Other Anti-Aging Skin Cares:

RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Love how Roc night cream makes my dark spots and wrinkles fade

It seems that in the past few years whenever I try to get a tan on my face I end up getting dark spots that are too large to be freckles and not large enough to call a tan.  Not attractive!  Also, I have been accumulating laugh lines, crows feet and generally more lines on my face that I'd rather have less of.

That's when I decided to give Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream a try.  After the first few uses I did notice that my skin was much softer.  I did use it near my eyes and that area became a bit irritated in the first month of use. This stopped happening after that.  I was using a different brand eye cream and they may have been reacting to each other.  So, I suggest you use Roc eye cream with Roc face cream.

After a month I saw a notable difference in my skin's color.  My skin tone was much more even and my entire face seemed more firm.  My laugh lines were less noticeable as well as the crows feet around my eyes.  I do notice that if I don't keep using the cream nightly, the lines and dark spots will creep back.

I am overall pleased with this product and am considering purchasing more Roc products.  Especially the eye cream!

Not one of RoC's best products and the scent is TOO strong!

***Quick View:*** RoC is a good name in drugstore brand anti aging products and they make some very good formulas that beat out the high end stuff. As a BzzAgent, I received three full sized tubes of **RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream** to try. I was excited to use this cream but I am now disappointed. It's OK but not at all what I had hoped.

***My Take on RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream***

This cream comes in a one ounce gold tube. It is to be used nightly and can be used under heavier moisturizers. Retinol is the closest thing you can get to Retin A which has been proven to reduce sun damage and the depth of wrinkles. It is a much less potent ingredient but it does help the skin.

The cream is white and smells. I mean it really, really smells. It's not a bad scent. It's floral. VERY floral. I have no idea why RoC decided to heavily scent a face cream. They never did before. I have allergies and this cream about killed me with the scent.

But I did use it for several weeks at night anyway. It didn't sting or burn although it can do that on sensitive skin at first. It is oil free so it absorbed fast with no residue. My face felt firm after I applied the cream but also dry. I didn't use moisturizer over it because I didn't want to dilute the effects but I probably should have as my skin is dry.

I am 45 and I am fighting aging tooth and nail. I hoped that **RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream **would really turn back the hands of time as promised. It promises that you will look 10 years younger after 12 weeks of use. I didn't.

The cream did smooth my skin and leave it slightly glowing. It evened my skin tone a bit and it may have lessened fine lines a little. I certainly did not see a dramatic change. However, perhaps if I had used the cream for several months, i would have seen cumulative effects. The scent was too strong for me to continue after several weeks so I went back to my stand bys.

I think this product can work for some but can't erase deep wrinkles. Even prescription creams can't do that. This can lessen the appearance of lines though.

***My Viewpoint***

**RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream** is an affordable anti aging cream that may work well for you. Be sure to use sunscreen when using this or any Retinol based product and to use it sparingly until you see how your skin responds. I am disappointed in the scent. I probably would have used it for much longer if the floral scent hadn't made my allergies flare up. ***3 stars.***

Absorption
It is oil free so it absorbed fast with no residue.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I haven't had any issues with this product causing breakouts or otherwise clogging my pores. It is oil free so that is probably a big help.

Turn Back The Clock With RoC

Comments about RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream:

I have spent quite a lot of money on skin care products over the years. Living in a desert climate, I am fighting a constant battle with dry skin and the damage the sun and sweating can cause as well as natural aging. While my friends and my other half may be charitable and call my wrinkles "laugh lines" or "character lines"--they know as well as I do that they are WRINKLES--and I have quite a few, both shallow and deep.

A few years ago I began my serious battle against the ravages of time, with Loreal products and a Neutrogena micro-dermabrasion kit. While that was a very good start that has had visible results, those very deep "laugh lines" defied correction, until a friend recommended RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream. She said she used it after her micro-dermabrasion, and following steam treatments--and since her laugh lines were almost gone, I figured it was worth a try.

