View more crock pots slow cookers

Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Rival
SCVPE503
Rival 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker

Rival 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker

Prep it and leave it

I absolutely love this crock pot.  I had on old one that the center didn't come out so you had to be careful of the cord when washing it, and it only had three temp settings.  This Rival crockpot is great because it's longer than it is tall which means it's easier to cook things.  You don't have to reach down in and stir everything to get it to cook.

The Rival comes with the center dish made to be removed for easy cleaning or to put it on the table to serve.  It is the first programmable crock-pot slow cooker.  You can set it for how long you want it to cook, and you can select the temperature.  I love this timer feature as I am not home to observe the processes.  I simply get everything ready in the morning and put it all in and set it to cook longer and on a lower setting.  The inside is very easy to clean and food does not stick.

You can make a lot of different things in a crock pot, including dessert.  There are numerous books for sale with recipes specifically for slow crocker cooking.  Not only are things made in these pots delicious, but also more fulfilling.  Their easy and fun to use and make little mess so clean up is easy.

Rival 5-quart Smart Pot - IT ISN'T TOO SMART!

For someone who has very little time, I THOUGHT this crock-pot would be a dream come true for me. HOW WRONG I WAS!  Rather than having a "set it and forget it" attitude, I have to watch this crock pot like a hawk.  There are 4 settings on this unit.  They are SUPPOSED to be low (12 hours) low (8 hours) high (6 hours) and high (4 hours).  Forget that... the faulty thermostat gives this unit 4 settings of ULTRA HIGH. If you're looking to "slow cook", try a different brand.  The food cooks so quickly, I barely have time to leave the house before food is burning inside of the unit!  The only food item that cooks PERFECTLY in this slow-cooker is a HUGE pork roast.  Throw some BBQ sauce over it and in just about 6 hours, you'll have perfectly tender, wonderful pulled pork sandwiches. Soup also cooks relatively well in the unit. Starchy foods like rice and potatoes will become complete mush in about 2 hours, so I would avoid cooking them in this unit at all cost!  Incidentally, I have found similarly poor reviews about this unit all over the Internet. My attempts to reach Rival to see about a replacement have been unsuccessful

my rival crock-pot/smart pot is so useful for feeding my family.

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

*My Rival crock-pot/smart pot has a removable insert that I can take right to the table for serving (I love that!) I usually pre-brown my meat and prepare everything(veggies ect.) the night before, and put it all in the removable insert then I put it in the  refrigerator, the next morning I put the insert into the outer part, plug it in, and set the time to either 4 or 6 hours at high heat, or 8 to 10 hours at low heat, put the lid on and go to work, when I get home dinner is DONE!  I use it about 3 times a month one of my favorite things to cook in it is: *

***pork chops with mushroom rice.***

*season pork chops with salt,pepper, and garlic and brown them in a little oil, while they are browning mix one can of campbells cream of mushroom soup with about 1 1/2 soup cans of milk, then add one small can of sliced mushrooms drained and 1 1/4 cups of minute rice mix well. spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick spray and put rice mixture in, top with browned pork chops sprinkle with dried parsley (to make it pretty) and cook on low for 8 hours. yummy!*

wouldn't but nothing but rival crock pots

from Morrison, TN

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

i have tried a lot of different crock-pots but after i bought a Rival Crock Pot i will never use another kind because they really hold up to all my task even my husband use it and he even washes it for me and when i used the other brands he couldn't even use or wash them.

The Rival Crockpot is a Must Have in the Kitchen!

from Wilmington, DE

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

The Rival Crockpot is a must have in the kitchen!  My fiancee works 12 hour days and I commute over an hour each way for school.  When we get home the last thing we want to do is cook dinner, but luckily with the crockpot when we get home dinner is usually ready to serve!  We have had this product for over 2 years and it does a wonderful job of cooking our food just right.  The removable inner ceramic dish makes clean up a breeze since it is also dishwasher safe.  I have tried other brands, but this one takes the cake.  It has been the most reliable whe nit comes to cooking time and clean-up.  It also comes with a wonderful little book that contains tons of recipes that are all phenomenal!  I recommend this product for anyone that is on the go and just doesn't have time to make a meal for dinner, it is also great for soups, stews, and other comfort foods that warm you right up on those cold winter days.  I hope you enjoy the product just as much as we have!

been with me forever

from Blue Island, IL

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

try short ribs , season, salt, pepper. cut up onion on top, add potatoes, carrots, set and go shop till you drop.Even gave my granddaughter her great grandmothers lima bean soup recipe, oh so good for the winter.

