4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Robitussin Cough and Chest Congestion Breaks up Mucus

Depending on the severity of colds, flu, and allergies, coughs can sometimes get out of control. With the misery of congestion factored in, you have all the makings of a day off of work or school, but there is a potential correction to the problem and it is known as **Robitussin DM Cough and Chest Congestion.**

**Cold Medicine Commentary:**

Robitussin DM Cough and Chest Congestion contains two active ingredients: Dextromethorphan HBr (10mg, Cough suppressant) and Guaifenesin USP (100 mg, Expectorant). These two ingredients work in unison to get coughing under control and to loosen mucus, to make coughs more productive.

I usually don't get really nagging coughs, but when I do, Robitussin DM Cough and Chest Congestion is one of the products to which I turn for some quick relief. Most of my coughs can be controlled with cough drops alone, but a cough drop is practically useless when a really nagging cough has you in its grip and won't let go. It is times like this when you need to reach for the powerful medications and as far as over the counter medicines go Robitussin products are among the more powerful.

Robitussin DM Cough and Chest Congestion special expectorant works to break up chest congestion so that coughing will eventually settle down. One problem with using ordinary cough drops, when you also have chest congestion, is that they don't break up the mucus. And since mucos is a large part of the reason for a bad cough, the coughing continues.

I have had positive experiences with Robitussin DM Cough and Chest Congestion and have found it an effective product. Probably the worst part of the Robitussin experience is the taste. It can make you gag, so you have to do your best to take it as quickly as possible. But once you get past the unpleasant flavor, a good level of relief is on the way.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

** **

Chest congestion is often accompanied by a nagging cough and when the two show up together, Robitussin DM Cough and Chest Congestion is an effective means for control. It breaks up mucus with a good deal of effectiveness so that coughs are more productive than before. Yes, the taste is nasty, but for the good level of relief you get with this medicine, the bad flavor is a small price to pay.

Congestion Relief
Helps control congestion very well

Chest Congestion Relief
Breaks up chest congestion and gets it out of your system

Cough Suppression
Coughs are kept under control

It works, but what an awful taste!

I have to say that Robitussin DM works for my coughs.  It is also cheap compared to other cough products (and I even think you can buy a generic for it).   My pharmacist recommended it to me and he was right about it working. The negative is that it tastes really awful. I don't even dare to try to give it to my kids.  I know it would just turn them off from medicine taking all together.  I drink it with a cup of water ready to drink as a chaser, but it is not enough to make the experience pleasant.  I also find that it is not good for nighttime.  It seems to keep me up/give me a restless sleep.  I don't know if it is good or bad, but it is not long-lasting.  It seemed to only work for about 4 hours and then it was time to redose. I don't know if it states this on the box.  I have successfully given my children Mucinex granules for their cough and the flavoring of that was much more pleasant.

excellent

from texas

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Effective

Cons

• Causes Drug Interactions

• Congestion
  • Cough

Comments about Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM:

excellent results and fast relive ... recomended

Lock and key

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM:

This is one cough medicine that needs to be handled with care. I like using it because the overall taste is a bit more pleasant than other cough syrups available. It also seems pretty simple to get rid of the bad taste after ingesting. A thorough rinse with warm water will do the trick, cold water rinse doesn't work quite as well. When I use it I usually notice it's effects 40 or minutes later, so not too long. It lasts several hours and I find it most helpful for treating cough. It's mostly inexpensive and I usually can find a coupon for it as well. I worry about keeping it around the house unattended to because some people use it to get a rise from it. It's a scary thought for me. Also, be careful not to take a second dose too close together because it can cause a very uncomfortable feeling and once in a while it causes me nausea. It's best not to take it on en empty stomach especially if you have a sensitive stomach.

• Cough Suppression:

works fast and gives me instant relief

Comments about Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM:

I hate when I get sick especially when my nose is plugged up and I feel like I can't breathe. I tried this Robitussin Cough plus Chest Congestion Dm and it worked great. It worked fast and it soothed my throat giving me immediate relief. I felt it go down my throat slowly giving my throat a calming sensation. It didn't have a good taste at all it had very bitter taste, but it did make me feel a lot better. I felt like I could breathe again and my chest didn't ache as much. I took this at night and by morning I felt less sick. I wasn't coughing as much and my sore throat didn't hurt anymore. I would definitely buy this medicine again if I ever felt a cold or cough coming. I recommend this to anybody who gets a bad cold or cough or if you feel one coming take it and it'll prevent it from coming but keep in mind this medicine is for adults not for children. It was a little expensive but it was worth every penny.