Currently, I alternate between steam treatments and micro-dermabrasion, and I apply a small amount of RoC after the treatments. While this product may seem pricey, at 16-20.00 a tube, a little bit goes a very long way. On average, a tube will last me about 5-6 weeks, with nightly use. When you apply it, you might notice a slight warmth or a tingly feeling--which is nothing to be concerned about, as long as it is very mild and you don't see any redness or irritation developing. While I have used it in the past without preparing my skin first with a facial scrub or a steam treatment, I have found it has the most visible results and the longest lasting results if I apply it after exfoliating and a steam treatment, or micro-dermabrasion. I also found it absorbs much faster if my skin is slightly damp and my pores have been opened with one of my other treatments, especially steam. RoC Retinol Correxion absorbs well, and doesn't feel heavy or greasy on my skin either, a real plus. When I first started using it, I began to see a difference in my wrinkles and the clarity of the skin around my eyes after a few weeks of nightly use, and now I never miss a night if I can avoid it. While the deepest of my wrinkles haven't disappeared, they are a lot shallower, and no new wrinkles have developed in the last few years, so I would say this product is well worth the price.

I will say I wish the product had a nicer smell--to me it has a very faint sour milk sort of scent. It doesn't have a strong enough smell that other people will notice, and the smell doesn't linger long, but it's not the best smell anyway. Oh, well--I guess you can't have everything!

Absorption
This product absorbs very well on dry skin, but it absorbs much faster on damp skin if your pores are fully open. If you don't do facial steaming treatments, try laying a hot wet wahscloth over your face for a few minutes after using a facial scrub.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I have never seen any sign of clogged pores with RoC--no blackheads or other pimples.

It definitely decreases the appearance of heavy wrinkles, and it seems to prevent the development of new wrinkles as well.

Very Impressive wrinkle cream

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream:

I have never used ROC products before and I saw that this product was on sale at my local drugstore. I was looking for a product to help with wrinkles in my brow area. I am in my mid thirties and noticed a large wrinkle forming between my eyes. I applied this product at night after washing my face. I just used a small amount in the area that I needed it. It did not cause any irritation or redness at all. I could feel a tingle, and it felt like my skin was tighter where I applied the product.
I was amazed at the difference I saw after a week of using this product. My wrinkles were much less visible and my skin was firmer in that area.
This is a great product that I will continue to use, it is inexpensive, but works great.

Absorption
This cream absorbs very well into the skin, does not leave your face looking oily or greasy.

This product really does show results with minimizing fine lines and wrinkles.

Fantastic

from Victoria, MN

Comments about RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream:

I was very happy with the results of this product. I saw a noticeable difference in fine lines and fine wrinkles. I also noticed a lightening of sun spots on my face. I have fairly sensitive skin but this Cream did not irritate my skin at all. I saw no redness, tingling, itching or irritation.. I would definitely recommend this product.

Absorption
I absorbs quickly. I like this about this product because I applied it before bed, after I finished cleansing and I want a product which absorbs right away. I do not want to be waiting around for a product which does not speedily absorb.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I had no problem with clogged pores. I saw absolutely no difference after using this Cream compared to before I began its use.

As I stated above, I was very pleased with the results. I was not expecting such a good outcome from a product which can be purchased over-the-counter without a Doctor's prescription.

A decent nightcream

from Omaha, NE

Comments about RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream:

So, I don't have any deep wrinkles, but I am hoping to keep it that way! I have been using this product for about three weeks now, and I don't see any change one way or another in my skin. However, after I wash my face at night, I like to use some kind of moisturizer, and this one is a nice weight. My skin can be sensitive at times, but I have not experienced any kind of burning or redness like some of the other reviewers have. I use about three pea-sized dabs (each cheek and forehead), so it doesn't take much. It has a nice fragrance which quickly goes away. In the morning, my skin feels balanced and ready to face the day. Even though the bottle (tube) looks small, I still have plenty of product even after several weeks of use.

Absorption
Easily absorbed, and does not feel like a film has been left behind.

Doesn't Clog Pores
No problems with clogged pores so far.

Does it alleviate deep wrinkles? I haven't seen it -- but I am willing to keep trying!

Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream

Comments about RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream:

I had a night cream that I always used and I was very loyal to it until I went to the store to buy it only to find out it has been discontinued which means it was time to find a new one. I went to the store to browse and found the Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream and I immediately wanted to try it. I definitely love the product much more than the one I had used earlier on because it is moisturizing and goes on smooth whenever I apply it. It does smell nice and I have noticed a huge difference since I started using it. It did not irritate my skin and it doesn’t feel harsh to the skin either. It is a very good product but the only downside is that it comes in a very small tube and for the price you paid for it; you will think you’ll get something bigger. Overall I recommend the Roc product and you should give it a try if you are in the market for a new night cream that actually works.

The best of the best!

from Davis, CA

Comments about RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream:

I'm old. Yep, at 60 years-old, I have to admit that I'm older than many around me. But, it doesn't mean I have to look it. So, I asked my dermatologist what I could use. She suggested a few creams and gels, all of which work well and all have retinol in them. When my insurance stopped covering the most expensive of my skin care products, I decided to try RoC and am glad I did! It works very well--as well as my very expensive cream.

