Other Clothes Dryers:

Roper 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

Functional dryer but definitely not an investment

This is the dryer that came with my apartment, so I can't comment on its value in relation to what it cost or on the ease of set up. I can say that it gets the job done, though not in a particularly timely or convenient manner. As another reviewer mentioned, almost all loads take at least two cycles to dry (jeans and towels especially). Cycles are only 30 minutes long, so you can't just leave it and run to the store, and there is no buzzer to alert you that your clothes are finished (so if you aren't paying attention, you'll forget to start the second or third cycle and end up with still soggy and very wrinkled clothes). It does get them dry, however, and in general is one of the quieter dryers I've encountered, which is a simultaneous positive and negative for me, since I don't even notice when a cycle has ended most of the time. The lint trap does its job and the dryer tends to stay pretty clean all on its own. So if your main criteria is just something that will work, this is probably a good buy, but if you're looking to make an investment, this probably won't be at the top of your list.

Load Capacity
Not huge but a reasonable size. Medium loads dry faster than larger ones.

Takes a few cycles but gets everything dry.

Very simple. Twist the nob, then press the button.

The one I have seems to have lasted for quite a few years.

Could have more options for cycle lengths or specific heat cycles.

You Get What You Pay For!

I had another Roper dryer before I got this one & I had no problems with it so I wasn’t expecting any with this one. I frequently have to dry my loads twice and with towels I have to dry them three times. Fortunately this has not caused my electric bill to get out of hand because I live alone and do not have to launder a lot of clothes. I do not over load the machine either and I have taken to cutting my loads in half in an effort to cut down on the drying but this does not work all of the time. I am not pleased with this machine at all.

best than other Dryer

from Jordan

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
  • Energy Efficient
  • Works Quickly

Cons

• Everyday Clothes
    • Sheets & Mattress Covers

Comments about Roper 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

It's a very good contains many and varied and has a high, easy to use and load specifications and advantages of the best buys everyone

This dryer is one of the best that I have ever had! It even dries bulky loads evenly with no wrinkles! The lint filter is large, sturdy, and easy to remove and replace. The control panel appears very clear and easy to use

I throw my clothes in, set controls, relax and get my wrinkle-free laundry!! Every time!! I'd also like to point out that the instruction manual that came with it is very thorough and helpful.

I purchased the Samsung Electric Dryer at the same time I purchased the Samsung Washer so that they would match and I really enjoy the combination set
    .................................................................................................................................................
    very nice

Great Dryer, at a Great price!

from VA

Comments about Roper 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We bought the roper electric dryer when we first got married, as it was one of the few dryers in our budget. I was really expecting to "get what you pay for" when buying this. I thought for sure I was going to hate it and it would quit working sooner rather than later. I was completely wrong on both counts! This is a great dryer. It does a great job drying the clothes in a timely manner. It does only have a 30 minute dry cycle, but I rarely have to run it through twice. If I do it is because it is a very large load, or a really heavy item like a comforter. The dryer is super easy to use, and holds a pretty decent amount of clothes - and even average size comforters. It has several heat settings, and loading and unloading is easy. The lint trap is easily assessable, works pretty good. And this dryer has held up really well. We have upgraded to a dryer with more technology, but still have this down in our basement with our roper washer as back-ups and to do larger, heavier, bulkier loads. I can't recommend it enough.

Absolutely Love it!

from Shelbyville, TN

Comments about Roper 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have a Roper clothes dryer for almost 10 years before it had to be replaced. And I replaced it with another Roper clothes dryer. We've had this Roper for about 4 years now. I have not had any problems with it. It dries the clothes perfectly each and every time. It's very easy to maintain. And I love that it's not huge like the newer dryers since we have a small laundry space. It is easy enough to use that my children, including my youngest, can use it. All children need to learn how to do laundry, even if it's just putting the clean clothes into the dryer. The door is in the front and swings open, not down. So, it's just perfect for the little ones to throw the clothing in. Some people claim that it doesn't dry on the first round. But it all depends on how much clothing you put into it. A large load (filling the washer to the top), you will have to run it 2 rounds. But that's normal. Whenever we will have to replace this Roper, I guarantee that as long as the company is still around, we will be purchasing another Roper.

