Other Clothes Dryers:
Roper Electric Dryer

Roper Electric Dryer

great so far

Comments about Roper Electric Dryer:

I bought this dryer used, so I'm not sure how long the other person had it. I had a really good name brand dryer before this, but it was pretty old and started having a lot of problems. I was a little worried about buying a cheaper brand, but I had heard some good things about roper. I have had this dryer for about 2 weeks and I love it! It dries my clothes really fast and it's a lot quieter then my old one. However, it doesn't have as many options as my other one and I'm a little bothered by the fact that I can't turn the buzzer off. The door is a little hard to close and feels a bit cheap too. I will get used to it though. It's a very good dryer for what I paid and I believe the roper brand is some of the cheapest washers and dryers you can buy. It's about the same size as my other one was which is decently big. I have a family of four and I have no problems fitting our laundry in it. I would definitely buy a new roper washer or dryer in the future.

• Load Capacity:

Very happy with my Roper electric dryer

from Plymouth Meeting, PA

Comments about Roper Electric Dryer:

I didn't get to choose this Roper electric dryer--it chose me. By that I mean, it came with the house we bought about a year ago. For whatever reason, you can tell just by looking at it that it is an inexpensive dryer. It's worked for us well, though. I do not often use the air/fluff feature except for this week when I pulled out some fall clothes that needed some wrinkles kicked out. It did the job in 10 minutes or so!

Huge loads sometimes have trouble drying on the Energy Saver mode, so I usually have to turn the dial a little before that to make them more dry. The lint trap is easy to get to but not super easy to clean out when there is only a little film of lint on it. It also gets the top of the dryer dusty and dirty quick...the nature of the beast, I suppose.

Overall this is a simple and good clothes dryer with nothing fancy about it and one that can't be challenged too hard.

• Load Capacity:

Great for the price

from Manchaug, MA

Comments about Roper Electric Dryer:

I purchased this dryer along with its washing machine partner only weeks before our daughter was born. I chose this dryer because it was a reasonable price compared to other brands. I felt that I was taking a gamble with the purchase because I had never heard of it before but felt that the price was too good to pass up. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it worked really well and does what a dryer should do, quickly. It is a little noisy and since it is in my kitchen, I avoid doing a load during dinner times or when it is prime phone call time. I am happy with the purchase completely and would have no problem recommending it to others in need of a dryer. The value is great and definately too good to pass up!

Roper Electric Dryer is A GREAT DRYER!!

from Hewitt, TX

Comments about Roper Electric Dryer:

My dryer broke and on a tight budget I went to buy another one. I found the Roper Electric dryer on sale and I was just hoping for an okay dryer until i could get my yearly bonus, even the salesperson tried to get me to buy a much more expensive dryer saying this dryer was just a basic dryer and not what I NEEDED. Well he was wrong! I WAS WRONG! THIS DRYER WAS INEXPENSIVE AND GREAT! IT dries my clothes in a short time, the dryer heats well and Im impressed! Ive had this dryer for a little while now and it's still going strong! This dryer doe not come with all the bells and whistles like some of the more expensive dryers but honestly that's one of the thing I love about it! It's just a dryer that dries clothes, heats up well, looks nice, great price and it has held up and I do a lot of laundry! Im very impressed and never used my bonus to replace it. Im happy I was short on money at the time because now I found a new brand I love and trust! I would recommend this product to anyone, whether they had the money or not to buy a fancier dryer. This is a great product. I have since bought a roper refridgerator, because I trust the brand so much.

Roper has won me over with this dryer!

from Goose Creek, SC

Comments about Roper Electric Dryer:

With a family of 4 and a Hubby that likes 2 showers a day with fresh towels I am running the washer and dryer constantly! When I saw an advertisement on Craigs List for a like-new dryer I knew it was a long shot but we could NOT afford a brand new one. We brought this home and were so very impressed by the capacity and its simplicity. There is NOT a bunch of buttons you won't use and this product is a real work horse. I am so very glad that we have this wonderful like-new dryer because I know that when we need another dryer (hopefully that's not something I have to imagine for a LONG time) we will again, choose a Roper product. Quality without the frills...that's my first choice!

A wonderful choice for the price!

from Massillon, OH

Comments about Roper Electric Dryer:

I bought this dryer along with the matching Roper Washing Machine. This was the first brand new dryer I have ever bought and I was so excited to have a new dryer that actually dried clothes fast! My old dryer took forever to dry clothes-- wasting time and money.

I like that Roper is made by Whirlpool. It may not be as fancy as high-end dryers, but it gets the job done efficiently. It also has a one year warranty.

This dryer is awesome for the price. It can fit a lot of clothes and only takes 30 minutes to 1 hour to dry. Even a load of towels dries super fast.

The Roper Dryer has five different settings, including an Energy Saver setting. It has three different temperature settings.

I use this dryer every single day. I have not had a single problem with this dryer. I love how quickly it dries clothes.

I like that the lint trap is on top of the dryer and it is so easy to use and clean.

If you are looking for a simple dryer and works well and you don't need a ton of bells and whistles, this is the dryer for you. A great starting point for anyone who is looking to save money and just wants a machine to dry their clothes.

Can't beat the value

from Dalton, MN

Comments about Roper Electric Dryer:

I have had this Roper Heavy-Duty Extra-Large Capacity dryer for 6 years. We bought it when we bought our house. We were looking for the cheapest we could find, having not much money left after our down-payment. :) I would buy this dryer again for sure. It does a great job. There are 5 cycles. I usually set it to the energy star one which always gets my clothes dry, even the biggest load of towels and jeans. I do occasionally set it to the low heat setting if there's something I want to make sure to not shrink, this setting allows you to set a time like 10 or 20 minutes. A lot of times in a larger load especially, on this setting, the clothes will still be damp so I either put it in for more time, or more often will let them air dry the rest of the way to make sure they don't shrink. I have no complaints about this dryer. It was the cheapest, but does it's job very well and have not had any problems with it in the 6 years I've owned it.

The Roper REX4636KQ Electric Dryer is a life saver to my home!

from Macon, GA

Comments about Roper Electric Dryer:

My Roper Electric Dryer is one of the best product I have ever brought into my home. We are a family of six therefore we do ALOT of washing and drying. No other dryer has been able to stand up to the many loads of clothes we dry on a daily basis. I would highly recommend this Roper Dryer to any one. A wonderful assect for any household!