Other Flat Irons:
Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron

Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron

Pros

Cons

wouldn't leave home without my revlon flat iron

At first I was a bit skeptical I couldn't imagine recieiving an item like this for as low cost at the time. (I got this around christmas time) I never have experinced much flat irons, I have occassionally used a few but never really decided it was time to buy one. I'm a busy mom, I have a school age child and a toddler little girl that literally does not sit still.. I get lucky if I add just more then my eyeliner on when I do my make up. Normally my hair is always in a pony tail but I wanted to expand my taste and try something new.

I love this product, I love the fact that it is light enough to carry and not heavy like some of the other flat irons I have seen. I like that it is not too hot to touch in case my fingers do slip. I like that it does not at all leave my hair frizzled or looking damaged. I have very thick hair and normally it would take me at least an hour to straighten my hair but with the revlon flat iron it literally takes 5 to 10 minutes tops. Which for a woman like me makes it all worth it.

One thing I really liked about this product was that it came with a small free flat iron, which I could easily use to take with me places, plus it was small enough to do my childs hair. Which she is a major diva and loves having a few places straightened here and there. Also it allowed her to do her hair (without being plugged in) while I was allowed to do my hair. I know I wouldn't use the small flat iron from the beginning which is why I decided it would be a perfect buy. One for myself and one for my daughter.

I would recommend this product to any on the go business woman, mom, friend anyone. Especially if you have thick hair, it will straighten you in just minutes. This is worth the money and defanitely worth the time

The Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic Straightener is easy to use.

The Revelon Perfect Heat Ceramic Straightener is easy to use.  I like the auto shut-off feature.  It  makes me feel more at ease whenever I use it.  The 25 different heat settings is also a nice feature.  It allows a person with fine hair to use it without fear of burning their hair. I purchased this flat iron because I have a shorter hair cut.  I do not think it would work well on longer hair.  I tried one like this when I had longer hair and it did not suit me at all.  Another thing that I like about it is the 30 second fast heat-up.  It really comes in handy when you have to get ready for work in the morning and running late. I believe this is a good flat iron for a beginner.  I have not had much experience with using a flat iron and was overwhelmed with all the different products on the shelf.  I chose this one because it had a good number of features for the price that I paid. I have only had it for about one month so far and do not have any cons as of this time.

Nice for Straightening the Hair

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

This Revlon hair straightener works great on my hair. It quickly heats up with an indicator light to let you know when it is ready. It runs down my hair smooth and doesn't get tangled or have other troubles along the way. I really like the fact that it doesn't get so hot that you can hear your hair sizzling.

It takes just one stripe down my hair and it is instantly straight and in no time I am ready to go. It is a great hair straightener that enables you to get ready fast and attain fabulous hair, even on a bad hair day!

Even if you are on a tight budget the Revlon Essentials straightener is affordable to the budget so that most anyone can afford it.

I love how fast it is to get straight hair using this Revlon product. There are two temperature choices, and it is really easy to use. Hair looks great.

I have had my Revlon Essentials for about 6 months now and so far, so good. It seems to be durable and high quality.

Works really well but is hard to use.

Comments about Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

Works really well but it is hard to use because the part that you have to hold is right over the button that turns the straightener on and off. I have to manually turn the straightener back on all the time while I'm straightening my hair.

Gets really hot so straightens well.

Affordable and works great!

Comments about Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I had bought a straightener before that made my hair static and did not straighten very good. It also would pull my hair as I would straighten it. However, when I bought my Revlon straightener, I was extremely satisfied! It doesn't pull my hair and also it leaves no static and keeps my hair straightened throughout the day. I absolutely love my new revlon straightener!

A get what you pay for flat iron.

Comments about Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I would give these flat irons an overall good rating. I have extremely curly hair and sometimes like to flat iron my hair straight. With a little hair serum, these flat irons perform the task of straightening my hair. I would definitely recommend purchasing these.

I love this straightener!

from Little Falls, MN

Comments about Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I asked for a hair staightener for my birthday. I actually asked for a different one. But my husband, although well intentioned, got the wrong one. I didn't want to hurt his feelings, so I actually gave it try. I was pleasantly surprised by the results. It actaully does everything it says it will. I mostly use it for straightening. My hair is just kind of wavy naturally and it's fairly fine. I am not familiar with straighteners so it took a little practice for me to get the hang of it. But it didn't take long, and now that I know how to use it, it is so easy and fast. If I can do it, anyone can. I really like the locking handle and the adjustable heat settings. I do wish that it had an automatic shut off though. It's a very affordable iron too. I have never been a fan of ceramic, but I like this one. I think it actually makes my shiny just like it claims to. For everything this thing can do, it's well worth it.

