Other Media Streamers:

Pros

Cons

Great Deal / Great Entertainment

Comments about Roku 2 XS:

Roku is outstanding in providing many options and alternative channels that can be viewed on your pc, television or beamed from your phone to your hd tv. It's great to be able to get instant access to shows from the past decades, most of them being free as well as new movies for a minimal subscription.

Picture Quality
If you have a good internet connection, the Roku 2S has quality hd picture.

It's somewhat more efficient to search your shows on the internet and add them to a watchlist to view later. However, purchasing this model two remotes were included for gaming and video, so it's simple to get started.

Reliability
the only issues I have experienced have been weather related and a factor of my internet provider.

Compatibility
Not so great with the Kindle Fire HD, although some channels are accessible.... more of a Kindle issue because of flash player.

• Compatibility:

Nice.. must purchase for who are on budget

Comments about Roku 2 XS:

Roku is one of the best internet streaming device currently in market. We purchased this 2 years ago & still using it without any issues. It have many apps like dailymotion, netflix, Vevo, TED & many more. Also if you are tired of all those advertisements on cable this is the best device for you.

This is one time purchase & no need to pay any monthly charges.

Cons:
1. Youtube is missing in this. Earlier one app was there to access youtube from roku but now its not. sad for youtube lovers.
2. Perfect for netflix users. No need to login on laptop. you can access it directly from roku remote.

• Picture Quality:
  • Compatibility:

So much better than watching on a computer

Comments about Roku 2 XS:

I used to watch Netflix on my laptop now I watch on my television. I also use Roku to stream my MLB package and ESPN3. Now my husband and I can watch in comfort instead of being huddled around my laptop. Via the USB port it can also be used to play videos and display pictures. As an added bonus it is tiny (about the size of a hockey puck) so there will be no problem finding a spot to tuck it away.

Picture Quality
The picture will be as good as anything else you get on your tv. The only time I have a problem is with MLB.tv but since I have the same problems when I watch on my laptop, I know it is not the Roku.

Set up was a snap and the everyday usage is just as easy.

Reliability
Rarely is there an interruption with Netflix or ESPN3. Occasionally I have a problem with MLB.tv but the problem is with MLB.tv not the Roku.

Compatibility
It works perfectly with my very old television so I'd have to think it would work with just about everything.

• Compatibility:

Impressed with such a little device!

Comments about Roku 2 XS:

I got my husband a roku 2 for Christmas, as we were really tired of the limited red box offerings. WE LOVE it! It has been easy to learn and use... Even for my technology and software challenged husband. The channels are easy to download and navigate, but the choices are still limited. I wish the roku offered apps to access the internet on the TV much like android or iOS-- but it doesn't. I am actually contemplating dumping cable, as this is a great way to escape the "reality" shows that flood the airwaves.

Picture Quality
It does great streaming onto our HDTV.

My husband was able set this device up and get registered with different streaming services registered in ten minutes! Use the USB, plug in, and go. Although the remote is lightweight and small, it is also very simple to use! Roku also offers the option to download roku apps for our iPhone and android phones; we can all access the streaming as well as the remote too.

Rockin' My Roku!

Comments about Roku 2 XS:

I recently purchased a Roku after deciding that cable just costs too much! I can see the shows I want, and watch them at times I want. I don't have to worry about schedules or missing parts of my favorite shows. I just watch what I want, when I want.

I only have two complaints. The first one is that I needed to contact customer service after a storm knocked out our power while it was on. The customer service representative that answered the phone didn't seem knowledgeable enough to handle my situation. It took a few people to get it straightened out. While I realize that this is not an issue with the device itself, I do think it's important to note that maybe they are not adequately trained on servicing their equipment.

My other complaint is that I still can't watch live sports without spending a lot of money for a sport-specific package. This, in my opinion, eliminates the reason for getting rid of cable in the first place because these packages are so expensive.

Overall, though, the Roku is a great little device that saves money and allows me to watch what I like on my own terms.

It took a little while to get everything set up and working, but once I did, it was very easy to use.

Reliability
I've just had the one problem when it wouldn't work right after the power went out while the device was on.

Couldn't live without it

Comments about Roku 2 XS:

I want another one! One for every room in the house. Even my kids who are 4 and 6 can use this. The remote is so easy I taught my mom how to use it in less than 5 minutes and that impressive. Trust me! Also have the roku app on all of our phones. For some reason we can NEVER find the original remote.

Compatibility
Works with all the Internet channels I have ever heard of. Also has its own channels. Love it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Comments about Roku 2 XS:

This is an awesome item. My kids are so use to TV w/o commercials that regular TV/Cable is boring. I am very happy with the quality of picture, sound, display, speed, and etc. I have had it for over 4 years and it is still going strong.

Picture Quality
We use an older TV but have always experienced great picture quality.

No brainer; Point, clic and go; Very easy remote to use

Reliability
Never had issues with the Roku. My internet isn't always the best but never had an issue with the Roku being a problem

Compatibility
never had issues with it not working with my TV; At one point before we had additional Rokus, we would move the one we had upstairs and downstairs. We had perfect use even with moving it around.

Better way to watch T.V

Comments about Roku 2 XS:

I love the Roku 2 XS. Dropped my cable for it and now only use internet at my house. Plus my kids can play games on it that they love, like Angry Birds. It has tons of educational channels on it also like PBS kids.

Reliability
Sometimes and very rarely it will shut itself off. Now mine is about a year old and refurbished and does restart very quickly.

Roku 2XS

Comments about Roku 2 XS:

The Roku works as described. My only complaint is that the Roku 2XS offers marginal viewing options unless you subscribe to a monthly paid streaming service such as Netflix or HuluPlus

Picture Quality
The HDMI picture is great on my Panasonic plasma television.

• Compatibility:

The roku is in my opinion one of the best for streaming content.

Comments about Roku 2 XS:

Soon as I got home I found that to set it up was easy and took under five minutes, and I was streaming content. I also found that ROKU offered so many free channels and games!! I originally got it just for Netflix but found I can do and watch so much more. Its small design makes for easy placement any ware on my TV stand. It has lots of extra USB port plus a slot for a micro SD card. I bought the more price one for the advance remote and let me tell you its well worth it, it has motion technology witch is great for games it also works on radio waves so you never have to point it at the TV. I use it VIA Wi-Fi but you can straight wire it too but the Wi-Fi gives you the freedom to move it to any TV in house. This product has no draw backs that I can find I love it so much I plan to buy the latest version. Trust me when I tell you this product is a must buy you get your moneys worth and so much more!!!

Picture Quality
Picture quality is good but better your HD cables better your picture will be.