3.7

Rockin' Green Funk Rock Ammonia Bouncer

3.7

Pros

Cons

Worked great with our hard water

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about Rockin' Green Funk Rock Ammonia Bouncer:

We cloth diapered my daughter for around a year & a half. We used Rockin Green as our primary cloth diaper detergent. After a few months, we noticed that her diapers started smelling. It was not pleasant. We didn't want to quit cloth diapering, and didn't want to have to strip diapers all the time, so we found out about Rockin Green Funk Rock.
The water where we live is not that great for cloth diapers. It's very hard and has lots of minerals that can build up on the diapers. We started using Funk Rock in our pre-rinse and it worked great! It helped get some of the yuckiness in the water from causing build-up in our diapers. It was so nice to have diapers come out of the drier smelling like nothing (as compared to smelling like pee!)

Works very well. We have super hard water and Funk Rock was a lifesaver! It helped keep our diapers from getting build-up. Just use a scoop in your pre-wash. The bag is pretty small, but it lasts a while since you don't have to use very much at a time.

Doesn't really have a scent. It's not the main detergent.

Not the best value for the money

Comments about Rockin' Green Funk Rock Ammonia Bouncer:

Rockin green, though cloth diaper safe is not what I would call budget friendly. It gets my diapers clean, but so does a different, cheaper brand that is more accessible to me. The scent didn't matter, I learned, because it doesn't stay on your clothes or diapers after you're done drying everything. I see no reason to go out of my way and price range to buy this "special" laundry soap. It was an inconvenience to use more than anything.

It gets my laundry clean, that's about it. It doesn't remove stains or leave behind a scent even when using a scented variety. I give it a 9 because it does get rid of all poops and stinks, doesn't cause buildup, repelling, or rashes, so that's a plus.

The soap smells great but doesn't keep the scent after drying, so what's the point? It gets a 7 not for the way it smells, but because it removes the stink effectively. If there's a price difference in scented or not, I would go scent free.

Overpriced!

Comments about Rockin' Green Funk Rock Ammonia Bouncer:

I'm a HUGE fan of Rockin' Green detergent, but just couldn't get on board with Funk Rock. I was disappointed at how small the bag was, and didn't think it worked very well. When I first started cloth diapering, I broke a lot of "rules" and needed to strip my diapers regularly. I figured that this would be the best option since I love their detergent, but this laundry treatment didn't do anything for me.

I didn't notice a difference in managing stink issues in cloth diapers, which is what this product is designed to do.

I don't think there was much of a scent- it's not scented in the way their other products are.