4.9

Cons

Like it

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Roku 3:

I have had the Roku 3 for about a month or so now and I really like it. I don't watch television very often so I feel no need to spend money on cable television so I like the fact that I can still watch what I want on my Roku through Youtube or Netflix or by watching shows I downloaded to my flash drive and plugging it into my Roku. The only thing I will say that I do not like is that about the Roku is that with channels such as Disney, I have to keep logging back into my mom's comcast account in order for it to connect back to the station because it gives me an error message every so often stating that I am not authorized to watch that station. I am not sure why I get that error message but it is quite aggravating and the only way to get it to work is for me to reconnect to my Comcast account. Other than that I can find some really interesting movies as well as shows for my daughter to watch that I probably would not have access to otherwise.

• Compatibility:

A light sleeper's best friend

Comments about Roku 3:

My husband and I got the Roku 3 in January and are over the moon about it. Not only does it support Netflix profiles and have great apps, but the remote sound is amazing. My husband can lay in bed and watch shows like the Walking Dead without disrupting me while I sleep. The headphones were a great idea. There are also lots of channel options with easy add and setup.

Picture Quality
Full HD quality via HDMI. With a good internet connection, the picture is flawless. It is, of course, limited by what the different channels offer.

The menus and channels are very straightforward. However, the list of channels is so endless that I still don't think I've made it through the whole list. I wish their were some better sorting options for channels.

Reliability
As long as the internet is working, my Roku is working. We haven't had any service outages.

Compatibility
Hooks up via HDMI only. If your TV doesn't have a suitable amount of ports, you will want a different Roku model.

Money Saver!

Comments about Roku 3:

We have been looking for a cable alternative for a while now, we did a lot of research comparing other alternatives. We are amazon prime members, so with Roku we have access to thousands of movies and TV shows, for free!! Also, Roku has many free channels of their own. It took less than 2 minutes to hook up, VERY easy! Also, Roku tech support is very easy to access. They are quick to respond, and speak in layman's terms for those who are not tech savvy.

Picture Quality
Very clear pictures, and fast! I actually think the picture is much better than cable, and even clearer than streaming through our Wii device.

Very easy to install, and very easy to use. The remote is VERY self explanatory, unlike some cable remotes. Hookup is very quick and easy (even if you are not tech savvy)

Reliability
I have had no issues with reliability, unless our internet is down of course. And if we have any issues, Tech support with Roku is among the best!

Best invention

Comments about Roku 3:

For those of us that do not like to be bothered with plugging and unplugging your gadgets from room to room this is a dream come true. It makes it all simple and can be used easily for those of us that struggle with technology. I highly recommend it for its simple and practical use of those that use wii, netflix and hulu ect.

• Compatibility:

Warning! The Roku 3 may increase your waistline.

Comments about Roku 3:

This is the best television channel enhancement product that I have used. The only problem with this product is that I have gained 10 lbs. from sitting and watching hours of free programming. It was very easy to set up. Hook up the HDMI cable to your tv, plug it in and follow the prompts.

Picture Quality
A beautiful 1080 picture even with WiFi. The quality of the picture is just as good as my cable connections.

It is the easiest set up that I have ever experienced with any device and I have set up a lot.

Reliability
So far so good. I haven't had to reenter any information into the device since I set it up. Unlike my WiFi Blurays that seem to lose passwords and such a few times a month. Load time for content is faster than all my other devices.

Compatibility
I had no issues since I hooked it to a tv that has multiple HDMI inputs but I can see where some people may have an issue since it has no component inputs. HDMI to RGB Component cables can be easily obtained on the internet.

