3.7

Revlon PhotoReady Makeup

3.7

Pros

Cons

Revlon's PhotoReady foundation is photo friendly!

I really like this foundation! its cream in a liquid and it really does look good in pictures,indoors or out in the sun! It has tiny little light relfectors in it which gives you a dewy look.it gives light coverage that is buildable and it feels very light weight while you are wearing it. It doesn't clog my pores either, which I really like.

its blendable, and I like the color choices, they are not too yellow or pink like some foundations. I love that it has a SPF of 20 too!  Its in a pump dispenser which I love because it keeps your foundation fresh.It is on the higher price range, but its well worth it!  I will keep using  it!

I agree with this!

I was so excited to try the Revlon Photoready makeup.  I read some other reviews online, and was encouraged by what they had to say.  I was also very excited to find an affordable "drugstore" makeup that didn't contain parabens--those are rare.  I was looking forward to getting that airbrushed look that people talked about.  Well, it didn't happen.  First of all, the color was all wrong.  I have used Ivory makeup in other brands for years and when I looked at the bottle of Ivory Revlon Photoready in the store and held it up to my face, it too seemed a perfect match.  Even my husband commented that the color looked like an exact fit for my skin.  But don't let the outside of the bottle fool you.  The shade was many times lighter in real life than what it looks like it is going to be.  The color was so pale that it almost looked like clown white on my face, and I am seriously light complected.  It was AWFUL.

If the color was the only problem with this makeup, I could get over that, but there were other issues.  The makeup touts itself as a full coverage foundation, but it didn't cover even half as well as other foundations I've used in the past.  What was worse, however, was that I have large pores, and the stuff immediately settled into every pore, magnifying this issue.  It also clung to every dry flake on my face.  I'm sure part of the problem was that it was the wrong color.  I also thought it had a little too much shimmer, making me look almost shiny.  It certainly didn't give my skin an airbrushed look, nor was it a look I'd want to have in photos.  The only way I have found I can use it at all is to brush some darker mineral makeup over the top of it, and even that doesn't help much.  I am incredibly disappointed and am looking for another good foundation for my face.  I certainly won't recommend this to anyone.  What a waste of money.I agree with this!!!

Not very "Photo Ready" - questionable coverage and longetivity

Comments about Revlon PhotoReady Makeup:

I was disappointed with this product. It's not the worst foundation out there but I will not be repurchasing again. It may have buildable coverage but it does not last long on the skin, even when primed and set with powder or spray. I did not have any issues with the glitter that people have complained about online. It does not oxidize unflatteringly, which I've found is a common trait in most drugstore foundations for my lighter Asian skin.

It also highlights any dry patches or pores on the skin. I've tried using brushes, sponges, fingers, you name it--but I can never get a nice finish or coverage. I have acne-prone, combination, sensitive skin. This product does not break me out or leave me with any blemishes. It does not cover my scars or redness very well and leaves my skin feeling to dry.

I did appreciate that the bottle comes up with a pump and the line offers a variety of colors.

Clean, full coverage makeup

Comments about Revlon PhotoReady Makeup:

Revlon's PhotoReady makeup is great for a full-coverage look, without looking too heavy or covered up. I like my makeup to conceal redness, and this foundation is perfect. It doesn't look too thick and greasy on my skin, but it still conceals and covers all of my imperfections.

One qualm I would have about the Revlon PhotoReady Makeup is that it doesn't come in too many shades. My friends who have darker skin tones have had trouble finding a tone that matches their skin exactly. However, it is fine for me and I was able to match my skin tone nearly exactly.

I love the packaging on the Revlon bottle as well. It's great for traveling with as it is a durable bottle that doesn't break and fits in my carry-on with ease. The product also has a really nice scent to it - it's light and airy and doesn't have the chemical smell some foundations can have. Overall I am a fan of this product!

Way too glittery for a face makeup.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Revlon PhotoReady Makeup:

When I am not in the bright lights of my bathroom or outside in sunlight, this foundation looks pretty good! It makes my face look really smooth color wise. It evens out my skin tone and hides dark marks and dark circles and veins. It does not cover acne the best, but it is okay for small pimples. It has a natural finish that is somewhat matte but does not look like your face has no moisture. It lasts pretty long if I set it with a powder, probably seven hours without having to retouch. It settles into the lines of my forehead if I do a lot of smiling and moving my face. It also comes off around my cupid's bow if I drink water from a bottle not a straw. That being said, it does not last if I am sweating. I wouldn't want to wear this when I'm out in sunny weather anyways though, because it is extremely sparkly! It looks like I used a glittery powder to set my makeup. I would not want to wear this in photos because my face would probably light up compared to anyone else in the picture.

Made me look like a 'Twilight' vampire

Comments about Revlon PhotoReady Makeup:

You know how Twilight's Edward Cullen is always described as sparking in the sun? That's how this foundation made me look. There are tiny light-reflective sparkles in this product that upon application are invisible, but in the sun are super apparent. Every time I wore this product, my friends would ask me why I had glitter all over my face. Not a question I ever appreciated answering.

