View more crock pots slow cookers

Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Rival
38601-C
Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker

Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

Makes the Best Pot Roast

I rarely use it anymore because it is too big for two of us but I keep my **Rival 6 quart Crock- Pot  **to make my world famous pot roast and now my daughter's Creamy Italian Chicken dish. I don't know what I will do when it dies.This crock-pot has a removable glazed piece of stoneware and a tempered glass lid that allows you to see what's cooking without lifting it.  Because the stoneware is removable it makes for easy cleanup.  I even run the lid and stoneware through my dishwasher.Cooking with this slow cooker is a breeze with the many settings it comes with.  Set it for 4, 6, 8 or 10 hours.  When it has finished cooking the pot will automatically change its setting to warm.  This way your food stays warm but doesn't overcook.   Try my daughter's chicken recipe.  You'll love it.**Ingredients:** * 3-4 chicken boneless chicken breasts * 1 can cream of chicken soup * 1 packet of dry Italian dressing * 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese

**Directions:**

* Place the chicken breasts (uncooked) on the bottom of the crock pot. * Pour the cream of chicken soup on top. * Sprinkle the dry Italian soup mix on top of chicken and soup. * Throw in the cream cheese on top. * Cook on low for 3-4 hours. * Shred the chicken with two forks. * Pour the mixture over hot pasta and serve.

Rival 38601 6-quart Crock Pot...wish I could say I liked it

I really wanted to like this.  When I got this as a gift I was so excited.  The more I used it my excitement faded.  First of all it's way too hot even on low.  All of my previous crock pots had low settings that were truly low...around 175 degrees. This low setting has to be about 350 degrees.  I find I have a lot of crispy crittered food if I try to use this as it was intended to be used...a slow cooker.

Second...and this ties in with the first objection...It get so hot a lot of things stick to the crock.  The only thing that keeps things from sticking is the crock pot liners.  If I want to use my crock pot I've got to have the liners.  The crock should be much easier to clean than it is.

On the plus side, it's very sleek and modern looking.  It fits in well with black/stainless  appliances.  It's big but not deep.  It's pretty but not practical.  Now where did I put my old crock pot????

One of the better ones

Comments about Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I use this crock pot a lot. Especially in the winter time. probably once or twice a week. It works well and i have never had a problem with it. I would recommend this crock pot.

Time to Heat
It has settings for 4-6-8 hours and it after it reaches the time it then shuts down to a warm mode. It heats in the time it says that it will

Cooking Performance
It does as advertised for cooking.

I have yet to find a crock pot the clean "easily". I find that the sides are really hard to clean. I usually have an easier time with it if i clean it when it is still hot vs. soaking it.

It is very easy to use. Just plug it in and place it on the setting you desire. It would be nice if it has a separate switch that you could just set it on warm from the get go instead of having to go through the whole cook time.

I like the large bowel and that it removes from the base. Also the oval shape allows for easier storage and can still fit things like a whole chicken in it.

I have had time for about 10 years now and it has served me well. Still works as well as the day that i bought it

Great Slow Cooker

Comments about Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I was so excited to find this large slow cooker at a yard sale years ago! I only ever was able to afford one of the tiny one quart slow cookers before, so this was a godsend. I have been using it at least twice a week ever since then, and I have had no problems at all, except recently I have to push the buttons harder. Everything always comes out perfectly cooked, and I really like the warmer setting that it automatically adjusts to once the timer runs out. I have fun inventing new recipes for the slow cooker, and am ever so pleased with mine!

Time to Heat
Doesn't take long at all to heat up

Cooking Performance
I'm convinced you could throw some sticks, mud, and saliva into a slow cooker, and 8 hours later have a meal fit for a king. I swear, everything we cook in it just comes out wonderfully!

Easy to clean both the stoneware insert and the unit itself

Just dump ingredients in, set the timer, and go about your merry way! Come back to a home cooked meal that tastes great!

The only thing I would change is to make the lid a locking lid.

I'm not even sure how old mine is, and it's just got one little problem. I have to really push the buttons to get it to recognize that I want to change the settings. I think it's just old and worn out from use!

a dependable crockpot

from Millstone Township, NJ

Comments about Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have owned this crockpot for several year and use it at least once a week. It makes dinner time so easy. My only issue is that my workday is so long that by the time I get home, the food can sometimes be burnt. I have corrected this problem by setting the crockpot up with a timer. My favorite meal to make in the crockpot is ribs with BBQ sauce and sauerkraut. You set it and forget it. It leaves a wonderful aroma in the house and the kids love it too. I would recommend this crockpot, but again, I wish it had a feature for a turn off after cooking something. I have also used those crockpot liners, which make cleaning up after a meal, a cinch! It works well for stews and soups and there are many resources online to learn new recipes. Even the stores sell mixes that can be used in the crockpot, though those are sometimes a bit salty. I would recommend this brand of crockpot to all who are looking for a larger sized crockpot. You can make enough for leftovers!

