3.5

3.5

Very unsatisfying mascara

from East Dubuque, IL

Comments about Rimmel London Volume Flash Mousse Mascara:

The Rimmel London Volume Flash Mousse mascara is a disappoint as an addition to a brand name suite of products I usually enjoy.

I have used a variety of Rimmel mascara products, and this one does not live up to the brand.

From the first time I opened the mascara it had a propencity for clumping on the brush. Because of the mousse aspect of the title, this clumping seems to be an unfortunate side-effect of the product formula instead of a fluke batch of mascara.

As one might expect, the clumping lead to a very poor application from lash to lash. I have naturally long lashes. I like to use mascara that add side to side volume to even out my look, and this mascara seemed to suggest it would suit my purpose. However, the side to side volume aspect of the product lead to horrible spidering of my eyelashes and a horrible clumping of the eyelashes (to match the clumping on the mascara wand?).

Since I have lighter eyelashes, I also expect dark color on my lashes. I purchased this product in a darker shade. The color did not translate well from the mascara wand to the lash either. Whether this was because of the unfortunate clumping or the poor design of the wand, I am unsure.

I am sure, however, that this masara fails on three fronts: adding volume, separating lashes and adding color to lashes.

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Rimmel London Volume Flash Mousse Mascara:

I honestly love this mascara and I think I have to buy another one, once I run out. When I apply this to my lashes I actually can't really even feel it, because it's so light. I have the one that is the color black and I feel like it lengthens better than the brown one because I have tried the brown one because my my sister let me borrow it. I feel like it has a lot of product in the container/tube. I don't really like the applicator on the wand because I prefer the scoop applicator because I feel like it gets all of the inner and outer lashes without getting any on your face/skin. This actually made my lashes almost twice the size that they normally were. As you may know all most all mascaras have lumps including this one. When I used this I got a little bit of redness around my eye, and I have heard people saying this irritates there eyes too. I don't really recommend this I think that the maybelline falsies is a very good mascara so I recommend getting that one not this bogus mascara.

Luscious Eyelashes for A Good Price

from Jonesboro, GA

Comments about Rimmel London Volume Flash Mousse Mascara:

My eyelashes used to be short, stubby, and thin, but using the Rimmel London Volume Flash Mousse Mascara, I noticed that my eyelashes did look thicker and longer. It doesn't clump, and definitely adds volume to my eyes like the product promises. It's easy to apply, but I have a problem keeping the amount that I put on my eyelashes constant and consistant. It did manage to catch all the stray/crooked hairs and keep them in place for a nice clean look. It's not too heavy but you can still notice it on your eyes. Also, it has a mineral complex that makes your eyes stronger and healthier at the same time making your eyes look absoulutely fabulous. But yeah if you want big luscious eyelashes, then this is the mascara for you. It's also great for a smoky eye. Rimmel is a nice makeup company. They have quality products for a reasonable, inexpensive price. This is definitely one of my favorite mascaras and makeup companies.

I would recommend to buy another one

from Dobbs Ferry, NY

Comments about Rimmel London Volume Flash Mousse Mascara:

Not good. Period. Clumping, You will get racoon eyes in 40 minutes, then you will get irritated eyes( clinique makeup remover can help, but it is still a hassle). Ladies, those are your eye eyes you are talking about - get something better!!!

Rimmel Mascara is an affordable mascara adding volumes to lashes

from White Bluff, TN

Comments about Rimmel London Volume Flash Mousse Mascara:

I purchased the Rimmel Volume Flash Mousse because I had a coupon. I am always willing to try a product when I have a good coupon.  I got the black shade and I liked the color.  This color goes with the color of my hair.  I thought for the money this mascara was a good product.  I thought it provided good volume and it added length to my lashes.  I would recommend this mascara to other people.  It did not make my lashes have clumps and it was waterproof.  I have put this mascara to the waterproof test many times.  It was also easy to remove with makeup remover.  My overall experience with this mascara is good.  I have purchased other brands that I like better but they were more costly. Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase. I would purchase this product again.

Rimmel Volume Flash Mousse Mascara is very lumpy.

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Rimmel London Volume Flash Mousse Mascara:

This mascara never goes on smoothly. It is very sticky and I always end up with spider eyes. I have tried wiping the applicator before use to remove excess and applying with a disposable applicator and nothing stops the globs. It seems like it may work to use a stiff makeup brush to paint your eyelashes with it. It does increase the volume drastically but it makes all of my lashes stick together very badly. It also seems to take a while for it to dry so you have to make sure that you don't touch it for at least 3-4 minutes. I also have sensitive skin and this mascara bothers my eyes a lot. It makes my eyes itch and water every time I wear it. I always end up rubbing at my eyes because they are irritated from this mascara. And since it makes my eyes water and it's not waterproof it almost always ends up smearing. I would not recommend this product for day wear (too over the top spidery) or for anyone who has sensitive skin or eyes.

favorite of all the favorites

from Pearl City, HI

Comments about Rimmel London Volume Flash Mousse Mascara:

I could go on and on about this product, but you should just try it for yourself. It's simply the best. I've tried many high end brands and many drugstore brands. I always come back to this. If you want your lashes to get noticed, look no further. For the natural look, i'd stick with the pink maybelline one. For sex appeal, this is it.

Cheapest, Greatest Treasure

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Rimmel London Volume Flash Mousse Mascara:

Love, love, love this mascara....I've tried so many and this is hands down the cheapest little treasure.  It stays on long and definitely defines the way a mascara should.  They should do a money back guarantee for skeptics just to prove their point....they won't lose a penny!