3.7
Rimmel London
Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades

Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades

3.7

works well but I can do without the orangey color!

I've been using Rimmel London's fix & perfect primer off and on for a while now,and It really does create a nice smooth base for my foundation. I don't think I've used it often enough to really see any difference in the size of my pores though. One thing that threw me off was the really bright orangey-peach color, I don't see the purpose and I think it just makes your face look too peach toned even after a foundation has been applied over it.

i don't dislike it though, because it does what its supposed to and its decent in price. I kinda have just had it around and only used it every so often because of that color seems to only enhance the redness in my skin! But recently I came up with the idea to mix my green Physicians formula twins 2 in 1 concealer  and it neutralizies the orange color, which works wonderfully to cover the red in my skin and create a velvety smooth base!!

Alone its an okay primer, mainly because of that ugly orange color in it,which I really don't understand why they would add it, I mean do women in London all look orange?? I guess its not meant to be for light or fair skin. So if you have tan skin then it will work great and I recommend it, But if you have light or fair skin then I wouldn't recommend it without telling  you to mix it with a little bit of green concealer to neutralize the orange tone.

Not that great

I have oily, acne prone skin. I discovered the value in using a face primer after spending quite a bit on a tiny bottle of an expensive brand. Shortly thereafter I began a quest for a drug-store equivalent. I decided to try out the Rimmel Fix and Perfect since it was a small fraction of the cost of the first primer I tried. As soon as I got home I realized this wasn't going to work. My idea of a primer is that it has no color in it, from bottle to face it should still be clear. However, the Rimmel Fix and Perfect has this weird orange tinge to it. Even if it blended into my skin, it would leave my skin an odd hue. I also feel that the consistency is too thick for a primer. It felt more like a liquid foundation than a primer. However, it does not offer the coverage of a foundation. I think this product is somewhere in the middle of those two and because of that doesn't not serve a purpose either way.

not impressed

Comments about Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades:

The primer is pretty cheap, but overall I'm not impressed with it. It helps my foundation last longer, but not that much longer. It says it's supposed to keep your face matte, but it doesn't do it for me. My face still gets oily so I have to use an oil absorbing powder over my foundation.

The Second Most Important Cosmetic Product I Own

from Greentown, PA

Comments about Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades:

This has become possibly the second most important cosmetics item I own (my mascara will always some first) The idea behind it is that it provides a smooth base for foundation and helps even out skin tone at the same time, both of which it does very well. What I discovered though is that for summer it also makes an excellent alternative to tinted moisturizer. It does a better job of covering imperfections and it is very light and not at all greasy or sticky.

Great product for a great price!

Comments about Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades:

I just bought a tube of this a couple of days ago. I was drawn by the Rimmel name--I love their other make-up products--and the fact that Rimmell products are so reasonably priced. I have used it several times now and I am very impressed. It does have an off-putting orange tint to it, but I found that it blended in well with my skin and did NOT look orangey after being applied. What I love about it is how well my foundation glides on and that at the end of the day, my skin feels almost as fresh as when I applied it that morning! I have combination skin and it is neither drying nor greasy. I am loving it!

Rimmel Foundation Primer-What a suprise!

from Beaverton, MI

Pros

Cons

Comments about Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades:

This is the first face primer that I ever tried. I listened to all hype over primers and thought it was a gimmick. After trying this, I decided, that I was wrong! I recommend putting this primer on immediately after you put your moisturizer on. This way, I have found out, you only need a little primer, and the tube will last a long time! You still get coverage, with great results this way. Otherwise, I have found out that if I don't put it on immediately, you have to use quite a bit of primer, and it doesn't look very natural to me!. I have found that this product will make my make-up go on smoother, regardless of imperfections...pimples/PORES! Pores are the reason I wanted to try this product. It works, and is very inexpensive as far as facial products go, and Rimmel is available almost anywhere that sells make-up. I use the tube with very little or no color, whatever is available, therefore, I have no interference with the foundation color I am using. This is a cheap product that I would recommend everyone to try. It is a great introduction to the world of primer. This product made me a believer in primer, and as an added bonus, your foundation stays put, and goes on easy!

