Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Pros

Cons

A refreshing combination

Comments about Ricola Natural Lemon Mint Herb Cough Drops:

The package itself calls these cough drops "great tasting", and, let me tell you, it is speaking the truth. Lemon and mint together might seem like a strange flavor combination at first, but they are remarkably delicious and refreshing together. The lemon provides a nice zest that helps bust through nasal congestion, and the mint helps to soothe an irritated or sour throat. The other herbs also help soothe throats and promote a person's health in general.

Congestion Relief
The lemon in these drops is great for relieving nasal congestion and lessening sinus tension.

Chest Congestion Relief
In my experience, it does very little to relieve chest congestion, but I enjoy these more as a way to soothe a sour throat and distract myself from my other cold symptoms.

Relief of Aches & Pains
It is soothing and invigorating and helps to overcome the aches and pains that accompany a cold.

Cough Suppression
The lemon and mint relax and soothe my throat and reduce my cough symptoms.

• Cough Suppression:

Throat drops not cough drops

Comments about Ricola Natural Lemon Mint Herb Cough Drops:

As labelled on the packaging, these are clearly stated to be throat drops and that is exactly what they do. They soothe your sore throat immediately. On top of that it tastes delicious unlike Halls. These will not help your cough at all, and it is not designed to do that. I have bad allergies, so my throat is often sore in the morning. I take one of these and it does the trick. You do want to make sure you do take too many because it is also a natural laxative when you take too much. There is a warning on the package about this as well.

Congestion Relief
This is not designed to relieve congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
This is not designed to relieve congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
These throat drops sooth the throat almost immediately. On top of that, the pain is still soothed after the drop is finished. Depending on how bad the sore throat is depends on how long it lasts. However, it does not always help a swollen throat.

Cough Suppression
This is not designed to suppress coughing.

• Cough Suppression:

Take this everywhere with me!

Comments about Ricola Natural Lemon Mint Herb Cough Drops:

This is an essential for my backpack/purse. Whenever I get allergies, I pop one of these babies and they go away and taste great! I have purchased all of the other flavors and I like them all, but this classic one is the most effective. I have kept these with me at all times for years because I have quite persistent allergies. Most people think cough drops are for cough, but I have never used it for coughing. I think cough drops work for simple issues, but not illnesses. If I am sick and I take Ricolas, the symptoms do not go away, but I guess because I am fighting a virus too strong for them! I would recommend this product for small congestion, but if you are sick, take some real medicine

Congestion Relief
Perfect for my nasal congestion! When my eyes start to turn a bit red and my nose is a just in sorts, I take one of these, and the effects clear up in a timely manner. Great, especially when I am busy in public and can't seem to shake off my allergies.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Good for sore throat, but do not overuse!

Cough Suppression
I don't really know about this because I never use it for cough.

• Cough Suppression:

Very soothing, slightly odd dehydrating feeling.

Comments about Ricola Natural Lemon Mint Herb Cough Drops:

So I kind of like these cough drops, they taste pretty good, the lemon flavor doesn't taste very artificial, which is nice. The only weird thing is that, despite slowly dissolving and feeling like liquid sliding down your throat, they also make my mouth feel dry, the same way that those zinc-packed cough drops do. Not necessarily a problem, just something to be aware of.

That being said, I still will use them, though I generally prefer the mentholated ones in cherry.

Congestion Relief
Did not really help with congestion, mostly just soothing.

Chest Congestion Relief
Again, not much help here.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Don't think they're supposed to do this, but, newsflash, they don't.

Cough Suppression
Pretty good at cough suppression, but mostly just feels good in your throat.

• Cough Suppression:

These are wonderful cough drops.

Comments about Ricola Natural Lemon Mint Herb Cough Drops:

Ricola’s Natural lemon mint herb cough drops have got to be my favorite cough drops! I do not know if they work as well as Halls cough drop/lozenges do, but they definitely taste way better, especially this lemon mint flavor, which I think is more like candy, than medicine.
Not only do these cough drops taste good, but they are also wrapped in tiny wrappers which makes them much easier to take around with me, put in my pocket, etc. than the sticky not-individually wrapped ricola my dad bought when I was a kid.
One thing to keep in mind though is that the effect on the throat doesn't last long after the cough drop dissolves. So even though I definitely prefer them to Halls cough drops, it’s possible they don’t work as well. Nevertheless, these are great for the temporary effect and the taste.

Ricola Lemon Mint Herb Drops: Great Taste and Soothing Menthol

from Houston, TX

Comments about Ricola Natural Lemon Mint Herb Cough Drops:

A dry, scratchy throat can often be controlled with simple medications and one possible option to consider is **Ricola Sugar Free Lemon Mint Herb Throat Drops**, a good- tasting, easy to take medicine.

