Other Foundations:
Rimmel London
Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube

Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube

Great drugstore foundation

I was using mineral makeup for many years before I decided to return to using liquid foundation. I was introduced to this foundation from emilynoel83 from youtube. She really raved about this product and said that she used it while she worked as a news anchor. I thought if it stood up to cameras that it was worth a try. I had used a different Rimmel foundation in the past and was pretty happy with it so that made me more open to trying another foundation from this brand. I bought two of these foundations because I think there was a BOGO free sale at the drugstore. I own 200 (Soft Beige) and 300 (Sand). Soft Beige is closer to my skin as far as undertone, but it is a bit light so I usually mix the Sand with it. Sand is a fairly good match but it is way too warm (orange/pink) for my skin. For reference, I am NC30-35. I apply this with a damp wedge sponge. It applies really well and makes my skin look pretty flawless without looking heavy. I don't really need to use concealer after I put this on and I do have some dark spots from acne that I usually do have to cover. It is long-lasting, but the formula is kind of greasy. Sometimes you do have to shake it up because the oil will separate. I like that it comes in a small tube which is very sanitary. The best part is that it doesn't break out my acne-prone skin! :)

Would not recommend this Rimmel foundation.

I have been having a problem finding foundation that gives me good, lasting coverage without making my face super greasy within a couple hours of applying it. I have never used any Rimmel face cosmetic before, so seeing Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation on sale, I figured it couldn't hurt to try. Unfortunately, despite the low price of the foundation, it was not worth it. This foundation seems to suck the life out of your skin in a way. It seems to make your skin dry in a way. It clings to all the fine lines and any rough or dull spots in my skin, ultimately making these imperfections stand out even more instead of covering them! Also, the color was a little lighter than it appeared, or I had expected it to be. I definitely would not recommend this foundation to anyone. Even if it were on clearance for dirt cheap, I'd advise anyone considering purchasing this product to keep their money.

A tricky foundation that can work just right.

Comments about Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube:

After trying a few foundations, I've found that I really like this one. Usually with foundations I find that I have a sticky feeling by the end of the day, or the foundation has dried too much and it starts to flake off and look extremely unappealing. Not only that, but it's difficult to find the right shade when you life in the midwest and have changing skin tones all year long. What I liked about this foundation was that it would blend into my skin nicely wherever I put it, but that's the tricky part. You have to use just the right amount and just the right pressure in order to make it look natural. Too much foundation and your spots look extremely noticeable - not even powder will take away that look. Too little foundation and your spot isn't covered - your skin just looks a tad bit lighter/darker. With the right amount of pressure and the right powder press afterward, this foundation does a great job of smoothing skin tone and covering spots.

not the best and not the worst

Comments about Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube:

I have tried many different foundations only because my face changes it either becomes too dry or too oily. I bought this Rimmel London long lasting finish 25 hour foundation in the shade color soft beige. The consistency was very thick and it had a warm tone to it. It was easy to apply and it went on smoothly. I like how it lasted me all day covering all of my imperfections. It really did blend in with my skin tone and it covered my dark circles very well. I just didn't like how it gave me really heavy coverage, my face looked really greasy through out my day. I noticed I started breaking out in pimples on my cheeks and my chin. I stopped using this for about a week and my pimples went away when I continued to use this foundation my breakouts came back. I wouldn't buy this foundation again, it seems to clog my pores and it made my face look worse. I don't recommend this foundation to anybody with sensitive or oily skin.

Decent for the price.

Comments about Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube:

Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube is a decent product for the price. It's fairly inexpensive, which is always good. However, I find it very hard to find the perfect color! I also find that the 25 hour thing is completely false. I need to fix up this makeup after about 4 hours. It does last a good amount of time. It only has fair to medium coverage which is not good for bad skin. I would say this is a hit or a miss depending on your skin type and color.

Make my skin cakey

Comments about Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube:

it made my skin cakey and changed colors after a while. It also felt like i could just stick a finger through my skin and then there would be a huge dent. It clinged to my skin and was very hard to get off. I really would not redommend this product to anyone.

Excellent, I love it

Comments about Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube:

The Rimmel London Lasting Finish foundation is THE BEST foundation I have ever bought from a drug store. I'm sure MAC or Urban Decay have exceptional foundations but at what price? Rimmel Londons foundation is inexpensive and a great buy for your money. It's thick enough to cover all my spots and discoloration but actually feels light on my skin, unlike other foundation brands and it lasts just like the brand says.
I've been using this brand of foundation for two years now and I'm very happy with it, I probably will never use anything else. I've used all the different "time framed" foundations by Rimmel London and they've all worked so well on my skin. I get that sun-kissed glow and flawless complexion look every time. No oily skin residue or irritation what so ever. And best of all no break-outs! My skin breaks out easily but not with this product. Even if I fall asleep in it!

A wonderful essential foundation that delivers.

from Flint, MI

Comments about Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube:

This foundation has a beautiful flawless finish to it and does not cling to dry patches. It has a primer in it to help prolong the wear and improve the look of it as well. It blends well and does not dry imediately, giving you ample time to blend and perfect your foundation. It has a medium to full coverage, all without cakeyness. Some downsides include the strong floral scent. It seems like a smell that will either be a hit or a miss for people. It also does not last very long. I would say that it can last about 5 hours on combination oily skin with primer and powder before you have to blot and touchup. There is also a limited range of colors with about six to nine different ones, depending on where you are. Be careful when choosing the right color because the colors you see from outside the tube can be very deceiving. It is much darker and yellow toned than what is actually inside. The best way to find your color would be to test it out. The two I tryed were 103 and 200. The color 200 was too dark and pink toned for me while the 103 was slightly too light. It has a more neutral undertone to it, so I was able to work with it. Overall, if you are on a budget and looking for a good basic foundation, and you don't mind strong scents, this would be the one to get.

Effective for Medium to Full Coverage

Comments about Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube:

This foundation is great for slightly dry to slightly oily skin. I noticed that my skin probably isn't the best candidate for this product because I experience too much oiliness in the T-zone. I would describe the consistence to be slightly on the thicker side, being a bit tacky on the skin. It does feel slightly heavy and a bit greasy so those who suffer from oily skin are best to avoid this product. Coverage is decent, easily to build upon application, although what I found to be discouraging is the lack of shades that the brand carries. I couldn't pick the right color for my skin tone, ending up with a foundation that made skin look a bit ashen/grey in some areas like the under eye circles (I have a fair skin tone). What I didn't like about this product is the it comes in a squeeze tube, making it a hassle to apply, and as the product diminished with use, squeezing the rest out is frustrating because too much of the foundation can be deposited. Usually I prefer foundation packaging with a pump applicator. This is an affordable choice, and is worth picking up to see how well the product works for your specific skin type.

Rimmel London Lasting Finish is FANTASTIC!

from Blairsville, PA

Comments about Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube:

This is the only foundation I will use besides my Estee Lauder makeup. This goes on smooth and creamy and it stays on all day! Most makeups that last all day are so drying and they look dry on the face. This is one of the cheapest but best foundations I've ever used! This is perfect for winter weather when the face is usually dry as it makes your skin feel smooth and silky! I highly recommend you try it! It has great coverage too ... no one knows I have freckles!

Would not recommend this Rimmel foundation.

from Glendora, CA

The best foundation

from Niagara Falls, NY

Comments about Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Tube:

I have tried just about every single brand of long lasting foundation, and this is the best by far.  It continues to look great all day and all night.  It provides great coverage and even colored skin tone.  I highly recommend this foundation! (It's one of the cheapest out there which is an added plus!)