Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Rival 1.5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker

Rival 1.5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker

I love this crock pot!

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

I am so very happy with this crock pot! I always wanted one but didn't want to spend the money on one, because I didn't "have" to have one! So when I found one at a yard sale I was SO excited! I took it home and was not sure about it since it has no temperature control knob! But I tried it out and it works PERFECT! If I would have known how much I like it I would have went and bought one a long time ago! I love it! It is the perfect size for a meal for my husband and I, so I don't have to get my big one out for a small amount of food! I use it all the time. The temperature is nice and hot but not too hot! It is so easy to use, and it is easy to clean too! Five stars from me! I would really encourage anyone to get one of these! It is the best money I've spent in a long time!

Time to Heat
I think it is perfect!

Cooking Performance
I am very happy with the performance!

This crock pot is very easy to clean

Super easy!

I love the design!

Very good quality

• Time to Heat:
  • Cooking Performance:

Very Small Crockpot Has It's Uses

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

This crock pot is very small. Perfect for dips or small soups, but definitely not for bigger items such as roasts or stews.

Time to Heat
It heats up super fast and can be very hot to the touch. There are no controls, it is plug and go for better or worse.

Cooking Performance
It can cook. It does not have that much space, so be careful what you put in there, but it will heat whatever you through in there up relatively quickly.

Being so small, it is super easy to clean. Wipes clean with no major issues in terms of sticking. I do not think it is dish washable, but other than that it is very easy to clean.

Cannot be much easier, plug it in and go.

Well designed overall, given it's size. The lid is slightly raised which makes it so you can stuff it decently well. It is small, if you have not gotten that yet, but it works great for smaller needs like dips.

It seems pretty durable. I am not sure how it could break, so I guess it should last a good long time.

• Time to Heat:
  • Cooking Performance:

Dipmaster heats up way too high

from Brooklyn, IA

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

The size of this crockpot is really nice. I thought it would be convenient for keeping dips for appetizers warm while people are snacking before a meal, during a football game, or if you are taking a snack to work. The problem is that it gets way too warm. This wouldn't be a problem if it had multiple heat settings, but it is either on full blast as soon as you plug it in.

So the result, if you are using it for dips for any longer than an hour, is that your dip gets stuck to the edges, overdone, or just plain burnt. If you are constantly stirring you could avoid this problem. But who wants to be constantly stirring a crockpot, it kind of defeats the purpose of having one to begin with.

What we use it for now is cooking small amounts of raw chicken to use later in the day as shredded chicken in a recipe. It works fairly well for that. If we put a couple frozen chicken breasts in around noon, it is ready to use by 5 pm.

Rival Crock DipMaster does the job, but needs to be tended

from Hills, MN

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

I've used my Rival 1.5 quart slow cooker for many parties and special occasions.  It does a nice job of keeping dips at a consistently warm temperature.  However, I wish there were more temperature options.  This crockpot is either on or off.  This means that throughout a party one needs to remember to tend any dips being heated.  If left unattended, the dip is likely to become crusty around the edges or burn.  I've also noticed that my dips do not stay the smoothest in here and have even begun to boil/bubble.

It is convenient for taking too and from parties, but a carrying case would be nice.  Perhaps something similar to larger crockpot versions.

Overall, it's a nice practical kitchen tool, but not necessarily a high-end product.  I received it as a gift, so I cannot comment on the overall value of the dipmaster.  I am glad I have one for the convenience it provides, but I'm not overly impressed.

For a busy family of 5 it's a must have!

from Moncks Corner, SC

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

My Rival crock pot/slow cooker gets used on a very regular basis - so much that I am actually surprised that it has not died yet!  I was given this crock pot as a Christmas present several years ago and use it at least once per week.  It is large enough to cook enough soup, stew, chili, or whatever for a family of 5.  It heats evenly and cooks quickly.  Before leaving for work in the morning I can take a beef pot roast out of the freezer, put it in the crock pot with potatoes, carrots, celery and seasonings and when I come home it's falling apart it's so tender.  I have never had one problem with it.  One nice addition to this crock pot is that the cooking "bowl" lifts out of the heating element and can be washed in the dishwasher.  One negative thing about the crock pot is that I find the outside gets dirty and "stained" pretty quick and never really comes back as clean as I would like.  I have used the Mr. Clean eraser, but it still looks pretty "used" and "dirty" even though it's clean.

It's a must have for a family of 5 that doesn't have an hour to wait for dinner to be ready after coming home from work and school!

Great for singles!

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

I orignally recieved this crockpot as a gift when I was single. It was great for making meals for just one person. Toss in a piece of roast, a potato, and some baby carrots and supper is ready when you get home that night!

Once I got married, this crock pot became the crock pot for making hot dips in. It does really well for that too. It usually takes a few hours for everything to melt and come together. You may want to stir occassionally just to move things around and help them come together.

I really like that the stoneware crock is microwavable (remove the lid) and it also comes out of the heating element to wash. Some of the mini-crock pots do not have the removable crock and are a real pain to clean.

This little crock pot stores easily since it is so small. It doesn't take up much room. I've never had any problems using it and I've had mine for eight to nine years. A great adiditon to any kitchen!

Great size for singles or couples

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Rival 1.5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

Nothing beats a Slow Cooker/Crock Pot!   Student, single, couple, or young family, this slow cooker belongs in everyone's kitchen.

Rival has made slow cookers/crock pots for decades; their's have proven quality and reliability.  And don't dismiss the importance of the three heat settings (Warm, Low and High); they are invaluable in the proper preparation of a "one pot meal."

Do I really use a Slow Cooker?  How often? -- Yes; and as much as possible.  Retired or not I do not want to spend 30-45 minutes preparing a meal then having to wait another 30 minutes to an hour to serve it.  How much is "as much as possible?"  My Slow Cooker(s) is/are used 3-4 times a week.

There are actually 4 different sizes/shapes of Slow Cookers in my kitchen ... 1.5 qt round, 3 qt oval, 6 qt round, and 6 qt oval.  Excessive?  Not a bit ... and everyone of them is used on a regular basis.  Spagetti Sauce and Swiss Steak for two doesn't require a lot of room; but a Sunday Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots, or Chicken Dumplings for us and our son's family does.

A carpenter or mechanic will tell you, "Always use the best tool for the job."  For your kitchen, the Rival Slow Cooker/Crock Pot is one of the very best.