2.3

2.3

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Cute clothes, great prices!

I recently discovered Roaman's when I was looking for alternatives to Lane Bryant. For all you plus-size girls, I think you probably know that while Lane Bryant does have some graet clothes, it also is wickedly expensive. Well, as a college student with very little income, I need bargains.

And, of course, the problem with shopping at plus-size departments in stores like Walmart or even Cato is that they don't really consider their plus-size shoppers *primarily*. They seem to think that their plus-size customers can either wear the exact same fashions as thin people, or that they don't mind wearing shirts that fit like tents.

Anyway, Roaman's is a great solution. They have a huge selection of clothes, accessories, etc. I recently purchased a swimsuit from there and it looks FANTASTIC. And let me tell you, I haven't worn a swimsuit in years. I simply could not find one that fits well and hides my tummy. The great thing is that the swimsuit only cost me $50 - a huge bargain for swimsuits - and everyone I know compliments it.

By the way, their return policy is extremely generous. So even if you don't like what you bought - you can return it! With no hassles!

Unreliable with Poor Customer Service

I checked out Roaman's online because I was looking for a boyfriend jacket, I thought it would be a nice addition to my wardrobe. They had what I was looking for, plus they had a boyfriend shirt, so I ordered them. I got a $10 off discount on the jacket even though it was on sale and the shirt was also on sale. Both items were backordered as soon as I placed the order. I figured well it is not like I need them right away, I want them to wear for Christmas.

I got the jacket via UPS back in mid-November a couple of days after receiving an email that it was sent, it was small across the shoulders and in the hips so I returned it the very next day. I still wanted the jacket, so I filled out all the necessary paperwork that came with it in order to get a replacement at a larger size. Since the jacket was cut small across the back and hips, I figured the shirt would be too (it was still on backorder) so I included in the paperwork that I wanted the shirt one size larger than I originally ordered. Just to make sure I got my point across in a clear manner, I also included a nice letter reiterating my wishes on the jacket and the shirt.

I receive an email that the shirt was shipped right after Thanksgiving, but it was still showing the smaller size. I also received a bill right after that email for merchanise I did not have. It is now the second week of December and I have yet to get the shirt or any notification about the replacement jacket. I contacted Roaman's via their website to inquire about both items.

The first email I got was a standard generic letter about returns (which had nothing to do with my questions). I sent them another email and was contacted by a customer service rep who told me they had no record that I wanted a replacement jacket so she claims they credited my account (the credit is not showing up) and if I still wanted the jacket I could re-order it, of course now the price of the jacket has gone up, the sale is over and they will not be honoring the $10 off coupon I used for the original jacket meaning I would have to pay $20 more for the jacket, plus shipping. Also, she informed me they sent the shirt via regular mail and it will not be considered lost for another 20 days. Her email was a bit rude and abrupt. There were no apologies for the errors that Roaman made, no offers to make things right, just more like an "Oh well, too bad, so sad."

I sent a second email to Roaman's letting them know about their errors and my displeasure, they have yet to respond and something tells me they will not, instead they will make me pay the $6.50 for the returned jacket and I know I will have to return the shirt since their clothes are not true to size, meaning I will have to pay them another $6.50, a total of $13 out of my pocket for nothing but inconvenience and inconsideration for the customer.

I can assure you that unless Roaman's changes their policies, stops taking advantage of their customers by sending out the merchandise individually so they can rack up return charges when the item does not fit right and makes things right, this will be my first and last time shopping with them.

Quote one price, charged a higher price!

Comments about Roamans.com:

Even after 3 sorry customer help, I just returned all items. They charged me for return plus interest fee. I would never shop with a company like this! Don't waste your time!

very poor customer service, changes price on confirmed items shipped.

Product Selection
Poor Quality!

Product Pricing
Price the sale, then changes the price to higher at shipping.

Customer Service
CRAPPY, VERY POOR

Shipping and Returns
Charge a fee for returns plus interest!

