Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Rival Crock-Pot 6-Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

Rival 6 quart crock pot is essential to my kitchen!

I have been a crock pot user for years but about a year ago, I realized my stand-by smaller Rival crock pot just wasn't big enough to be versatile. It had and continues to be an absolute work horse for our family with four kids, but the original was just too small. So off I go to find a replacement of equal quality -- just bigger. Well, the Rival 6 quart did not disappoint and I am using it even as I write this. I strongly recommend one of the many crock pot cookbooks out there just for ideas, but even the simple little guide that comes with the crock pot is helpful. For those who are critical of crock pot cookery, you just have to learn to use them to suit your own recipes! The only complaint I have is that the handle on the see-through lid came off and cannot be repaired (we've tried everything) so I lift off the hot lid with a staple remover. Yes, that may sound like a ridiculous compromise but it works! It's just a minor inconvenience. Considering the fact that the crock pot simply is not an expensive kitchen appliance, I'm not complaining. You need to know when it gets too hot to handle and so forth but I now use both of my crock pots regularly, depending on what I'm cooking. Best thing of all is having a delicious meal waiting while your house smells great for hours during the cooking!

Lots of room in this Crock Pot.

Our neighbor gave this as a gift to our family. The crock pot was so roomy that it was easy to fit in a chicken, potatoes, and vegetables, or a good-sized roast will all the fixin's! Its shape is also more convenient that the upright models, and its depth adds to the capacity. Cooking was consistent, and we were able to leave meals cooking while away and come back to a delicious fully-cooked supper. Although larger, it did not seem to take more time to cook the meal thoroughly. Crock-pot food is so tender and flavorful.

The attractive exterior can blend in with many kitchen decors.

I would definitely recommend this product, but be careful when transferring liquids. It is a bit hefty to work with. Also, I don't know if we transferred hot items to a cold crock pot, or vise versa, or if this happened because we had stored the inner pot in the fridge and then began cooking on high, but our cooking vessel (the interior part of the crock pot which holds the food) is now full of little cracks. The electrical element is still functioning. Finding a replacement for the inner section has proved difficult.

Bought for NASCAR looks.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Rival Crock-Pot 6-Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker:

We bought this particular slow cooker just for the sole purpose of using it for a racing party to serve a warm dip from. The unit performs very well and served our purpose perfectly. The entire family loved the NASCAR design, as well as the usefulness of the slow cooker itself. I admit we bought this one because it was NASCAR we already have some various versions of many different slow cookers. This one works as well or even better than some I have tried. I like the ease of cleaning of this unit as well, I had concerns that the NASCAR images would become distorted from the heat of the slow cooker but it has not as of yet, and we have used it many times since purchasing it. I would recommend this slow cooker to anyone especially NASCAR fans such as our family. We have gotten much enjoyment from this unit and lots of great spicy dips. Try this out at your next racing get together for a great hit with the family and friends, as well as good food.

Great product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Rival Crock-Pot 6-Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker:

I have previously purchased and still own and use this Rival Crock Pot Six Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker and I still love it today just as much as I did when I got it 4 years ago. I can honestly say that this is probably one of the best crock pots I have ever owned and it is not just because I have the one with Dale Earnhart JR on it. I have found that this is the perfect size to cook a nice family size roast with potatos and carrots in it. It cooks very evenly and slow enough that nothing I have ever cooked in it has over cooked. I love to put my thanksgiving turkey in it on low after I have slice it with its juice and it keeps the Thanksgiving turkey nice and juicy all day. I have also given this Rival Crock Pot to fellow NASCAR fans (friends and family) as gifts and everyone I have given them to also loved it. It is pretty reasonably priced and well worth the money being that it last so long. I am very happy with my Crock Pot and I would certainly recommend that all of my friends and family purchase and use this Rival Crock Pot Six Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker.

Support Your Favorite

from IN

Comments about Rival Crock-Pot 6-Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker:

The Rival Crock Pot 6 Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker is a great way to show support to your favorite NASCAR race driver. I love my Jeff Gordon crock pot, I love the product itself, and that I can support my favorite while using the product. I take this to family functions, work carry-ins as well as church pot luck dinners. I am always getting comments, both positive and negative (everyone has their own personal favorite!), but the best part is, I can always quickly and easily spot my Crock Pot, it stands out from others. I love the cooking performance, in the morning, I can load it up, a nice roast and veggies, add a little water, close the lid, set it on low and enjoy a tender, hot meal after work. If I want to make a quick snack, I can set it to high, add some Velveeta cheese and salsa, and in about 15 minutes have a hot, melty cheese dip. I can then set it to keep warm and the dish will stay warm until I shut it off.