A reliable, economic dryer

Comments about Roper 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

The Roper Electric Dryer is a great value for the money. Roper is a Whirlpool company, so the quality is relatively equal to a comparable Whirlpool model but at a reduced price.

Load Capacity
    It has a very decent capacity, some models are larger. In general, it provides all the space that is necessary. Will accommodate a queen sized comforter with ease.

Will dry a large quantity of small items, such as underclothes on the "Energy preferred setting" but for large items, like comforters, you will need to turn up the drying time.

The door opens wide, the opening itself is large, so putting in clothes or removing them is very easy. The lint trap is easily removed, cleaned and reattached. The timer is a simple knob that you twist to the desired drying time or setting, the start button is large and easily pushed.

I have had this dryer for several years and have had no issues with it.

Some people may not like the simplicity of this dryer, but I love it. It has a big timer knob on the left, a large start button on the right, a lint trap under the start button and a large door.

• Load Capacity:

Great product, great price!

Comments about Roper 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We recently brought this dryer for our second home, and didn't want to spend a bunch of money on something too high tech. This dryer is perfect for us, big enough to fit anything that comes out of the washing machine, and I never have a problem with the things drying. I like the settings options for being able to do a timed dry, or just set something to a certain amount of dryness. Also being able to dry things on a lower heat makes it easier to not accidentally shrink things. I love how quiet this dryer is, since our laundry room is right by the bedroom, it can be annoying if these appliances are too loud. I can put the dryer on, go to bed, and never hear is through the wall. I have had no problems with this dryer, and my clothes come out the same way they went in, without any tears. It is not rough on my clothes. It also seems to be very sturdy and built well .

Very easy to use since the front door will swing all the way open when needed.

• Load Capacity:

Great dryer for the price!

from Bland, VA

Comments about Roper 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We've had this Roper dryer for a little over a year and a half now without a single issue. It's pretty quiet as far as dryers go (if the washing machine is running at the same time, you can't hear the dryer over it at all).

The only complaint I would make is that sometimes when drying larger items or a large load of towels, it can take two cycles to get them completely dry. That isn't a huge deal for me though, since that has been my experience with most dryers I've had.

We purchased this dryer when our old one went out suddenly and we were short on money (thus going with one of the cheapest models we could find quickly), but overall, I've been very happy with the purchase.

Functional dryer but definitely not an investment

Load Capacity
    Not huge but a reasonable size. Medium loads dry faster than larger ones.

Takes a few cycles but gets everything dry.

Very simple. Twist the nob, then press the button.

The one I have seems to have lasted for quite a few years.

Could have more options for cycle lengths or specific heat cycles.

• Load Capacity:

You Get What You Pay For!

from Jackson, MS

Roper Dryer

from Darlington, WI

Comments about Roper 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I do alot of laundry having 11 cats and dog.This dryer easily dry's my King comforter and never leaves a stray hair on it.Not to mention all the other laundry as well.It Heats up fast and cools down nicely towards end.As a matter of fact we have it set up to have the vent into house so also is extra heat in house.Has variety of settings that even your most delicate of fabrics can be done.The dryer is quite quiet so I can do laundy while people sleeping an d doesn't bother anyone.Very reasonanably priced an asset to any home.

Load Capacity
    Haven't had a load yet it can't handle.I do King Comforter,Pillows,Heavy Jackets have never had a problem.

No complaints here have not had one problem with.

No brainer! Set timer to etting and it does the rest.

Large capcity is great for families and stands up for itself for continual use of 5 or more loads a day.

I guess I like the design because it matches my washer.

Decent dryer, very reliable

from Provo, UT

Comments about Roper 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This dryer is pretty reliable! I haven't had to repair it, and it hasn't given me any trouble. I am able to dry a load pretty quickly, although most of the time I am drying using low heat, because the high heat setting tends to shrink my husbands shirts in length, which is where he needs it most.

Load Capacity
    It holds a lot of clothes, sometimes bigger loads would need to go through an extra cycle.

It would shrink some of our clothes so we had to dry on low heat most of the time, which takes longer.

Very easy to learn how to use.

This has lasted a long time for us so far and we have had no problems.

It is the classic dryer design.