Great Product

Comments about Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM:

I really like this product for its effectiveness in stopping my cough and draining the nasal congestion that I have. I used it recently and it helped me sleep much better than the night before. I hate not being able to breathe when I lay down and this helped with that.

Congestion Relief
This product helps with that

Chest Congestion Relief
It is very effective at this.

Cough Suppression
It helped me sleep better

Good for Children

Comments about Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM:

I gave this brand a ten because it really is a great product. I actually grew up with Robitussin. Every brand. My mother would give it to me as a child. So I am no stranger when it comes to it. Not only do I use it for me but I also have the brand recommended for children because I know it works and I know my sixteen month old son will take it without any problem and get better within hours. Which is another factor I look for in things like this because it takes a lot for my son to take his cold medicine without a fuss.
I also like how fast it worked, seriously, twenty minutes and I feel great.
I also love how affordable it is too. Less than ten bucks for the family size.
My sore throat, runny noise, and soreness is gone, affordable, and durable. What more can anyone else ask for.
I also like how my husband likes this cough medicine too. He agrees with me. He feels great after twenty minutes upon taking it.

• Cough Suppression:

Robitussin DM works every time.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM:

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM has been the most reliable cough medicine for my family and I. We started using this product after it was recommended by our family doctor. During the flu season it usually hits everyone in our house. I like the fact that this brand comes in a larger bottle that's fits great with our family of four. Robitussin DM loosens the phlegm that is causing the chest congestion. It breaks it up in the chest until finally it clears up. It also helps make coughs more productive.

Congestion Relief
This product rapidly and quickly begins to loosen chest congestion making coughs more productive.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This Robitussin does not have a pain reliever in it so it is not effective for the relief of aches and pains. This is certainly one of the downfalls of the Robitussin DM.

Cough Suppression
Although this medicine does loosen phlegm making coughs more productive but it also helps suppress the cough some where it's comfortable.

Best cold medicine

Comments about Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM:

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM is single handedly the best choice for overall chest and nasal colds to remedy both congestion and incessant coughing. This is my go to remedy, and I take it religiously to get me daytime relief when battling intense sickness. Great Choice!

Not good taste, but...

from Rib Lake, WI

Comments about Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM:

I have used cough syrup maybe twice in my entire life. Yep... that's it.
I'm not big on taking "medicine" for anything, especially not a simple cold.
But... there was one time when I was sick and I really needed the help that I knew cough syrup could provide. That was when I tried Robitussin Cough and Chest Congestion DM.
The flavor of the Robitussin Cough and Chest Congestion DM is pretty nasty. Like, really... not a good flavor at all. But it is tolerable, especially when you are taking it because you know that you need it.
This is a liquid medicine, and therefore, easy to take when you have throat that doesn't feel like swallowing pills.
The price of this cough syrup is okay, considering the prices of other brands out there.
This cough syrup actually does work, to relieve congestion and help to soothe a cough.
I'm still not a fan of cough syrup in general, but I will take Robitussin Cough and Chest Congestion DM if I am really in need of something.

Deadly

Comments about Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM:

No way Jose, not even your worst enemy. I used Robitussin and after for about 2 weeks I suffered from occasional dizzy spells. I have never had dizzy spells before so it was obvious. I feared permanent Neurological damage. Okay I over reacted but of course and you should too.

Congestion Relief
It helped cure my sickness

Chest Congestion Relief
Did what it's suppose to do.

Worked right.

Cough Suppression
Stopped my cough but at what expense, right ?

• Cough Suppression:

Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM helps me through a cold.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM:

I boast of rarely getting a cold living in Florida, but have one right now. First off I thought it was allergies, but when my sore throat, cough, and sneezing continued, after taking medication, I knew what to do.

I normally have the generic of Robitussin, but as it was on sale, I decided to get a brand for a change. It comes in a 4 fluid ounce bottle.

I have been taking it throughout the day as needed. However it seems to work the best for me at night. I take the 2 teaspoonfuls just before bed, and fall asleep almost immediately. Not only does it help me sleep, but because I am sleeping, I don't cough or sneeze. It really does get me through to the morning.

The taste is fine for me, so I have to give it 5 stars for making my cold so much easier to live with.

Congestion Relief
Relieves it so I can sleep.

Chest Congestion Relief
Really helps, although I do put Vicks on my chest at night.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Not really meant for that.

Stops me coughing.