1.8

1.8

Pros

Cons

Buying Furniture on the Internet

I have made many moves in my lifetime and one of the few positive aspects (perhaps the only one) of the moving process if the opportunity to eliminate old, worn- out goods and replace them with something new. After completing my recent move to Houston, I needed to buy new furniture and a new bedroom set. And one of the web sites I used for assistance was **Roomstogo.com**, the on- line store for the furniture chain retailer. **On- Line Store Commentary:** Rooms to Go on the internet marks one of the few times I have ever used an on- line service to shop for furniture and accessories. When I moved to my new house, I needed to buy a new bedroom set for one of the upstairs bedrooms along with a new set of furniture, end tables, lamps, etc. I visited several local furniture outlets and also visited some on- line web sites. Rooms to Go was one of the first places I visited on the internet in my quest to buy these and other like items. Many on- line furniture stores have limited items for viewing and purchase but Rooms to Go is different. In the furniture section, for example, the web site offers about as many selections as you would find in a typical furniture store with a good deal of product information, color selections, etc.  With queen size beds, the site offers a similar number of selections. With this many selections, there should be no problem finding what you want in the price range that is acceptable to you. One thing about the web site that can get frustrating is the organization options for each category. There are options to sort merchandise by price level; from high to low; or from low to high. However, when you select one of the sort options, it is common for the web page to switch your selection to something different. You have to play around with it and click other options until it gives you the sort option you really want. Rooms to Go offers competitive pricing on its items. Often, there are special offers like "no money down, no interest, and no payments for a year" and other promotional offers. This is exactly what convinced me to place an order. I accepted a special promotional offer that included no money down and no interest provided I pay off my balance in full within twelve months. I could have used one of my credit cards, but this offer was better.  Shipping of goods is somewhat limited with Rooms to Go on- line. If you buy furniture, you have to live in one of the 32 states where Rooms to Go ships to if you want it delivered. If you order something small, like lamps or a cabinet, then you can use UPS and have your shipment delivered to any of the 48 contiguous states. The shipping is very efficient and professional and I like the simplicity of the flat percent method for computing shipping charges (shipping equals 10 percent of the merchandise value). The company gives you a window of time in which they promise to show up with your delivery and they easily made it within the time frame promised. They were more than happy to set everything up for us, including placing the end tables and coffee table where we wanted them.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with my Rooms to Go experience. The web site could use some improvements but there is a good amount of merchandise offered for sale and I like the product information, as well as the quick price comparison showing how much you save by purchasing a set of furniture rather than buying each piece separately. It's a good store and a good on- line merchant and as long as you don't mind ordering furniture without seeing it in person, Rooms to Go is a good place to turn for this purpose.

Save your time and money. DO NOT shop RTG

I went to the Baton Rouge location to purchase furniture for my children.  The furniture was beautiful.  I had searched for an extended period of time to find exactly what I was looking for.  I purchased a total of 7 items.  When the delivery truck came, 4 of the 7 items were damaged.  From there, things only got WORSE.  It took a total of SEVEN deliveries (yes 7 deliveries) to get my order right.  It went from scratched, holes knocked it furniture, mirror broken, wrong merchandise....you get the point.  Also, there were pieces delivered to me that had deep scratches in the paint, and they simply painted over the deep scratches in the wood.  Finally, on the seventh attempt, I "settled" for damaged merchandise because I did not want to wait around for an eighth failed attempt.

In addition to that, I had the floors installed the morning of the first delivery.  In the middle of moving the pieces in and out and back and forth, they have damaged my brand new floors.  I have NEVER in my life had such a difficult time with anyone.  I would have just got a refund, but I had already donated my childrens' old furniture to charity.

TAKE MY ADVISE!!!  Save yourself the time, headache, and heart-ache.  DO NOT buy from Rooms to Go.  If I could give them a NEGATIVE score, I would.  Rooms To Go should be called, "Rooms to Go Has Got To Go (Away)."

worst service ever

from willowbrook

Comments about RoomsToGo.com:

omg dont ever buy furniture from Rooms To Go.... bought furniture 30 days ago to be delivered today .... they message me yesterday saying they would be here today between 1 and 5 .....at 300 they call to tell me it could be 10 oclock before they get .....i tell them i want it delivered in daylight not darkness ....i dont know these people so i say i guess i dont want it since i thinking im the customer i should have the right since they defaulted on time ...the manager mr cain at the 1960 willowbrook was useless so i guess next week ill reschedule cause they want to charge me a 20 percent restocking fee ...................NEVER BY FROM THEM AGAIN AND THIS IS THE 3 PURCHASE OF OVER 2500 IN 3 YEARS ...............Good Bye rooms to go for me

Buyer Beware

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about RoomsToGo.com:

First I will say the dining set I order online looks great.... i hope it stands the test of time.
My suggestion to you is when you order something off the web site, double, no tripple, check to make sure your color sellection and all the details are correct, including leg colors of the furniture, especially if your final order is placed on an iphone. It is hard to see the detail on the confirmation because the photos are small and in some cases, the details of what you are ordering are not written on you confirmation (in my case black legs on the extra dining chairs, not brown one...even if the main dining table chairs had black legs and these were added chairs). If you have to exchange something you WILL be charged an addational delivery charge, even if you ask them just to be delivered to the store.
They will make no exceptions when you call customer service....they are not concerned about future business...this was my first and last purchase because if they won't work with you on something this small I'd hate to have to deal with them on something bigger.
Buyer beware!!!!!!!!

