3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

This Ripstik rules!

I just recently bought this Ripstik Caster Board for my nine year old son for a Christmas present.  He absolutely loves it!!  It is very easy to figure out how to ride, and in just two days he has already come a long way on it.  It is great for developing balance and coordination, and I think it will help with overall athleticism and influence the way he plays the sports that he is involved in.  The wheels rotate, which allows the board to be self-propelled.  The overall construction of it seems excellent.  He has practiced on it inside the house and also outside on both the cement of our driveway and on the asphalt.  The performance of the Ripstik Caster Board was satisfactory on all three surfaces.  We have a very small kitchen area, but my son was able to practice on it in the kitchen, without it taking up too much space.  We decided to go with the Ripstik brand instead of a less expensive alternative brand, as a result of our experiences with the Razor brand in the past.  We have owned other Razor scooters and they are well-built and stand up to extremely rough treatment from kids.  This Razor Ripstik did not disappoint.  Since the Ripstik has only been used for two days, and for a limited time during those days, I cannot say for sure that the Ripstik stands up to a lot of wear and tear, but due to our previous experiences with the Razor brand, I think that it will perform similarly.  We were in a quandary about whether we should purchase this Razor Ripstik Caster Board, or the similar Razor Ripstik Caster Board that is a little shorter and does not have the bar separating the two platforms where the feet are supposed to go.  From what we had heard from our son, who had a neighbor friend with the shorter one, the longer one was better to ride on, while the shorter one was supposed to be better for performing tricks.  But we decided that for what our son would use it for, the longer regular Caster Board would be a better choice.  I highly recommend this for anyone whose child is interested in a Ripstik.

Dangerous!

I am NOT a big fan of the Ripstick Caster Board.  I think they are very dangerous. Perhaps my kids were too little at the time to use the Ripstick Board but they could not get the hang of it and neither could any of the adults who were around when they were trying it out.

I bought one for my son's 8th birthday and he and his sisters (ages 10 and 12) went outside immediatly to try it out.  It was not 5 minutes later my eldest comes in with busted up elbow and blood pouring down. I got her cleaned up and the next kid comes walking in the door with bloodied knee.  My kids are active, physical, coordinated kids who play outside constantly. They master any toy they encounter from bikes to skate boards to scooters, etc but this Ripstick Board whipped thier butts.  After a 3 weeks of kids and adults trying it out with out really loving it I passed it on to the thrift store.  Even with helmet and knee pads I don't think this is a very good toy. Not loving it.

Ripkstik Caster Board when you want to have fun

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Ripstik Caster Board:

I am always looking for new things for the grandkids to have when they come to visit. I happened to see one of these boards and they looked rather different. Lots of color and the shape is different as well. I am rather limited on storage space so I like the fact that this was smaller but must admit that I am always afraid of a broken bone. After discussing it with their mom, she assured me that they would be as safe as they are when they are on their other boards and such. The price on these boards are less than others that I had priced so decided that they could give these a try.Needless to say they are a big hit. New, different, challenging their balance and it gave them a new thing to master. After several challenges they pretty much mastered their new boards and I became more comfortable watching them enjoy their new boards. All in all a good choice for them to have some good fun and fun for me to see them overcome hurdles of learning how to balance and stay up.

Ripstick totally sweet!

from Fort Campbell, KY

Comments about Ripstik Caster Board:

My son got this for Christmas and in no time was riding it and having a blast.  It look hard to me at first then I tried it is actually easier to ride than a skate board and much more fun.  It actually could be used as a method to help one lose weight.

My son has been doing some stunts on his and now when he wants to go the store he is riding his rip stick and not his bike.

Great investment and if some happens to this one I will purchase another one.  Heck I might just purchase one for myself. It was really fun.

Ripstick is Awesome!

from Amarillo, TX

Comments about Ripstik Caster Board:

At first, I thought the Ripstick would be too advanced and dangerous for my ten year old son.  However, seeing him on it for the first time proved me wrong!  This product is easy to manuver and handle as you move back and forth.

I would recommend this product to anyone!

My Feet Are Stuck on the Ripstik!

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Ripstik Caster Board:

The Ripstik is a fun toy for kids and teenagers!  May be a little bit harder for the little ones but with practice, you never want to get off of it!  Very fun to play with, and a feeling of accomplishment when you learn a new trick.  The Ripstik is very affordable so the fun does not need to cost a lot! On everyones wishlist, so it can be the perfect gift for anyone!  The only thing I did not like about the Ripstik is that  it is a little hard to balance on and that its very scary when you start. Other than that, its an amazing experience! The Ripstik is a fun toy for kids and teenagers!  May be a little bit harder for the little ones but with practice, you never want to get off of it!  Very fun to play with, and a feeling of accomplishment when you learn a new trick.  The Ripstik is very affordable so the fun does not need to cost a lot! On everyones wishlist, so it can be the perfect gift for anyone!  The only thing I did not like about the Ripstik is that  it is a little hard to balance on and that its very scary when you start. Other than that, its an amazing experience!