Amazing Device

Comments about Roku 3:

We just received our Roku 3 in the mail two days ago and we have barely turned it off since. It has something for everyone! My children range in age from 5 months through 10 years old and the 3, 6, and 10 year olds have already figured out how to navigate the interfaces as well as use the remote.
That brings me to one my favorite things about the Roku 3, the remote. It unwittingly has the ability to plug earphones into it so the sound of the tv can only be heard through the ear phones. This is so great for morning times when my older kids are up but the little ones are still sleeping. They can watch their shows without having the volume turned so low they can’t hear it. It also helps when I don’t want to hear the tv blaring after a long day. This way they can still watch but I don’t have to hear it.
The next best feature is the ability for you to search for different actors and find everything they have been in across your different channels. This eliminates having to go to each channel and do multiple repetitive searches. It’s all about streamlining the experience for the user!!

Geat little box!

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Roku 3:

So, I signed up on facebook to test the Roku 3 before they came out. I was very surprised when it came in the mail one day! Needless to say we hooked it up to our tv right away and turned it on to see what it would do. It had the game Angry Birds on it which my children and husband love. It also has a long list of channels to add to your personal list in a lot of different categories so everyone has something to choose from. Also since we had to get rid of regular cable a couple of years ago because it cost way to much, I was very pleased that it will run our hulu plus account as well as our nexflix account that we use since getting rid of said cable. We used to run the hulu plus and Netflix accounts through our playstation 3 but it was literally on all day because during the day I would watch tv and when my husband came home he would play his video games. We where getting worried the playstation would eventually die on us. I also like the USB feature on the side so I can run my mp3 player for music through the tv.

Awesome

Comments about Roku 3:

This is a great little box full of fun. we got rid of cable 2 years ago and switched to roku xt and then got the roku 3 for another TV. It has numerous applications. we use it with amazon, Netflix , red box, and hulu. I don't even miss the outrageous cable bill.

Picture Quality
I noticed a big difference in picture quality in the roku xt and the roku 3. The picture quality is great. and clear as it could be. And the colors are just right.

This is very easy to use. my 3 year old grandson has even figured out how to use this. It is very easy to hookup and get setup.

Reliability
I have never had any problems with this not working or any other issues.

Compatibility
This pretty much works with any TV with a HDMI cord. very easy to hookup. However it is not recommended for use with older TVs that need the audio cables. The box was not clear about this so that is a downfall. would make for 1 mad customer if didn't have a TV that takes an HDMI cord.

Amazing Streaming Media Device

Comments about Roku 3:

The Roku 3 is an amazing little box. If you are thinking of “cutting the cord” or if you just want to have a really easy and fun way to watch Netflix and tons of other content, such as movies on your computer using Plex or HBO Go content, you can access tons of great stuff through this device. It even has games like Angry Birds you can download and play with the motion-sensing remote that works just like a wii-mote. Also, if you watch TV with your partner in bed, and they want to sleep you can plug your headphones right into the remote and listen to the sound from the TV that way, it’s really a awesome thoughtful feature. People may tell you to get a Chromecast for 35 bucks or a WDlive, but trust me this little box is tons better and will give you a lot to fun stuff to watch. It has tons of “channels” that have amazing content, like the NASA channel and tons of great stuff made by this guy called “Nowhere Man” that let you access podcasts, live streams, and tons of other great content. Buy this thing, it’s the best purchase you will make all year.

Picture Quality
If you do happen to get a crappy picture while streaming or a lot of buffering, try to go into your wifi settings on your router and switch it from channel 6 to channel 4. This reduces the amount of interference it's getting from other peoples routers in highly wifi-saturated areas.

The remote is easy to use and comfortable to hold. The menu's are easy to understand, and even my grandmother is able to navigate it and access her shows on netflix on this, since she can't do it on the computer.

Reliability
I only had one problem with a ROKU, and it was an older model that I hooked up to the wrong voltage cord. I called support and they shipped me a new one that works great! I only had to pay to have the thing shipped back. Great customer support and you can talk to a real person.

Compatibility
With the 3, make sure you have HDMI. If you don't have it, go for the roku 2 and use the composite cables to get the best possible picture.