It's a shame that this foundation makes me a disco ball because the formulation is actually quite incredible. The coverage is medium, so I found it easy to wear this product lightly on no-makeup days and heavier on bad skin days. It never looked cakey or fake (despite the sparkles.)

I found that I got great wear out of this foundation, as well. Most days, I got a good 9-10 hours out of the PhotoReady on my combination skin.

The foundation itself is great, but the crazy sparkling made me drop the rating so much. Skin sparkling in the sun is only sexy in Twilight.

Perfect Primer!

Comments about Revlon PhotoReady Makeup:

I bought this primer because I was going to a party and I knew there would be a lot of dancing, so I wanted to be sure my makeup was locked in place. Although this is a little pricey for a drug store product, it is worth every penny. The packaging of this product is very high quality (it is in a glass jar with a pump that dispenses just enough product to cover the face). Once applying one pump of this product to my bare face, I instantly notice that it balances discoloration, instantly neutralizing redness. When I applied my foundation and concealer, it was incredibly easy because this primer really made my face a smooth surface to apply my makeup. All through the night, my makeup stayed on my face and by the end of the night, my make up looked as if I had just put it on. Sometimes, I use this primer alone without any foundation because it evens out my skin tone and it keeps my concealer in place all day. This is a great product, and is probably the best drug store primer on the market.

Good product for the price.

Comments about Revlon PhotoReady Makeup:

I have tried this foundation a few different times. Its not my favorite, but I keep going back to it if I am on a small budget when the time comes to get another bottle. This product comes in a small variety of shades (I wish it had more) but I am able to use the lightest color. The pump is great as long as you keep it unclogged. The foundation goes on clean and smooth and works great with either finger or brush application. The main thing I like about the product is its full coverage. The main thing I did not like is that it does not last very long... Its been a while since I have tried it and I have not used it with a primer before (now I ALWAYS use primer).. so I will probably have to give it another shot and see if it will stay on longer. Overall, its a great product for the price. Its also a plus that its sold at almost every drugstore because its probably one of Revlon's best sellers.

Leaves You Photo Ready!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Revlon PhotoReady Makeup:

While I love my Revlon Color Stay, I wanted to try out the photo ready to see if it was just as good. I've tried a bunch of different foundations, but none photograph as well as this one. This foundation is really natural looking, it gave me full coverage without looking too overdone. Another great pro about this product is that it has SPF 20, I need that in a foundation because I am pale and I hate applying sunscreen under my foundation. I like this foundation because it photographs well, I noticed it didn't give me a white cast when I was photographed in pictures. It's great for everyday use as well. I like foundations that are full coverage but feel like you aren't wearing any foundation at all, it felt really light on my skin. This is really easy to blend on with a brush, and it stayed on my face in the summer time. I live in a state that gets really humid in the summer, and it did not sweat off of my skin. This is very long lasting and a great deal for the price. The only thing I wish is that they have a bigger color selection.

Horrible

Comments about Revlon PhotoReady Makeup:

This foundation has to be one of Revlon's worst foundations by far. When I applied this product it went on to my skin okay. I had to build it up to get the coverage I wanted and then I set it with a mattifying powder. It looked good at first but as the day went on I felt like my face was oily and my makeup was sliding off, so I decided to go to the restroom to check my makeup in a mirror. i was horrified at what I saw. Not only was my face an oil slick and my makeup was coming off but my face was as white as a ghost. I have never had a foundation that instead of oxidizing to a slightly darker color, it turned to a ghastly white shade. Never has this happened to me before and I have worn foundation for years. Revlon has other wonderful foundations such as the colorstay whipped foundation but the Photoready foundation is most certainly not one of them. I will not be repurchasing this anytime in the future and I advise those with combination, acne prone or oily skin to stay away from this product.

Perfect Coverage

from TN

Comments about Revlon PhotoReady Makeup:

Revlon photo-ready makeup has a very soft finish, this makeup is great for covering problem areas such as, acne, blackheads, scars, dark spots and freckles. This foundation makes your face look flawless and beautiful. This foundation is also pretty affordable, you can buy it just about anywhere they sale Revlon products, I usually buy mine at Walgreen's.

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST DRUGSTORE FOUNDATIONS!

Comments about Revlon PhotoReady Makeup:

Revlon PhotoReady Makeup has definitely go to be in the top five best drugstore foundations that I have ever used! It goes on so smoothly and perfectly, leaving skin almost as if you are wearing no makeup at all! The finished result is amazing; it does not leave your skin feeling oily or greasy AT ALL, and is perfect for day or night wear. I would recommend this product to men and women of all ages, with any and all skin types. I normally hate wearing any type of liquid foundation, because it is so heavy and has the look of being caked-on, but this is light and airy, and does not give that "pankcake makeup" look at all. I am one extremely satisfied customer with this product, and I am sure that anyone who tries it will be, too. I was pretty skeptical at first, but after trying it out in-store, I had to buy it. I know what you are thinking, "If it goes on that light, the coverage cannot possibly be good enough to hide any blemishes, scars, etc." I have a few scars on my face from acne, and also two pretty deep ones above my left eyebrow, and one pretty bad one to the left of my mouth. This foundation somehow manages to cover them ALL, without looking cakey. This is one awesome product that you have got to try for yourself to believe!