The Ripstik caster board is so easy to use!

from Provo, UT

Comments about Ripstik Caster Board:

At first it was difficult to get the concept of the ripstik caster board but after a couple of minutes it felt so natural.  I quickly became very good at the ripstick and can actually do a couple tricks.  You can go really fast which I like but it doesn't feel like you are unstable which is also what I like a lot. The colors were wonderful and not too flashy. I have a nephew who is 5 years old and he too became a quick expert on the ripstik caster board. THe thing about this ripstik is that once you got it you really got it and if you don't do it for a week and then come back you are still good at it and still have fun with it. The price is very reasonable for the ripstik caster board. At my neighborhood elementary school in Oregon nearly half of the kids are riding these to school so it is really the cool thing to do right now.  I had tons of fun with this product and I am not even a kid!

cool!

from Oak Harbor, WA

Comments about Ripstik Caster Board:

this board is really cool andf great ec=xersce for your kids so get them some and them them to go play out side with the board instead of playing tonyhawk video game on the wiii al;l day! this is great for all ages1 it comes in different colors and patters!

Interesting Product

from Hopkinsville, KY

Comments about Ripstik Caster Board:

This product is very interesting. The design is one unlike any thing I've ever seen.  The build quality is very good,  It doesnt feel cheep at all. the foot pads are sturdy, and the wheel mechanism is made of metal.  There is a learning curve the first time you use it.  Its hard to balance in the beginning, but after some practice you will get used to it. After using it for a few hours, you will get up to speed and be traveling fairly fast.  You cant really do any tricks with it, but its not designed to be like a skateboard.

This product can be a great workout, it will get your kids (or yourself) off the couch and moving.  its a wonderful way to get some exercise but not in a traditional way. I love this product and use it for about an hour every day. I completely recommend anyone at least try this product once, and then hopefullly you will enjoy it enough to go get one for yourself or you children.

The Ripstik Caster Board. You can do it or not

from North Aurora, IL

Comments about Ripstik Caster Board:

The Ripstick, its very hard to learn how to ride. Its hard to balance on. You can't do tricks on it. Your more likely to fall off and get hurt than a regular skateboard. In a matter of weeks the wheels will wear down to nothing. Its not worth it. Just wasting your money on something that will break and you'll fall off of and get hurt. Sure, you don't have to keep pushing off the ground to gain speeed like a regular skate board, but regular skate boards's wheels don't wear out in the matter of weeks. What fun is that? You'd have to be always buying new wheels. For what though? Just so they'll wear down again and you'll most likely fall off of more and get hurt. Its a waste of time even trying to attempt to ride it and a waste of money cause your more likely to fail at riding it. And if you can ride it, you have to consently buy new wheels allll  the time. Its not worth the money or the time doing it.

Awesome, even for a mom of 2!

from Niceville, FL

Comments about Ripstik Caster Board:

I have 2 children, aged 6 and 3.  Neither of them are able to ride a ripstik yet, or even know what one is!  However, a fellow mom in my neighborhood has one of these and after I saw her riding on it, chasing after her young children, I knew I had to have one, too!  I asked my husband for it for Christmas, and I have been spending the past few days trying to learn how to ride it!  It is so much fun, and my kids think it is fabulous to have their mommy following them around the neighborhood trying to skate after them on their bikes!  I am falling a lot, and at 34, it doesn't feel great, but I'm having a blast learning a new athletic skill!  I am very active and this is a great new way to get extra exercise while the kids are cruising the streets on their scooters and bikes.  I ordered pink, of course!  I would recommend this ripstik caster board to anyone, even the young-at-heart moms and dads!

very cool and tons of fun!

from Palmerton, PA

Comments about Ripstik Caster Board:

Very cool board.  A little weird and hard to get started, but once you figure it out it is a ton of fun.  You make snowboard type movements (twist) to propel the board... think pushing down on your toes on one foot and picking them up on the other.  The wheels look weird and out of place, but it allows the board to circle on a dime.  You can litteraly run a 360 around a person and touch them the whole time.  There are limitations to the tricks you can do compared to a skateboard, but there are also things you can do that are impossible on a skateboard.  A great addition to the collection!