Great Clothing At A Great Price

Comments about Roamans.com:

I have been ordering from Roamans.com for almost a year now and really like the site. I have been able to find lots of great clothes and accessories at a great price. The variety of products available on the site is amazing. The styles are always up to date and look awesome. I like that I can purchase the whole outfit and matching accessories all in one place. I am really happy with the price of the products carried by Roamans. I can always get a great price on great quality items. I have only had problems with one item and it was only because it didn't fit like I wanted it to. I didn't have any problems with the return. The shipping is always fast and at a great price. I have purchased many items for myself as well as gifts and have always been more than satisfied. I will continue to use Roaman.com in the future and would like to recommend the site to all women that like to look great and not go broke while doing it.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great budget conscious shopping for women's clothing

from Moss Point, MS

Comments about Roamans.com:

I have bought numerous items from Roamans. These items were mostly women’s clothing and shoes for myself. I have also bought some gifts from Roamans, having them shipped directly to the recipient.
All of the clothing items that I purchased were always exactly as described in their listing. Colors were accurately represented on my monitor as well, so there were no surprises at turquoise being green or green being actually turquoise either. Sizing was also always accurate, matching their definition of sizes and being closely similar to the clothing industry standard sizing in the United States. This is also very important when shopping online, as receiving clothing and having it be the wrong size is a disaster in my opinion. No one likes to wear ill-fitting clothing.
I like clothing to be machine washable rather than being dry clean only. This is part of the item’s descriptions with Roaman’s, right on their website, which meant I could make purchases without worrying that I was going to have a big surprise when the item actually arrived. These machine washable clothing items all have washed without any problems as well, which is also very important to me. Items that do not wash and tumble dry well are essentially disposable clothing items if they come out looking like some sort of demented prune. I also don’t like to spend hours ironing, so it is important to me that they wash and dry well, without needing extensive ironing and starching to return them to a wearable state.
While the models on the website don’t resemble me at all in size or body shape, the clothing is represented well enough that I have a pretty good idea of what it will look like when I receive the item. As a result, I can make an informed and reasonable decision as a consumer about which items I want to buy. Being able to do so also means that I will not waste money buying an item that I do not like and will not wear.
I love the sales with Roaman’s too. Their sales have provided great boosts to my wardrobe, as I am a budget conscious shopper.
As for the quality of the clothing items that I have purchased from Roaman’s, I have been satisfied. Construction of the clothing was generally good, which has meant that they have been reasonably durable since their purchase. The fabrics used in the manufacturing of the clothing was not high quality, but it also was not cheap, inferior quality fabric. I would call the fabrics used as mid-grade. The clothing did often have cost cutting shortcuts, such as not having jackets lined, to help reduce the prices charged. This is not an uncommon thing, as we see that often in clothing sold in the United States.
I have never had a problem with orders being incorrect, nor any problems in receiving them. Everything that I ordered was exactly as described, which also meant that I was happy with my purchases and did not need to return any items as a result of dissatisfaction of any kind. That’s the way purchases are supposed to go, although we all know that there are occasions where there is a flaw in a garment or it has something unexpected in its fit that means it is the incorrect size or otherwise unacceptable.
It is always a sign of confidence with a company when I am willing to make a purchase through their website for a gift and have it shipped directly to the recipient. Having a gift arrive and be of poor quality, poor sizing, or ill-fitting is particularly unpleasant, as it takes away the recipient’s potential joy and instead creates disappointment. No one wants the gift’s intended recipient to end up disappointed rather than pleased. I have never been dismayed by the gift’s arrival at the recipient’s door step, but instead have been able to enjoy the pleasure of making someone happy.
The vast majority of the items that I have purchased have been what I’d call budget conscious business dress, not special occasion or casual attire. It’s the typical sort of clothing worn by women in most social situations and in the corporate environment, rather than special occasion or leisure activities. I’m not sure that I’d be willing to purchase a special occasion outfit via any mail order or online retailer—some things are just worth spending the time, effort, and money to buy in person, and special occasion attire is usually one of them.
Roaman’s is a company that I feel confident about purchasing from for myself, as well as for gifts. I also feel comfortable recommending the company to friends and family.

Shipping and Returns
Their shipping has always been timely and reasonable. However, I have never needed to return an item.

roamans.com

Comments about Roamans.com:

I really enjoyed my shopping experience with roamans.com. I was thrilled when I found out they were going to email me a 30% off coupon just for being a new customer. I went ahead and browsed through the site and ordered a two piece, satin, all pink shorts set. When this beautiful sleepwear shorts set arrived at my home, it looked just as the picture on the site showed it. The fabric is very comfortable, easy on my skin, and durable after every wash and every wear. The ordering process was fairly easy. All I had to do was select the color, size I needed, select the quantity of the product, and add it to my shopping bag. They even offered 50% off the shipping costs and added the discount immediately. The item shipped within a few business days and I have enjoyed shopping with them ever since.

Customer Service
Customer service is very understanding and easy to communicate with.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is very quick and I've never had an issue with returns.

Very Poor Quality

Comments about Roamans.com:

I previously ordered several shirts same fabric and style but different colors. One of the 7 shirts I ordered was what I considered quality fabric the remainder were made of cheap and very thin fabric. I've seen T-shirts made of better quality. I looked on the label and saw that they were not made in the US which explained it all. It is really sad because the size was great but the quality was very poor. I would much rather pay several dollars more to get better quality. I will go back to buying clothes in a store where I can check to see where the clothes were made.

