3.8
Rimmel London
Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Opening Mascara

Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Opening Mascara

3.8

Perfect for big-blue-eyed mascara junkies!

I love exaggerating my eyes, and mascara is my number one tool for doing that. For the longest time I used L'Oreal double extend mascara. When they came out with Volume Shocking, I fell in love with that as well. What wasn't too great about it was that it was very thick and unnatural looking; perfect for dramatic eyes when dressing up and going out, but a bit too much for every day use. About mid-July I started stocking up on make up for college. I came across Rimmel Eye Magnifier, and decided to try it out. I'm a big fan of plastic brushes because they last longer and coat mascara onto my eyelashes better. I have long eyelashes, but they're really thin and light. This mascara was the perfect solution because it wasn't too thick, dried fast, and looks natural. I buy it in both black and brown, and it looks great. The only thing is that when it runs low, it gets a little clumpy, but its nothing a good eyelash comb can't fix!

There's not much I like about this Eye Magnifier Mascara!

I'm always looking out for new, relatively inexpensive mascaras to try, so when I saw **Rimmel London Eye Magnifier Eye Opening Mascara **on sale, plus I had a coupon, I couldn't pass it up.  It was probably on sale so they could get rid of their inventory, this mascara sucks.  It's probably one of the worst mascaras I've ever used.

This Rimmel London mascara claims to:

- Give you 70% lash lift and clean definition

- Fan lashes out from corner to corner

- Provide a defined, wide-eyed look

**My Experience**

****

By the look of the brush, I thought I was going to like this mascara.  It is the new style of brushes that look like they are made out of rubber or soft plastic instead of regular bristles.  When I pulled the brush out of the tube with mascara on it, it kept clumping.  I chalked it up to being new, but after many applications of this mascara, it's still clumpy.  The wand just transfers the clumps from the brush to your lashes.

As you sweep the brush on your lashes, the mascara just binds to your lashes and they stick together.  Every time I use this mascara, I have to use a safety pin to separate the clumped lashes it gives me.  It does add a little volume and a little length, but nothing to write home about.  What it does provide is way below average.

One of my requirements in a good mascara is nice separation.  I good mascara should, add volume, length, not be clumpy and separate lashes nicely.  This mascara didn't do that.  In fact, I don't know how they can claim "clean definition" or "wide-eyed look" as some of it's attributes, because I didn't get ANY of that.  I don't know if it's the brush or the mascara formula, but I just don't like this product.

I would never buy **Rimmel London Eye Magnifier Eye Opening Mascara **again.  In fact if it was between this and going natural, I'd probably go natural.  All this did was *open my eyes *to how bad this product is!

Hard to get mascara on the brush

from Columbia, MO

Comments about Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Opening Mascara:

I like the mascara now that I have used it more, but for the first few days it seemed like it was hard to get much mascara on the wand. Also, the wands tips are awfully curly so it is good with volume but not with length. There are much better mascaras out there.

• Ease of Application:

There's not much I like about this Eye Magnifier Mascara!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

This Rimmel London mascara claims to:

- Give you 70% lash lift and clean definition

- Fan lashes out from corner to corner

- Provide a defined, wide-eyed look

**My Experience**

****

Makes my lashes look amazing

from Butler, PA

Comments about Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Opening Mascara:

I needed to buy new make-up after I had Laser Vision Correction. I wanted to find a mascara that was affordable with easy application. I stumbled across Rimmel. There were many different types but I wanted a mascara to show off my eyes!! This works GREAT!!

Perfect for big-blue-eyed mascara junkies!

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Opening Mascara:

I didn't mind paying a more for this mascara its that good!

from Hebron, KY

Comments about Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Opening Mascara:

This mascara cost a little more than the norm in the drugstores but it has a comb not a brush which i think makes a differnce. I think it comes off really easy compared to the other mascaras.It makes your eyelashes look much longer. I don't like when it does get low or i have had it for a little will it starts to clump on the comb which clumps on the eyelashes.

I hate this one!

from Mulberry Grove, IL

Comments about Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Opening Mascara:

Don't buy it!! It clumps, is difficult to remove and most of all it does NOT dry fast enough to not smear on your face! I was so humiliated when my doctor asked what I had on my face. When looking in the mirror...it was the Rimmel eye magnifier mascara I was using. I doubt I'll ever try a Rimmel product again!

Makes your eyes really pop, super long lashes

from Santa Monica, CA

Comments about Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Opening Mascara:

I don't know if this mascara is for everyone, but for someone like me with thin straight lashes it really made the difference. I feel like not too many people know about this mascara, but for me it is easily better than any of the expensive department store brands. The difference in how big my eyes look and how long my lashes look is undeniable, and I always get compliments when I use this, especially when I combine it with the help of an eyelash curler. It never clumps, but binds to each thin lash making them look thicker and extending them out. I just wish they sold this at more stores, right now I can only find this at a few select drugstores in my area. One thing to note, it always works better right after I buy it than a few months after I have been using it, so maybe the formula dries out after a while.

Rimmel's Eye Magnifier is decent

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Opening Mascara:

I have pretty small eyes, so I was hoping the Rimmel's Eye Magnifier really would do the job it advertised. Well, I guess it's the same as other mascaras because it's really good when I first started using it, but then it gets dry and it starts clumping. So I still have to use a lash brush to get rid of the clumps. It didn't really lift or separate my lashes, but it made them stand out more and after a few tries with my eyelash curler, I finally got them to look the way I wanted them to. The Eye Magnifier made my lashes look a little bit thicker. After a few hours of wear, sometimes it would flake, so I'd have little mascara flakes around my eyes.

I originally picked this brand because it was a whole lot cheaper than other brands like Covergirl and also, I don't really use mascara on a daily basis. I think this product is good for people who just use mascara once and a while because it does take a lot of effort to make it look the way you want to. Ultimately, I think I got what I paid for.

**Hands-down absolutly ...

from Selden, NY

Comments about Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Opening Mascara:

**Hands-down absolutly the best mascara I have ever used!  This mascara makes my lashes super long and defined.  It is also available in almost every drug store at a great price.  This is a must have for me and I have tryed many mascaras.**

Doesn't really lengthen...

from Burlington, NJ

Comments about Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Eye Opening Mascara:

I am constantly trying various types and brands of mascara. I think I happened to pick this particular brand up one day because it was on sale or the price was really low and either I was out of my normal brand of mascara or I just thought it was a good deal. Anyway, this stuff wasn't awful, it just wasn't like the normal stuff I get. I don't pay that much more, but my normal brand, CoverGirl, lengthens my eyelashes. This doesn't seem to do so. It just makes them short and thick. It also clumped a lot more. I also hated the brush.

It was a good travel mascara and a backup one at that. I guess that was the only thing it was good at. And I guess it would be good for someone who just wants contrast with their eyes and is not focused on the actual length of their lashes. I'm the type of person who likes to have intense long lashes to bring out my eyes. This did not do that. It was better than nothing however. I got what I paid for, figures.