *dryer*, which implies that it will make moisture go away from clothes. It does that, but it takes forever, because you need to put the clothes in for more than one cycle or split up the wet clothes into smaller loads.

It gets a star above poor because yes, it does dry clothes faster than a clothesline, but what a pain. You get what you pay for.