Fix it and Forget It

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I love that I can get everything ready in the morning and throw it in the crockpot.  Choose how long I want it to cook, click a button and I am off.  If you are running behind schedule it automatically switches to the warm setting so the food doesn't get burnt.  I usually cook everything on low so I am not sure if using the high setting would burn the food.  By the time I get home from work dinner is ready!

Great size for family gatherings and pot luck

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I love my Rival 5-quart Crockpot. It sounds large, but you'd be surprised how versatile this larger-than-standard crockpot is. It works just perfectly for dinner for two (with leftovers of course) or it can easily feed a hungry party of 20 with chili or stew. It's great for soups, spaghetti, macaroni, or any huge-sized side dish you have in mind such as potatoes, corn or vegetables.

If you're cooking for less than 10, this crockpot does run a little hot. I use the warm setting instead of low for slow-cooking of 6 hours or more. But for a big pot of chili - this crockpot makes cooking simple. Just place your ingredients in the 5-quart, oval-shaped pot in the morning, and you've got delicious, slow-simmered chili that's been absorbing all the flavors or your ingredients in six hours. The slow cooking method is key for flavor-filled main dishes that get more spicy, more tender and more delectable the longer they're cooked.

rival crock pot great except for the lid which does not lock

from Philadelphia, PA

the rival crock pot 5 quart

this cooks very well but alot of the times it cooks to fast so if you have a receipe that call for 8 hours it may only take 4hours to 6 hours to cook and like most of us we turn the crock pot on and leaveit i would not do that with this one not only can your food burn the lid does not lock and as soon as it gets hot it starts jumping from the heat of the steam so not only may your food burn but you heard the lid popping the whole time.  this crock pot may be good when you cant afford a better one but i would not reccomend it.

I like Rival crockpots , they are the only ones I have owned

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I have a Rival 5quart crockpot.. I use it alot. Can put things in it of a morning and know it will be done when I get home. I use a 5 quart even though it is only my husband and I to cook for. I can get atleast 2 meals out of everything I cook.

Rival is a name I trust and I will always buy. the one I have now has a removeable pot so I can cook in it and then set it on the table.That means less dishes to wash.

Also so using a crockpot means I have dinner ready and therefore if I come home from work tried we won't end up going out to eat.This saves us money and in these times I need to save everyway I can. Crockpots also are less cosstly to use than an oven so again I save. I use the crockpot to make steak and gravy , to cook a roast,Have made soup in it.Ialso cook bean in it. I can say that whatever I cook in it comes out the way I want it to. I believe I could do without an oven almost as long as I have some form of a rival crockpot.

Easy to use for dinners for the family

from Yakima, WA

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

**I bought the Rival 5-Quart Programmable Crock Pot (SCVPE503) for a great price for a Christmas present for our family. The was a rebate on it so got it for a great price and was time to replace our previous crock pot. We loved our crock pot before but the bowl had cracked and wanted to try a programmable crock pot which we had not had previously. So far this crock pot has worked great and after the cooking time automatically turns to warm so you do not have to worry about being there to turn it down. Is a great size for our family of four and is easy to use and make up dinner for the family without a lot of work. So far I have found it very easy to clean up also and cooks food perfectly. I highly recommend the Rival programmable crock pot for busy parents it can be a real life saver.**

This Rival Crock Pot turns off if you have a brief power blip!

from Myersville, MD

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I have had a rival crockpot for for 39 years...still works great!, but I bought this one because I wanted a bigger one for some dishes.  I trusted the Rival name, but it didn't live up to it on this one.  For starters, it cooks way too hot (but, since I usually use it for big batches of stew or pot roast with gravy, it works out okay, but I wouldn't trust it with something that doesn't have a lot of liquid).  But the major problem is, if the power blips off, even for a second, it resets to the "set me" stage...in other words, it stops cooking and doesn't start again until you reprogram it again.  So, forget using it when I'm going to be out of the house...I only use it when I'm home and know if the power blips off. Kind of defeats the premise of the slow cooker, doesn't it.  My vintage Rival one is still my favorite, and still working after all these years of use, but Rival missed the mark on this one.