Great crockpot!

Comments about Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I used this bad boy to cook a whopping 5 pounds of pulled pork over the course of 7 hours. It did the job fantastically! Everything cooked through well and evenly leaving me with some of the most tender pork tenderloin I had eaten for a while. The bowl is a bit heavy to move, and can get hot, but once it cools it is dishwasher heaver. Once I was done with my cooking however I had to take some time to really scrub out the bottom as food had stuck to the bottom. Not burned, but pretty well adhered to it. While that maybe from what I was cooking overall I'd like it better if bowl was more non stick.

Time to Heat
Heated up quickly enough and kept at the right temperature through out the cooking time.

Cooking Performance
Cooked everything evenly and well.

The bowl is dishwasher safe, but food stuck to the bottom was difficult to remove.

Four settings, four choices!

A nice enough design, nothing to write home about but it will look comfortable in any modern kitchen.

Felt like a tough little machine.

Works for me

from Yukon, OK

Comments about Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I don't use the crockpot for much. Every once and awhile I cook beans or maybe some chicken dish. It has always worked perfect for me. I think that the outside does get a little hot. I like the buttons instead of the knob that is on most.

Time to Heat
If I want it cooked in four hours the high on four hours will make sure it is done.

I stick the bowl in the dishwasher and it comes out clean.

Kitchen Must Have!

from Des Plaines, IL

Comments about Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

Now that it is winter and the cold weather is really starting to sink into our lives, it is prime time for crock pot recipes! The dreary days make it hard to muster up the energy to cook a meal, but with this crock pot in your kitchen cabinets a hot and hearty meal is never more than a few hours away. I love simply mixing my ingredients in the morning and throwing them into the big porcelain pot, selecting how long I want it to cook for, and then I am free to go about my day without thinking twice about lunch or dinner. No need to fuss over it - which is wonderful when you have little kids to chase around like I do. Plus, speaking of kids, it is super safe to have on all day while you are not in the kitchen. No exposed flames or hot burners to keep a careful eye on. Crock pots are a must! I have this specific model and I love it. It heats up fast and cooks food evenly. The "pot" pops out for easy cleaning and the lid is clear so you can peak in on your dinner without having to lift the lid (which adds 20 minutes to your cooking time, yikes!) It's also stylish, which is a nice bonus! I highly recommend this crock pot.

Rival Smart Pot works great

from Brighton, MI

Comments about Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love my Rival Smart Pot slow cooker. It has worked so well every time. I love that I can set it and leave it. I have never not had a dish cooked in time. If anything, you could almost choose the setting below what you think you need. It is study, easy to clean, and hold up well.

It looks nice...but...

Comments about Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I received this for my wedding seven years ago. I "made do" with it for 6 years, but never was completely satisfied. First of all, mine ran pretty hot. If I wanted to cook something high, I used the cook low setting. The "keep warm" was my "low" setting. I never felt like I could leave something cooking in it while I was gone (which is somewhat the purpose of a crock pot). I had one meal burn because I left it cooking on low. Also the lid easily came off. It is not transportable. If you would like to bring a crock pot to a pot luck, this is not the one. The timer is a nice feature, but I rarely used it because of it running hot. I received a crock pot for Christmas last year with clamps so I can transport it without everything spilling. I have been much happier with it.

It heats up quickly.

Cooking Performance
My slow cooker cooked way too hot.

It is fairly easy to clean. It is heavy making it a bit hard to hand wash.

It is easy to use. The time and settings are very straight forward.

The lid was not designed well. It falls off way too easily when moved.

It is heavy and durable. It has lasted many years for me.

Gets a bit too hot

Comments about Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

Like most of the previous reviews have stated I have to agree, this pot does get a bit too hot. I do find that it still gets the job done and I really have no other complaints. The crispy edges do tend to be a pain to clean but a Magic Eraser usually does the trick. I love that I can place the stoneware insert and lid in the dishwasher for easy cleanup.

Gets the job done!

Just toss it in the dishwasher

Set it and forget it

Very sleek looking. Goes well with my other black/stainless appliances.

I've only had it a couple months but it seems well made.

Crockpot cooking

from Webster, MA

Comments about Rival Smart-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have had this crockpot for over 8 years. It works great and cooks food well. I have had to learn to adjust temperatures for certain recipes. I have noticed that it tends to burn or overcook things when meals are cooked all day on low. I have ended up putting it on warm when cooking all day. For the most part, I would buy this brand again.