View more crock pots slow cookers

3.7

3.7

Gee! How I forget

from Leesburg, FL

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

About three (3) weeks ago, my husband asked me to cook a Pot Roast, with all the goodys, which we had nOt enjoyed for at least four (4) years!  The truth of the matter is, since we had built our new home, I had never even seen it!  Then, hmmmmm, I commited to cooking it, had all the infgedients, - NOW, to find the Crock Pot!  Two (2) hours later (after I thought I would have to go buy one), I found an unmarked box, in the pantry, that had never been opened.  After a good scrubbing, I wondered if it would even work, if the time was going to work out .....and oh yes, did I remember the use of it.

SUCCESS!  iT WAS MY AND SNUGGLES (MY SERVICE DOG) OUR LITTLE SECRET.

HOW i HAD FORGOTTEN THE CONVENIENCE, EASY CLEAN-UP AND THE DELICIOUS MEALS IT PUT OUT- ALL IN ONE POT;  AND WHEN SECONDS WERE REQUESTED, IT WAS STILL WONDERFULLY WARM.

NOW, I HAVE A EW-NEWED FRIENDSHIP!   PERHAPS YOU HAVE ONE HIDDEN AWAY.   USE IT FOR DELICIOUS, EASY AND CLEAN-UP WITH NO FUSS.

More Burn than Slow Cook

from West Des Moines, IA

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I don't know if the item pictured is the exact one I have, but I do have one of the small, older versions of the Rival crockpot. While it has lasted awhile, I have to be careful what I put inside it, as it has a tendency to burn items very easily. Anytime I use it, I have to make sure I place it on the low setting, never the high setting. And sometimes even on the low setting, it still burns. The biggest problem is with cheese dip. The reason for a slow cooker, is so that I can serve cheese dip throughout the night and it can stay hot. However with this brand, if I leave it on, the cheese dip will burn. When it burns it stains the side of the pot, and makes it very hard to clean. The other thing I had trouble with was chili. Even on the low setting, the chili was boiling in the crock pot. Overall, I prefer to use my other Rival crockpot that is bigger rather than this small one, since it burns.

Rival 1.5 Quart Slow Cooker puts the slow in slow cooker

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have had the Rival 1.5 Quart Slow Cooker for 5 or 6 years now and while it's cute and little- and that in and of itself is a novelty, it takes for freaking ever to cook anything.

There is no temp. control, so it's got two setting: off or on.  We use ours primarily for parties or pot lucks where we make/take dips- however, you have to plug in the Rival 1.5 Quart Slow Cooker at least 1 hour in advance to get it hot, or fill the crock with boiling water and let it sit for 10-15 minutes so the crock part is hot.  Then you add the already cooked food, and it might stay hot.

Forget about actually cooking something in it- it look me 12 hours to make bean dip- and all that was asked of the Rival 1.5 Quart Slow Cooker was to make the ingredients hot enough to eat from room temp. Yeah, pretty lame.

Why haven't I gotten rid of the little bastard?  I'm not too sure.  Our other tiny crockpot has a temp. switch on the front (off, high and low) and it cooks food just as well as the large crockpot I make chili and pot roasts in.

Works well but a little small for cooking meals for two

from Oak Park, IL

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

My husband and I bought this shortly after we married. We were both working and wanted to be able to enjoy homecooked, economical meals that were ready when we got home from work. Since there are only two of us we wanted a small one. This is a good basic slow cooker and is a good value for the money. My only complaint is the size. The packaging made it look as though this would be the perfect size for cooking for two people but in the end I was always having to chop the meat into smaller pieces so it would fit in and still allow the lid to close Soup often bubbled over and even a small roast didn't fit (and I feel that roasts are one of the best slow cooker dishes!). We ended up buying a 2.5 quart crock pot which has turned out to be exactly what we needed. This is probably a great slow cooker if you are looking to make side dishes for a family but I would look for something a little larger if you hope to use it to make the main course.

Crock Pot Rival I can always rely on it .

from Plains, MT

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

The Rival Crock pot is a very nice investment that I spent my money on since this one helps me a lot on  my cooking speecially on busy days and needed some helping hand like this product. It is simple to operate ,its no brainer plus it cooked the food so deliciously , with the free recipes that helps me put what to cook with it too. I have no problem(s)  encounter on this and I owned this for one year and half . Quality wise it is very made to last for lifetime, At one time it slip in my hand and fell to the floor which is tiles but still working , it did not break whatsoever. This brand can be trusted in the kitchen as a matter of fact this is my second Rival product the first one has plastic lid but this one is better since it was glass lid , it will not affect the flavor of the food specially cooking it for long time. Operation is low, high and off. The high works really good it heat quickly .

The rival 1.5 qt crockpot slow cooker is a life saver.

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

The rival 1.5 quart crockpot slow cooker has been a real life saver for our busy family! It is so handy to be able to pop something into it in the morning and in the evening when I come home from work, the food is done. How convenient and so easy to use. Plus I like the idea that the inside is removeable and makes cleanup very easy.

Great for slow cooked meals

from Fayetteville, NC

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I do not enjoy cooking and my husband often complains that I have nothing ready for dinner when he arrives home from work.  When I discovered the Crock Pot Rival, it solved this problem easily and affordably.  I bought a slow cooker recipe book and can use the Crock Pot Rival for most of them.  It is a little small and now that my family is larger I will probably need to purchase a large one.  But this pot works well for serving 4 people.  The timer is very nice, allowing you to cook for 4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours, 10 hours, or to keep it warm for much longer if needed.  I find that it gets very hot and i can often shorten the cooking time and set it on the Keep Warm function until I am ready to serve the meal.  If you do not have a Crock Pot yet, this is a great one to start with!  It lasted me for over five years and I will continue to use it.  It washes easily and does not stain even when things sit for a long timel.