Do not buy RTG

from MIAMI , FL

The policy returned not existe. No buy in Rooms to Go
I buy mattres in 4/12/16 The matters no is better (Tempur - pedi)
Today call the store . The manager say The store no have Returned Policy
Only change the product for the more price ,and pay the deliver $200.00
NO BUY IN ROOMS TO GO

COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT!

from Summerville, SC

Comments about RoomsToGo.com:

We've taken our time for two years looking for the right dining room table for our new house. Finally found what we wanted at Rooms To Go, Charleston SC. Table was on back order for 4 weeks. Had delivery date scheduled for May 1st, they show up with right chairs and WRONG table. Reschedule for the following Friday with delivery between 9-1. Receive a phone call at 12, saying they were not coming because table was damaged, ends were crushed! Tell me to call customer service and RESCHEDULE, do you think they care, absolutely not,. Still waiting for a call back to try a THIRD TIME! Last time I shop at ROOMS TO GO, nor will I RECOMMEND THEM!

Good for browsing before going in the store.

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about RoomsToGo.com:

We only have one Rooms to Go store in town and it's on the other side of town. Which makes it a pain to drive over there just to look to see what they have New. This is where the website comes in handy.

I love the Products that Rooms to Go carries and love that I can go on the website to check the products out when they are new.

Not only that but I have the ability to manage my account with them via the website instead of having to make the trip into the actual store.

A plus for Rooms to Go and the awesome job they have done on the website.

Super easy to use. I've also used it on my phone and it was super quick to load the mobile version as well.

Product Selection
The product selection is great.

Product Pricing
Rooms to Go has some of the best product pricing as far as stores that are similar.

Customer Service
Everytime that I have had to contact customer service it has been a good experience.

Shipping and Returns
I've had replacement parts shipped via there website and have never had any trouble with it.

Really bad service. Great sales and marketing, POOR delivery

Comments about RoomsToGo.com:

I purchased a bed set for my children. they gave me a 5 hour window for delivery and never arrived. We rescheduled two days later and they arrived late at night with the order incomplete. Unbelievable.. One week later and again they didn't arrived... I ended canceling my entire order.
the worst service ever.
they have great marketing and great sales team, but the delivery is the worst that i have seen..

the order was delivered incomplete and I had to cancel it

Product Selection
They had only two options for the children bed set

Their price was ok

Really bad...

Shipping and Returns
the worst that I have seen in my entire life

Horrible and Unprofessional

Comments about RoomsToGo.com:

Rooms To Go refused to give a refund after being unable to provide a delivery date less than 8 weeks after purchase.

Customer Service
Customer service was disrespectful and not helpful. They refused to explain their hidden policy and threatened to disconnect the call.

Shipping and Returns
Refused to give a refund after acknowledging they did not deliver the product

Bad Quality and Worst Delivery Service

Comments about RoomsToGo.com:

Just got delivery of Bedroom Set with 3 pieces damaged, broken and paint peeling off. Worst delivery guys possible on the entire planet - rude, angry and loud!

Damaged Items

Product Pricing
Paying so high price for delivery and they send the worst products, no quality control

Will see!

Really unique selection

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about RoomsToGo.com:

This site, Roomstogo.com is an amazing site to shop for furniture. I have to honestly say, I love this site. First and foremost, their customer service is awesome. Not only that but also their furniture is of high quality and ranges from classic to classy without leaving out stylishness. I love their dining selection most of all. They have a good amount of sizes to choose from that would suit different room sizes style preferences. We purchased a fairly small dining set for our basement about 6 months ago. What I liked the most was that their discriptions on the website are easy to understand and are detailed enough so that the greater majority of questions you might have will be covered. We only had to initially pay the taxes and the delivery costs. The whole process was very simplified by the customer service department. I had a very positive experience with this company and plan to be dealing with them again very soon. I would definetely suggest this site and, I also look forward to shopping their again, very soon.

• Shipping and Returns:

Customer service not helpful!

Comments about RoomsToGo.com:

After recieving broken furniture, paying high delivery fee, and waiting through a 4 hour delivery window, the customer service has been completely useless. Three phone calls and three weeks after the delivery and they claim they are sending replacement parts again after the first set still do not have the missing bolts. The broken desk should be delivered this week, but again I have to wait through a 4 hour delivery window and the dates are very limited. Lastly the scuffs that were caused by the delivery driver the first time can only be fixed if they send a separate technician who only can come every other Tuesday and again gets a four hour block. I will never shop from rooms to go again.

Not willing to help.