**Medicine Commentary:**

Ricola Sugar Free Lemon Mint Herb Throat Drops contain the active ingredient menthol, with 1.1 grams per drop. These drops help to soothe a scratchy, dry, or otherwise sore throat while helping to ease an annoying cough.

Ricola Sugar Free Lemon Mint Herb Throat Drops taste great and are about as convenient as a medicine can be. The individually wrapped drops can be taken anyplace and because they contain only menthol as an active ingredient, there are no side effects of any kind. However, the bad thing about this product is that the relief is only temporary. Once a drop has been completely dissolved, the medicine is good for only a short time before another is needed.

Ricola Sugar Free Lemon Mint Herb Throat Drops are sold in two different bag sizes: 19 drops and 45 drops. The price per drop is very low, but one must keep in mind that a product like this isn’t going to do much for a really nasty sore throat. Menthol has a nice, cooling effect but it will do very little to soothe a throat that is sorer than average.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Ricola Sugar Free Lemon Mint Herb Throat Drops are a decent product for treatment of minor sore throat pain. They are limited in their usefulness, but they taste good and make a good choice when throat pain is minor and temporary relief is needed.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Can help soothe sore throat pain

Cough Suppression
Okay at cough supression but doesn't last long

• Cough Suppression:

Ricola Lemon Mint Drops help tame scratchy throats!

from Denver, CO

Comments about Ricola Natural Lemon Mint Herb Cough Drops:

I've used Ricola drops for years. Until they came out with some of these other flavors, I was always stuck with the Original Herb variety, which was not that tasty to me. However, it was still more palatable than Hall's or others that had very strong menthol tastes. That's why I'm really happy to have these Ricola Lemon Mint Drops!

They have a subtle lemony minty flavor that is soothing, but doesn't make you feel like you're taking a cough drop. Like all Ricola drops, they are made with organically-grown Swiss herbs. There is some menthol in them , but not so much that your co-workers would notice it on your breath. This version also happens to be sugar-free, which is a nice bonus. I like to keep a package of drops in my cupboard at all times - each packet has 24 individually wrapped drops, and they last a very long time as long as they're kept in a cool, dry place.

The only drawback as the soothing effect seems to wear off relatively quickly (within 1/2 hour for me), so you should have a spare drop or two in your pocket just in case you need it.

Effective, soothing and oh so YUMMY... Ricola works wonderfully!

from Wylie, TX

Comments about Ricola Natural Lemon Mint Herb Cough Drops:

**Ricola Lemon Mint Herb Throat Drops (sugar free)** are one of many varieties of these amazing little throat drops.  I can't remember when I first tried these throat drops; but, since that time, I have always had several of these on hand.

I am a mom of five who also is part of a very musical family.  Since most of us sing often, we use these drops to take care of our throats and voices.  I always have some **Ricola** throat drops with me.  My kids joke about it, because I am always offering these things to anyone around me who coughs, sniffles, or clears their throat.  That is how impressed I am with these throat drops!

They soothe sore throats.  They calm coughing.  They even help make breathing easier.  My kids with asthma use them as part of their asthma management program.

There is something about the Ricola herb mixture (elder, horehound, hyssop, lemon balm, linden flowers, mallow, peppermint, sage, thyme, wild thyme) that works wonders for throats and respiration.  The menthol in these even helps a bit with sinus congestion.

As with any other type of remedy or medicine, if you are unsure if these are safe for you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.

I recommend these for people... all people.  If you need a cough calmer, throat soother or an herbal pick-me-up, give these **Ricola Throat Drops **a try.  I think you will be glad you did.

Soothing, Quick Relief and Sugar Free

from Leicester, NC

Comments about Ricola Natural Lemon Mint Herb Cough Drops:

If you've ever worked with the general public or in the educational field you know that colds are a part of the job. As much as I wash my hands, add extra vitamin C to my diet, I still wind up with a terrible seasonal cold. I work part-time at Biltmore Estate and even on  our slow days we have 3000-5000 guest visiting the house; most of which we personally welcome. Verbal communication with our guests is an important part of my job, so I can't afford to be stricken with a sore scratchy throat.

On my way home I picked up a package of **Ricola Sugar Free Lemon Mint Herb Throat Drops**. I popped one in my mouth and noticed the refreshing flavor of real lemon mint. I grew lemon mint this summer so I was pleasantly surprised by their real lemon mint flavor. **Ricola Sugar Free Lemon Mint Herb Throat Drops** instantly soothed my throat without the medicine-like aftertaste many throat drops leave behind. **Ricola Sugar Free Lemon Mint Herb Throat Drops** are now in my winter remedy first aid bag. I also keep a handful in my uniform jacket so I always have enough to share with coworkers

In my opinion **Ricola Sugar Free Lemon Mint Herb Throat Drops **gives quick, soothing sore throat relief and they're sugar free!

**Noteworthy:**  Check your local drug store circulars for buy one get one free coupons.  They sometimes have in-store sales for the more popular cold items, especially during the cold and flu season.