OVERCHARGED AND CRAPPY CSR

Comments about Roamans.com:

Part of my order was on backorder,which they should have told me when I placed the order, then I called because it said it was cancelled and then they said they refunded money and it WAS NOT! Now I have a big hassle over a 9.99 shirt! I will not order from this company again! And the csr was very UNHELPFUL!

models should be more representative of demographic!

Comments about Roamans.com:

I think this company has decent clothing. Really I do. And I am not one to always gripe about models needing to be "more plus size". If you have a size 10/12, I really won't complain. I used to receive their catalogs and never even glanced at them without dumping in the trash because I didn't even know they carried my size (14/16) as the models look to be a size 4 possibly, which I know is near obesity for the straight size modeling world.

I think there is decent variety here, and as I reach a "certain age" I may give them another look, but I would be much more inclined to buy if the women in the clothing looked a LITTLE more like me. Lane Bryant uses plus size models, so I am not sure why Roaman's chooses not to.

I do think the quality is fair for the prices. I have actually gotten some Roaman's pieces at a resale store here in Los Angeles. Not bad. I cannot give an opinion as to customer service as I have not had a complaint or question regarding shipping or returns, etc.

Poor quality of items and very poor customer service

Comments about Roamans.com:

I only ordered because I was using a code for free shipping. Shipping rates are very high compared to other websites. I was charged shipping anyway and told that once the order ws processed, they could not remove the shipping charges. I even emailed the company before placing the order because I wanted to make certain I was not charged shipping. I was told that when I submitted the order, the shipping would be removed. It wasn't.

I ordered 5 items. Returned a coat becaus the material was not what I had been led to believe. I have 3 shirts. Have washed one shirt 1 time and it is already fading.
Purchased one bra and the material is just plain ugly.
Do not buy from Roamans or Woman Within. They are the same company. I purchased from Woman Within and the item I purchased was $50. I had to return part of the order and total of shipping was $60. Stay away from these companies.

Returns/Refunds On Orders is a Hassle

Comments about Roamans.com:

This is my second encounter with this company and I am not pleased. Never was. My first ever order doesn't even appear on my account history on the site. The first pair of boots I ordered was back in 2011.

Recently I returned an order in early December 2012 and tracked it via the tracking number on the order invoice sheet. Not to mention I also received another customer's invoice order sheet with mine. NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL.

According to tracking my order was returned/delivered on the 10th of December. When I first called about it, a rep told me they had received my order and I should see a refund by the end of that week.

I called again (over a month later) and it was as if the rep couldn't hear me on the other line, repeating "hello..." Very odd, considering I heard her quite clearly on my end. I was tossed over to another rep who said they had received the order today 01/10/2013 (which is a month later) and that is has not been processed. It takes a WHOLE MONTH to process a returned order? Really?

According to their site a refund "check" is issued the same week and if by credit, allow for 1-2 billing statements to appear once the order is processed. Will my refund be issued next month? My returned order is not even in their system when I spoke to yet another customer service rep today.

This company seems unorganized, if not shady and sketchy, about returns and refunds. I'm considering taking further action against this company about my refund. The quality is poor to average. The customer service is average, only because the wait isn't extremely long. But the people are poor to average when you speak with someone.

I WOULD NOT recommend Roaman's to anyone. I've only ever ordered shoes, but I obviously returned one pair and only kept the other because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning the order. Returning an order and receiving a refund is a definite hassle because apparently it takes FOREVER to process a return.

I WILL NEVER order from this company again and I warn anyone else against doing so as well.

In Stock items take 3 months to deliver Tell The Truth!

from Bella Vista, AR

Comments about Roamans.com:

Sadly, Roaman's communication is very poor. I have had difficulty multiple times because items shown as in stock very often are not. And then there are numerous delays once they announce an expected date. My experience has been an average of 3 months wait for products that are shown as in stock at checkout. Further, the Bra Club communications state 30 days to recieve a coupon for a free bra. Not so. Now they tell me 30 BUSINESS days. But that new date was over 10 days ago. Why can't they just tell their customers the truth????Another example: I applied for a Roaman's card and found the initial credit limit too low, I told Roaman's not to send one. Well, they did anyway. Once I did receive ordered items, they were usually satisfactory. After giving them a second chance, I found that their old ways have not changed. What a pity that Roaman's cannot fix their communication problems. They are losing my business to other online retailers even though their products are good.