Not that great

from Newcastle, WA

Comments about Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades:

This is perfect alright,if you wanna look like an oompa loompa.

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades:

I may have found the worst primer on the face of the earth.The worst primer is known as Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Primer.I absolutely hate this primer.I was very suprised to say the least when upon opening this product It was shaded orange.As far as I know this only comes in this crazy shaded apricot color.It does go on a lot lighter than it looks.I dont know how this appears on darker skin.On my fair skin it appears well orange.The color looked ridiculous on me.I resembled an oompa loompa.The color of this primer affected my foundation as well. It is kind of like how yellow and blue make green.When I use this primer and layer my foundation on top it makes a whole new horrible color.As far as how well it works.Long story short it doesnt.I found it doesnt minimizes pore nor fill in wrinkles and fine lines.It does moisturize as in turning your face into a greasy oil slick.It makes your face so greasy the makeup just smears right off.This is a rather useless primer in my opinion.

A Must have for me now!

from Brandenburg, KY

Comments about Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades:

This is the first primer that i have ever used, but i absolutely love it! It is definately within my price range and does what I expected it to do, smooth out troubled areas and makes my complexion look uniform. I like that this product is a reasonable price because otherwise this would not be a must have for me! At first you may think that this is going to be more like a foundation with its coloring, but its actually not. Another great bonus of this product is it leaves my face feeling smooth and clean, unlike alot of facial products that once I have been wearing them for a while begin to make my face feel heavy and very very oily.  Like I said, this is the first primer that I have used, but I have suggested this to friends who have used other primers in the past, and they have told me that they love it as well. Of course with a price tag like it carries, who wouldn't love it. Would recommend it to others as well!

Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Prime is alright.

from Glendale, AZ

Comments about Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades:

First, I'd like to say that I was super amused by the fact that this product is orange, but I'm very glad it doesn't go on orange as I had thought it would. I have darker skin, so I don't know how it would go on fair skin. The product goes on smooth and almost feels velvety to the touch. It is absorbed quickly and doesn't leave a greasy feel like some do. I have very dry skin, so it helped keep the moisture in too. It helped minimize my pores and even light, small scars on my skin. Its an alright primer that helps even out skin before foundation. I could definitely see a difference before and after this primer.

Though I was amused by the orange color, I could do without it. I didn't like the smell of the product either, at first it was almost a turn off. I have come across better primers that were cheaper, but this one gets the job done. Overall, its an alright product for what its supposed to do.

essential,low price,must have!!!!

from Columbus, GA

Comments about Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades:

This is the first primer i have ever used.Neeedless to say,is an amazing product that delivers what it stands for.Great quality.Low price.Smooth finish.Works well with oily skin.My make up stay on for hours and hours whenever i use this;;when i don't i can tell i should have because i do not get the same results without it.

Every woman should give it a try and have it as a MUST.

BEWARE

from Steubenville, OH

Comments about Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - All Shades:

Although this primer is decent at smoothing the skin, I must say BEWARE of this primer before you purchase it!!  The color of this primer is actually quite dark, and almost ORANGE (think bad fake tan).  It comes in a white package, so you cannot see the actual color.  If I knew what color it was before I purchased it, I would not have purchased it.

I have a fair complexion, but I still tried this a few times with the hopes that it would work well for me.  I thought, maybe the color blends in once you put it on.  No, it does not.  When I saw my skin in natural light, it was completely obvious!  It looked like I was wearing foundation that was way-too-dark, even with my best blending efforts.

I must give Rimmel London a good review for their customer service.  When I told them about this problem, they did refund me (because this primer was not usable for me), which I did appreciate.  I just want to warn everyone about this, because there is no way to tell until it is too late!!