A fun crock pot to use

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Rival Crock-Pot 6-Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker:

Crock pots now come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and covering. This one has a race car design - perfect for my daughter/son-in-law who enjoys taking their RV to the race track. This is a Rival brand - dependable, and seems to be easy to clean, although did use a liner when we did the nacho cheese. Heats quickly and temperatures seem to be accurate. Made a great gift and now they just leave this one in the motor home and they are ready to go.

• Cooking Performance:

One of the best crock pots

from Venice, FL

Comments about Rival Crock-Pot 6-Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker:

This is one of the best crock pots I've used. I have two of them. I use the Reynolds plastic liners in them so there's minimal clean-up involved. Food cooks in the amount of time promised in the cookbook included, and the "warm" setting keeps food warm - but not boiling - until it's ready to serve. The crock pot itself is a good, heavy crock that seems to distribute heat evenly. The HIGH setting is just that - HIGH heat, and the LOW setting is what I use mostly. Using the LOW setting, food will boil within 3-4 hours, usually. This crock is easy to clean if I'm not using the liners, and I've put it in the dishwasher with no effect to the crock. Staining occurs on the heating unit - but I think that's probably from sweat because the stains won't come off. They are not visible when the crock is setting inside the heating unit and cause no problems. A great crock pot and very dependable. I've had my two for over ten years and they both still work perfectly.

Rival 6qt. crock

from Winter Haven, FL

Comments about Rival Crock-Pot 6-Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker:

I wish this crock pot was a little bigger, (Round & deep) not oval. I make many things in my crock pots and needed another. This is the last one i have bought. Does the job its suppose to do. I have had this one for 4 years and have had no problems except where the handle is screwed in, the plastic is starting to crack. I have the travel case & it is still new, never used it. I bought the crock because it was the biggest size for the best price.

perfectly fine

from Portage, IN

Comments about Rival Crock-Pot 6-Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker:

This rival crock pot has been in our family for many enjoyable years. It is extremely durable, and has survived numerous trips to places like church and picnics and even long periods of time on my dusty shelves when I haven't used it a lot. It is super easy to clean, but is harder to store due to its large size.

I use this mostly in the spring and early summer because I work longer hours. I just turn it on in the morning and supper is ready when I come home. It is completely safe to use and the food is never burnt (or stuck to the bottom) I can also put tons of food in it since it is so big. When I make pulled pork, I usually have enough for my family of five and a few guests, and leftovers for at least one more meal.

I absolutely recommend rival crockpots- they will hold up to any job!

I don't use by Rival Crock Pot nearly enough!!

from Springfield, MA

Comments about Rival Crock-Pot 6-Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker:

I have had this crock pot for a while now, and I am slowly (ha ha) getting more use out of it. The overall idea is to fill the crock pot with everything need to make a complete meal and allow it to cook all day, ready just in time for dinner. There is nothing like coming home from work and smelling dinner already cooked in the kitchen. Just set the table, pour the wine, and enjoy. I am just finding that besides entrees, other culinary delights can be produced from a crock pot. Healthy soups, baked desserts, and puddings can be made. Lasagna is not a dish I would think could be made deliciously in a slow cooker, but it can be and it is delicious. Cook it up, bring the whole pot to a party and watch the reactions as people realize there is real Italian food in that pot! All I can say is experiment and get a good cook book.

Basic but reliable.

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Rival Crock-Pot 6-Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker:

**The Rival 6-Quart Crock Pot is a basic slow cooker but it's dependable. There are only three functions on this slow cooker...low, high, warm. That's it. There's a base, the crock and a lid. That's it. However, I don't find that I need anymore than that. This slow cooker is dependable, which is what you need when you want to make sure it's cooking the food for you when you aren't around or watching it. There are so many wonderful things to make in a slow cooker and the Rival 6-Quart has donet he job everytime. I find that it seems to run a little on the hot side sometimes so my food actually cooks a bit faster than a recipe would say but this is easily remedied by adjusting the recipe time if needed. All in all, it's a basic slower cooker but in many ways when it comes to slow cooking basic is perfect!**

Slow cooking made easy

from Comer, GA

Comments about Rival Crock-Pot 6-Quart NASCAR Slow Cooker:

I recieved this as a gift about 4 years ago. I didn't use but a handful of times the first few years I had it. Now, I crock pot all kinds of stuff since I am homesteading. It has been a reliable crock pot and I enjoy the larger size. I like to cook large meals and freeze, so the larger size is great for me. The pot comes out and is easy to wash and store. The lid and pot are very heavy and durable. It also comes with a handle that anchors down the lid for travel. My crockpot malfunctioned about a year ago and the low and high settings only cook high now. So everything cooks really fast. I still use it and overall it has been a great crockpot. It separates easily and is easy to clean. It is very basic though, no timers, thermostats, etc.