3.5

3.5

Ok for the price

from Auburn, WA

Comments about Rite Temp 6030:

I have had mine for about a year. I was told it worked better if it was hard wired to the power source so battery life would not be an issue so that is what we did. It has worked with no issues other than the remote doesn't work very well so we don't use it. The touch screen and button combination work pretty good for me. When this fails, I would probably go for a better quality item though.

Great if you read the instructions

from Knightdale, NC

Comments about Rite Temp 6030:

Upon moving into our new home last year, we purchased a Rite Temp Model 6030 programmable thermostat and had it installed. When we read the instructions, installation didn't seem like something we could tackle ourselves so we let the handyman do it.

It has lasted us well over the year and works well.  It allows for 3-4 temperature changes programmed throughout all 7 days.   It works for heating and air conditioning.  When you are programming it, it lights up so if you need to make adjustments during the night, you don't need to turn on the lights.

The downfall of this thermostat is that it can be kind of complicated.  I had to study the manual before programming.  After winter, I needed to program it for summer and had to pull out the instruction manual again.  Although there are two of us in the house, I am the only one who knows how to program it because it is so complicated that someone without much patience coudl get a little annoyed with the product.

The price was good, but overall, I might look into other models to see if any are easier to use.