Other Washing Machines:

Roper 3.4 cu ft. Top Load Washer

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

A great washer at a reduced cost

Comments about Roper 3.4 cu ft. Top Load Washer:

The Whirlpool company owns Roper, so this washer is equivalent to a similar Whirlpool model, but at a reduced price. Sometimes I wish the capacity was larger, but in general this is not an issue.

Energy Efficiency
I have not had an issue with the washer's energy efficiency.

Cleaning Time
Some washers may be faster, but I have no problem with the amount of time a typical wash takes.

If too much dry detergent is placed in a very large load, than minor residue may occasionally be seen on clothes after a wash. However, with liquid detergents this is never an issue.

The washer is very easy to use, it has three knobs, one for load size, one for water temperature and a timer for type of load and duration. You pull up the timer knob to initiate the wash cycle.

I prefer top loading washers over front loading, as I find them easier to use and there is less worry about water leaking.

I have had this washer for several years with no issues.

• Cleaning Time:

This washing machine works well enough - serves its purpose.

Comments about Roper 3.4 cu ft. Top Load Washer:

I purchased this washer at Lowe's Home Improvement store. At the time, it was the least expensive washer in the store. It works well - gets the laundry clean. I'm not fond of the fact that I can't fill the washer up first since its built in functions 'read' what is needed, such as the water level. I also do not like that the top locks once the button is pushed to start the cycle. However, it has been a good machine for about a year. I've had no issues with it.

Energy Efficiency
Cycles seem shorter than those of my old washing machine.

Cleaning Time
As stated before, the cycles are shorter making each load take less time.

Cleans every item in the load, every time.

Easy enough, but I'd like to choose my own water level in advance.

The best thing I can say about this Roper is that it is nondescript. It's a basic machine with clean lines.

I've owned it nearly one year. It continues to perform like new. No issues whatsoever with the mechanics of the machine.

Good for the price

Comments about Roper 3.4 cu ft. Top Load Washer:

We bought this washer in a pinch, as it was on the low end of the pricing scale when we suddenly found ourselves without a washer. Overall, it is a great buy for the price. We have now had ours for 3 years and it still works like it did the day we bought it. We have had other, more expensive brands, and couldn't say the same. We have small children, so we wash a lot and we tend to do large loads almost every wash. As a result, it has held up like new for at least 1-2 washes per day, all on extra large, without missing a beat. The reason that I did not give it a very good rating is that, from day one, it will randomly leak during a wash cycle about once every 4-6 months. It is not often, but when it happens, it leaks water all over the floor, which is an issue. I thought it was happening because we had overloaded the washer, but it has happened when we had a medium load in. We have not been able to figure out what the cause is, but it doesn't happen often enough to cause us too much of a headache. Like I said, overall this is a great buy for the price.

Cleaning Time
Cycles run quickly and efficiently.

Great, save for the random, unexplained leak I outlined in the review.

No bells or whistles, which makes it easy to use!

Simple top load washer.

Has held up with 5-10 extra large loads per week for over 3 years now and still runs like new.

Great Washer!!

from Lincoln Park, MI

Comments about Roper 3.4 cu ft. Top Load Washer:

This is an excellent washer for the price. It has a steel drum inside which is very durable (instead of plastic like most newer models). It does not have 100 different settings like a high-end washer, however, for our family, the settings it does have are great. I would buy another Roper washer in a minute.

Energy Efficiency
I could have spent 4 times the amount to buy a high end energy efficient washer, but being on a budget, this was a great deal.

Cleaning Time
There are several options for cleaning time that we use a lot. There's a permanent press setting as well as a quick wash setting.

I never have a problem with heavy loads unbalancing themselves like my old washer. It also has an end cycle buzzer that our busy family loves so we know the load is ready to go into the dryer.

Every one in the family (teenagers and adults) were able to use the washer without reading the manual. Did I say that? I did, that's how easy it is to operate.

The design is simple and clean. We love the steel drum inside instead of plastic.

Extremely durable as this washer has washed several heavy loads (by teenagers) and the clothes always come out clean.

smells

Comments about Roper 3.4 cu ft. Top Load Washer:

I bought washer on feb. 1. It grinded and smelled like burning rubber. I received a new one and it did the same thing.

Energy Efficiency
Haven't received my energy bill yet

It is noisy and smells like burning rubber

It has a locking device which is okay once you get used to it

My Laundry Workhorse!

from Edinburg, PA

Comments about Roper 3.4 cu ft. Top Load Washer:

I had a washing machine crisis and was recommended the Roper brand by my service repairman. He told me it would give me the best value for my money and he wasn't wrong. This machine has been through thousands of loads of laundry and has been a reliable machine all along.

Energy Efficiency
It uses just enough water to get my clothes clean, each washing machine cycle lasts just enough time for maximum efficiency

Cleaning Time
I've had machines in the past that seem to take forever just to do a regular washing cycle, the Roper is quick and efficient.

My clothes are clean and the spin cycle works well enough that the clothes are spun quite well, which helps cut down on the time they need to be in the dryer.

Extremely easy to use, I start the water put in the detergent add my clothes close the lid and in no time at all clean clothes.

Nothing too fancy just a good quality machine that has the features I need to do my laundry at home.

A real workhorse at periods of time I've had up to five people living with me and using the machine, able to handle all of our laundry washing needs.

• Cleaning Time:

Best washer for the money!

Comments about Roper 3.4 cu ft. Top Load Washer:

This was a good buy for me.Easy to use and is durable.Was told by a repairman that this was the best one for the money.I believe him! I would recommend for anyone to buy this washer.You can't beat the price on a durable washer.