4.1
Revlon
Revlon Nail Enamel - All Shades

Revlon Nail Enamel - All Shades

4.1

Best "bang for the buck" nail polish!

Of all the inexpensive drugstore/Wal Mart beauty products, Revlon nail polish is the classic old standby for me, and better than SO many of the other brands out there! "Revlon Red" is THE classic red, and "Wine with Everything" is a great fall-winter color that does truly go with most everything. Their hot pinks are great for summer & their gold is my other fave "neutral". They cover with only 2 coats and last (I use NailTek over and under them), & they're thick enough that I can "touch up" a chip here and there and not have to redo an entire manicure constantly, important for me because I work constantly with my hands.

Quick spoil

Dries quickly enough to screw up the job.  My main gripe is that I never can use up the bottle before the stuff disintegrates!  Either it distills into layers or thickens - and once it's thickened, I have to pour nail polish remover into the bottle every time I use it.  It's just not a good deal.  The brush broke off from the cap on more than one bottle.  Also, simply doesn't last too well.

Better brands out there.

Comments about Revlon Nail Enamel - All Shades:

I tried Revlon nail enamel because there were a couple of colors I really liked. However, I was quite disappointed. It took a very long time to dry, and then once it finally did, it chipped easily and faded quickly. The colors didn't look as good on as they did in the bottle, and it was pretty expensive. Overall, I'd say stay away.

Nice nail polishes, a little pricey for drug store

Comments about Revlon Nail Enamel - All Shades:

Revlon nail polishes come in very pretty colors. They typically last fairly well but I find that I need a few coats to achieve an opaque look. For drug store nail polishes they are a little pricey, but sometimes you can find them on sale. I think I would rather buy a different polish brand most of the time, but sometimes there are really nice specific colors that are worth it.

No Chips!!!!

Comments about Revlon Nail Enamel - All Shades:

Not only do I love the colors I love the endurance of this nail polish. This polish stayed on for at least 5 days without one chip in it. Usually I cant go one afternoon with out my nail polish chipping or looking dinged up. That frustrates me to know end. You spend time on your nails only for them to get messed up within mins after doing them, that could make you cry. Revlon's nail polish has not disappointed me yet. Love It!!!!

Inconsistent

Comments about Revlon Nail Enamel - All Shades:

The quality is pretty inconsistent and the full prices for some of them (new colorstay) cost as much as OPI! Not worth it at retail, wait until sales. The range of colors is nice however. Ranges from metallics to certain dupes for zoya, etc. But the metallics very easily chips, not worth it imo. I do like some of the other colors though like 'spanish moss' or 'rain forest' which I recently bought. Their solid colors are better I've always found. The latter looked prettier in the bottle though.

I've found that the line of polishes isn't that great for long wear unless it's the colorstay line. Those, paired with its top coat and base coat lasts me about three or four days without chipping. But the polish takes an hour or so before fully drying--otherwise you'll wake up with marks! Looks nice and shiny then. The brushes are okay though I use my own set. The design of the bottles are interesting (except for those ugly lettering top speed ones...sorry I just feel like it messes up my beautiful collection lol).

Good value, fast coverage

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Revlon Nail Enamel - All Shades:

It only takes two coats to get complete coverage with this nail polish and you could almost certainly get away with just one, especially if you are decently good at manicures (I am not). The control is also pretty good and the bottle and brush are good shapes for holding while painting your own nails. I haven't had any problems with bubbles in the nail polish either and it does last a long time without flaking. Once it does start flaking, however, it flakes constantly and you'll have little coloured chips everywhere if you so much as brush your finger over something. It came off fairly easily with normal nail polish remover and did not stain my nails. I have already bought more and will be replacing more of my nail polishes with this brand.

Quick spoil

from Cockeysville, MD

High quality nail enamel

from Lynnwood, WA

Comments about Revlon Nail Enamel - All Shades:

Revlon Nail Enamel goes on really smoothly and evenly. The application brush works well. The polish withstands chipping for a few days and maintains its shine. There are many great colors to choose from as well, I like Rose Zing because it is a soft pink color with flecks of gold in it.

Great Nail Polish

from Ridgefield, CT

Comments about Revlon Nail Enamel - All Shades:

The Revlon Nail enamel is a really great nail polish. It comes with some very nice colors - Minted is a really nice green, and Red Hot Tamale is a gorgeous firey, deep orange-red color. It comes with a very narrow, long skinny brush which I thought I wouldn't like since I usually prefer the larger brushes, but surprisingly, I really like the brush; it doesn't apply the nail polish streakily. The polish also lasts a very long time and can last chip-free (without a topcoat!) for about three to five days, which is quite a long time. The smell does seem to be a little bit more harsh and obnoxious than most, but for some reason, I think the smell fades from the room a bit quicker than others as well, which is strange. Even if you're a little hesitant, I would suggest trying these because these are very inexpensive.

Not as great as I thought it would be...

from Davis, CA

Comments about Revlon Nail Enamel - All Shades:

I got this nail polish in the colors, midnight affair and plum night. Midnight is a metallicy navy blue, with a purplish undertone. Plum night is basically a dark plum. I love wearing dark nail polishes because I feel like they work better with my skin tone, than pastel colors do. The two colors look awesome in the bottle, however, the awesomeness does not carry through to the nail. I found the polish to be very runny, which makes the application much more difficult in my opinion. The brush is very hard to work with. It feels awkward and I'm not sure why, it might be longer than I am used to. The blue polish is pretty true to color but it doesn't have the same shimmery effect as it does in the bottle. Keep in mind that I do not use any base or top coat. I can't say if the polishes are chip resistant because I only paint my toe nails and for that, they are pretty good. The plum color, however, goes on very very dark (almost black), and it's not quite matte but not shiny either.

great for soft, breakable nails

from Springfield, MA

Comments about Revlon Nail Enamel - All Shades:

I have soft nails that bend and break easily. This makes it hard to wear nail polish. Normally I can only wear polish for one day (not even a full day sometimes) before it is peeling and flaking off of my nails. Regardless if I use a base and/or top coat. This doesn't stop me from painting them, but it just made me only want to paint them right before going out.

I bought Revlon nail enamel because it was inexpensive and had a LOT of colors to choose from. I found out soon after buying it, that it stayed on my nails for days without chipping! This was a miracle for my weak, bendable nails.

The polish went on really smooth and there was hardly a smell to it, like some I have used in the past. I did need to use two coats to get the desired color, but I find that to be the case with most polishes. As long as you don't apply coats back to back, the polish dries in a relatively quick time. I highly reccomend this polish.