3.6
Rimmel London Colour Rush Eyeshadow Quad - All Shades

Rimmel London Colour Rush Eyeshadow Quad - All Shades

3.6

Great shadows for great eyes

I really like the Rimmel Quad eyeshadows. I just recently purchased the brown/earth tones shades and I think they look amazing. The Quad shadows are really versitile in that you can really mix and match them. I know that everyone says that you are supposed to use one for the eye lid, another for above the eye, one to highlight etc., but I find that to be too difficult for me. I am not that good with makeup and often have trouble applying it. With the Quad I either use one shadow, or I sort of mix them together to get kind of a fun look. There is always one in the Quad that is more shimmery than the others which I find to be useful, especially at night when going out. I also love the little applicator that comes in the Quad. It is a normal eyeshadow applicator on one end, while the other end comes to a bit of a point making highlighting or detail work significantly easier. I love to carry this in my purse because it is small and the range of shadows can take me from day to night. The only problem is that the snap to keep it closed does not always hold.

That's it. I officially give up on drugstore eyeshadow.

In my quest to find some nice lavender eyeshadow to make the green in my hazel eyes pop a little more I tried one really [bad compact][1] and hoped that that would be the worst of the three that I tried.  Turns out I was wrong and it could get worse.  Much worse.

The second eyeshadow compact I tried is **Rimmel's Colour Rush Quad Eyeshadow** in the **Smokey Purple** shades.  This black plastic compact has a clear lid thru which one can see the four lovely shades of purple housed within.  The shades range from light lilac to deep aubergine and were the exact four shades I was looking for.  It even came with a two-sided applicator (bonus!) so I figured it would work out well.

And as usual I figured wrong.  The shadows look lovely in the compact but I could not get the eyeshadow to stick to my lids no matter what I tried.  I used the applicators, I tried all my fancy and not so fancy make up brushes, and when all else failed I even tried my finger but it would not even stick to that!  When I rubbed my finger vigorously over the darkest color it picked up a tiny bit of color but I could NOT get it to stick to my eyelids at all.  The only shade that stuck in any way was the lightest shade of lilac that I planned to use below my browbone and not over the entire lid.

1 star - again, I wish I could give **Rimmel's Colour Rush Quad Eyeshadow** less than one star or even a negative value.  It's terrible and I do NOT recommend it.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Prestige-Cosmetics-Duo-Eyeshadow-review-8dde5

A bit too light on my eyes, but it had a great natural look.

Comments about Rimmel London Colour Rush Eyeshadow Quad - All Shades:

I was a bit disappointed that the eyeshadow in this palette was not very pigmented, and I definitely think it could have been a lot more colorful. I do think that the color was nice and even, despite how light it was, but I think that was a very good color for a daily and light look.

The quads are better than the trios...

from Garner, NC

Comments about Rimmel London Colour Rush Eyeshadow Quad - All Shades:

I have this in the brown shades, can't remember the actual name of the quad but it has a dark brown, beige, & 2 lighter shimmery shades. They look good against my green eyes & the colors are more pigmented in these than in the trios for some reason. The only downside is that it tends to flake a little after applying but that's an easy fix. Otherwise, it's still a pretty good eyeshadow. It's not my favorite but it's in my top 5. :)

One of my favorite drugstore eyeshadows

from Olympia, WA

Comments about Rimmel London Colour Rush Eyeshadow Quad - All Shades:

I bought the Rimmel London Colour Rush Quad in "Smokey Noir" and I must say it's absolutely perfect for the price.

The shades (at least in this quad) are very pigmented and they apply very smoothly onto the eyelid. (It also helps to put an eye primer on your lid beforehand!)

There is a bit of shimmer to some of the shades, but it's not chunky glitter. I think it's a very nice touch without looking too overdone.

Each quad comes with an applicator, and I tend to not use the pointed end of the applicator...it's a bit awkward to use and I can never get as precise with the shadow as I can with the rounded end.