One caveat though. It is very irritating for those with sensitive skin, which includes me. My skin looked red, dry and flaky. However, this doesn't last long. Definitely use this at nighttime.

Additionally, this is one of the very few products I can safely use on my neck. The wrinkles have nearly disappeared.

Absorption
It is non-greasy and goes on just like any lotion. It is absorbed into the skin within no time.

Doesn't Clog Pores
This product is non-oily and non-comedogenic, so it doesn't cause breakouts or clog pores.

I stuck with this product for many months and it made my skin smoother and more youthful looking.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

No visible results, just redness

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream:

I had seen many magazine advertisements for this cream. I have two very deep wrinkles on my forehead in between my eyebrows. I wanted something topical that would work to lessen the look and severity of these lines. Unfortunately, this cream did not help me. Despite the fact that it bills itself as a deep wrinkle cream, my lines were just as marked as they were before the cream. All I was left with was a severe red mark where I applied the cream The directions call for a ceasing of use if irritation occurs. I waited a few days after my initial irritation and tried to reapply, but still had the redness and flakiness. I was not able to finish the entire tube. I then gave the tube to my mother, who's skin is less sensitive. She was able to use the remainder of the tube without redness but she too did not find a lessening in her deep wrinkles.

Absorption
The cream absorbed easily into my skin. Unfortunately, that led to an instant reddening of my skin.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I did not have any pimples or oiliness around the application area.

I suffered too much redness and flakiness from this product to be able to see any real results. If you have sensitive skin, I would highly caution you when using this product

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Effective for minimizing deep wrinkles on my forehead and cheeks

from Harlingen, TX

Comments about RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream:

I have noticed a difference in the appearance of the deep wrinkles on my forehead, in the middle of my cheeks (deep smile lines), and above my lip. The cream is light and absorbs quickly. The scent isn't the greatest, but it doesn't completely turn me off. I noticed some redness after using it for a few days, but after a few weeks I didn't notice any sensitivity to it. I use this at night before bed, and typically follow it with a night moisturizer. I have not noticed any problems with combining it with other products like this other night moisturizer.

Absorption
This cream absorbs quickly and does not leave any sort of greasiness or residue on my skin.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I have not noticed any clogged pores stemming from the use of this product. It is light and absorbs well into my skin.

I have definitely noticed some difference in the appearance of the deep wrinkles in my forehead, on my cheeks especially when I smile, and above my lip.

Jury is out

from Brewster, NY

Comments about RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream:

Regarding lines: I wish I could tell you I know if this is doing any good. Cannot say. I have been using it for about 6 months. It feels good. It absorbs well. It seems to last overnight as my skin is not dry when I wake up. I really do not see any difference. Maybe it is keeping me from getting worse? All I can say is that for the low price of this well regarded cream, I suggest you try it. Everyone's skin is different. Everyone's genetics (the primary source of any wrinkles you have) is different, too.
However, when it comes to age spots, I do see a difference. I do think it helps to fade brown spots. However, be diligent, it might take many weeks before you see any change. Age spots will not disappear, only fade somewhat (again, everyone is different, I am very pale so I see changes more readily than someone with more pigment in their skin) and you must use it at least 5 times per week. For this purpose, I do recommend this cream.
I am concerned about using creams such as this in the Summer months. I use sunscreen but I am outside a lot. I do not know if I should stop using it or use it more often. May speak with my dermatologist about this.

Good for age spots, not sure about wrinkles.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream didn't help me.

Comments about RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream:

RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream didn't help me. We all have things that we hate about our skin. Medium to deep wrinkles may bother you. I don't have a lot of wrinkles. My bigger concern is dark (age) spots. But I thought I would try this product as a proactive, preventative step. I figured if it helped with my current light lines and wrinkles now, it may be something I will want to use if (when) I get deeper wrinkles.

I gave the product a fair test. I bought two tubes and used the product every night. It is a nice, light cream that does not feel heavy or thick. It feels very light when I apply a light coat around my eyes and smile lines. It actually feels very nice.

But after using two tubes (about 3 or 4 months), I saw and felt absolutely no change. Maybe it didn't work for me because I really don't have the problem that they designed and formulated it to combat. If I had deep wrinkles, maybe it would have helped with them. But for my skin condition, it was a failure. Overall score, I give it a 5.