Love my straightener

from Glen Allen, VA

Comments about Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

This is the straightener I currently own and I love it. It has nice ceramic plates which are easy on your hair. I love that it has multiple settings so you can style different hair textures.

The one that I bought also has a wet setting and some steam vents, which means I can actually use it directly on wet hair. It does make a steam noise and that can be scary but it is from the hot iron on the wet hair and it does not burn your hair. Ceramic plates distribute the heat evenly. The plates of this iron are not too wide and that helps to manouver it easily. It is also not as bulky and can be easily carried while travelling.

Due to multiple settings, the plate does get extremely hot and can easily singe you. However the rods are ok...so handling it carefully ismore important. It heats up extremely quickly and is easy to use. This is my second straightener and the first one was also revlon brand. All in all an extremely good investment for curly hair :)

I love my straightener!

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I have had this straightener (or a comparable one) for the last 6 years, and I love it! I bought my first straightener when I was 17, which was a very similar one to this one. I loved it, and used it for about 3 years. I'm not sure what happened, but it stopped heating up. Like I said, it was similar, but not this one. I purchased a totally different kind, and after using it for awhile, I was too fed up with poor heat, static-y hair, and how it took such a long time. So I searched and searched for one like my first one, and this was it!

I've had it for 3 years now, and have loved every minute. This straightens my hair so quickly, and I've never burnt it. It stays clean, even when I spray product on my hair, and just zips through it. I find that it does best when my hair is freshly blown dry and there is little humidity, but I've done it in the middle of summer with high humidity, and my hair stays (relatively) straight. Sometimes there is just nothing you can do to combat the elements.

The heat is very good (I use it on the hottest), and it heats up quickly. It's very smooth and never catches on my hair. I find that it doesn't straighten the greatest when my hair has been in a ponytail all day, but it gets the job done, just takes longer. It's nice that it's so wide - takes less time than the narrow ones when you have long hair. This is such a great product.

Revlon Ceramic Straightener takes out those kinks in my hair.

from Northern Cambria, PA

Comments about Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I wanted a decent flat iron for a cheap price. I found exactly what I wanted in my Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic Straightener. I have straight hair, but sometimes if I'm laying on it while it's drying, I'll get kinks and waves that I hate. I used it quite a few times before going out so I had my straight hair back. It takes no time to heat up at all and you can adjust the temperature to what your hair needs. It makes my hair super smooth and flat, and doesn't seem to need any hair care products to stay that way! It is pretty inexpensive so it's affordable for those that are looking for a nice hair straightener. The straightener is pretty long, so you're likely not to burn yourself while using it. The cord is decently long so you can do your hair and be away from a wall outlet. The only thing I don't like is I can't keep it shut after using it (I haven't found a clip or anything for it). I jus end up putting a hair tie around it whne it's cool so i can store it without it being damaged.

Works Perfect

from Warrensburg, MO

Comments about Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I love my straight iron. This is the second straight iron I have purchased since I started using them and I don't think I will use any other now.

For the price, you really can be beat. Anyone can afford this, and with the use they will get out of it-it more than pays for itself.

It heats up super fast and has several different heat settings that makes it perfect to use. I have had this for at least two years (if not longer) and it still works like it's fresh out of the box.

I have fine hair and this has never onced burned my hair. I can go straight as a board or I can add a little curl at the end and my hair is perfect everytime.

I love that it works so fast too. I rarely have to go over the same sections of hair numerous times. This does a great job at getting your hair straight the first time around. It's such a great time saver.

Revlon always makes a great product, and this one is no different. Definitely recommend.

It works...sort of

from Washington, MO

Comments about Revlon Perfect Heat Essentials 2" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I bought this straightner about a year ago.  I have straight hair but use it to control the fly aways.  It heats up fine and straightens my hair but only if its mostly straight already.  If my hair has creases in it from wearing a ponytail it won't straighten it enough for my liking.  Overall it works if you have straight hair but if you have wavy hair you will need a better straightner.