All in all I will definitely buy this product again. I am planning to pick up a few more quads. I've had this one for a couple of months and I use it more than any of my other drugstore shadows. It's a definite buy!

Rimmel London Colour Eyeshadow Rocks

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Rimmel London Colour Rush Eyeshadow Quad - All Shades:

I must first profess that I am not your everyday wearer of makeup. So when those special occassions (or sassy days) do come up, I want a product that's easy to use, looks great and lasts a good long while. Rimmel London's Colour Eyeshadow gets an A in every category. I enjoy the Quad colors because it gives me the ability to use a subtle look for work and something a little more dark and sexy for play. Used with a primer, this eyeshadow lasts for most of the day (though I've found that without it tends to gather at the crease of your lid). The colors are succinct and although they do shine, they're not over the top. Application is smooth, and even when just using soap and water, the eyeshadow is easy to remove. It even stands the test of time with me being an eye-rubber (although I try to catch myself while wearing makeup). I love all the different combinations offered in this particular quad set and the price point, as the same color doesn't go with every mood or outfit.

Great shadows for great eyes

from Greendale, WI

Comments about Rimmel London Colour Rush Eyeshadow Quad - All Shades:

I'm not impressed by Rimmel's eyeshadow

from Meridian, ID

Comments about Rimmel London Colour Rush Eyeshadow Quad - All Shades:

I do not like Rimmel's eyeshadow quads-- although they are a good value, you are getting what you pay for! Some of the darker colors go on well enough, the lighter colors not so much. The darker colors that you can get to show up on your eyelids only stay on for a couple hours. I'm not one that sweats or has terribly oily skin so I was suprised at how poorly this eyeshadow stayed on. Even worse, this eyeshadow melts and creases into your lids so you have a lovely dark line along your lid. In the middle of the day, that is not what I want to see when I look in the mirror! Rimmel's eyeshadow quad is another Rimmel product that I have been sorely disappointed in.

Rimmel makes my eyes Sparkle

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Rimmel London Colour Rush Eyeshadow Quad - All Shades:

I just love the new Rimmel Of London Colour Rush Quad Eyeshadow! Actually, all of their products are fabulous. But this eyeshadow just rocks. They come in several fun and bright colors that are very reasonable priced. And an alternative to what's on the market right now. In fact there are very few to none alternatives to this product. They are easy to apply and the color is rich and bold and will last all day. No reapplying here folks! Perfect for teens to adults. They can be worn during the day and perfect for night time too. Even for a special occasion like the prom. You can't go wrong with this Colour Rush Quad Eyeshadow. I'd say these are just as good if not better than those higher end makeup eyeshadow's that you see in department stores.....Mac brand. So go ahead and give it a try. Have fun and go wild girl. You deserve it and your eyes will say Thank-You!!!!

Not the best quality, but the idea comes across somewhat

from Sun City, CA

Comments about Rimmel London Colour Rush Eyeshadow Quad - All Shades:

The eyeshadow from Rimmel is not even as good as the make up from the 99 cent store. While I LOVE their other products, I would never reccomend their eyeshadow, unless it is for someone who goes for a more "natural" look. For me, my make up is always dramatic, and the eyes are the focus. Rimmel in general is high quality + performance, except in the case of eyeshadow.

Lasts and does not crease.

from Woodstock, GA

Comments about Rimmel London Colour Rush Eyeshadow Quad - All Shades:

I love makeup - eye makeup especially.  I have tried a number of eye shadows.  They all look good when they go on in the morning.  But how do they look at lunch or when I am on my way home from work?  I hate to reapply and I also hate when my shadow fades and melts or gets into the creases and looks terrible.  This shadow is the best I have tried so far.  It goes on smooth, lasts without touch up for the whole time I am at work and doesn't gather in the creases.  It is my favorite so far.

That's it. I officially give up on drugstore eyeshadow.

from Annapolis, MD